Don’t do this to yourselves

You sure brought it today, Behr, I like it.
These boneheads ain't gonna suck the fun outta this week for me. Life is to short to spend a bunch of it on a message board crying because something you have no control of ain't doing what you want it to do.

GTFO. All of you. Buncha Billy bastards. Lol.

(Young Guns reference)

Another example of why you don't start threads on volnation. You get butchered because of your opinion and even the mods join in. I agree with you Jack anybody that thinks we will win Saturday hasn't watched the first 3 games. We make to many mental errors to beat even a decent team. And that opinion doesn't make me love my volunteer any less than I did when we sucked last year or any of the last 10 seasons. It just is what it is right now.
Anyone that doesn’t think we have a chance hasn’t watched the gators first three games. Sorry someone hurt your feelings enough to scare you off of starting threads. Mods have opinions too. I don’t see what’s wrong with them adding them to the conversation.

Another example of why you don't start threads on volnation. You get butchered because of your opinion and even the mods join in. I agree with you Jack anybody that thinks we will win Saturday hasn't watched the first 3 games. We make to many mental errors to beat even a decent team. And that opinion doesn't make me love my volunteer any less than I did when we sucked last year or any of the last 10 seasons. It just is what it is right now.
Jackwagon didn't express an opinion as much as he patronized the whole forum. Nobody here needs to be told how to think.

Quite a shift! You started out guaranteeing he’d be gone in 3. 😏

You’re confused a little.

I said after 2 or 3 years you will know whether or not you have an elite coach.

If you don’t win the SEC Championship by the end of year 3 you probably won’t. Then you have to start assessing the situation overall.

The type of fully developed player in both system knowledge and physique that Pruitt will have after 4 to 5 years will be monsterous. The new redshirt rule could result in some 5 year players on the field that are great SEC contributors but may not be quite good enough for the NFL. That type of team can be a force. Imagine the leadership and talent of 22-23 year old players who know the system completely.

I’m not down on Pruitt. If he doesn’t work out then we get stuck with another Haslamite. Pruitt must work out but we need more patience than most schools can tolerate these days.

1-12? We shouldn't be as confident as our fanbase suddenly is but that doesn't mean we can't or shouldn't win. After W Virginia most said 4/5 wins now suddenly we are definitely beating FL. FL shouldn't scare anyone this year but neither do we. Just enjoy the game and hopefully we will be celebrating all Saturday night.

Oh hush. Your negativeness is awful. It's one thing to be a realist and another to be a downer.

You are a downer. I guess we shouldnt be excited for any game this year..... I guess we shouldn't cheer our guys on.... We should just expect to lose every single game we play.

Give me a break already. Your sad tune is annoying.

I hope every VOL fan expects us to win and I hope every VOL fan is cheering for us to win. The way it should be, the way any self respecting fan should be. It doesn't matter the competition you should always as a fan be cheering for your team and expecting them to win.

Now sit down and shut up. Thanks.
Being an actual VOLS fan obviously doesn't fit his agenda.

We are only two years removed from scoring 38 unanswered points on their supposed NFL defense. This could honestly be JG’s breakout game. If he’s loose and gets it going early, and they pull off the upset, It will honestly go down as one of the more memorable performances in recent UT history.

Florida is not very good but we are worse. Their DL is better than our OL which determines most games. Their offense may not score much, but their special teams will likely make big plays on us.

We won’t lose because of the name on their helmet or our history with them since division play began. We will lose because we aren’t very good at football right now.

Put on your Big Orange Cup and get ready for a kick to the junk. Of course, please bump this if we win.
The important thing right now is that whether we win by 50 or lose by 49 or the game is cancelled because lightning is detected in South America we stick by the team and stick by Coach Pruitt. I badly want to win but if the Gators beat us because they are a little less worse than us then so be it. That won’t be the case for long. What I don’t want to see is us beating ourselves again. Will we make some mistakes? Of course we will but I don’t want to see us giving up defensive TDs, having penalties and turnovers causing missed red zone opportunities, or making life easy for Florida because we can’t alter a snap count, can’t execute a snap in the rain, or because our defensive backs are 15 yards off the WRs and back pedaling on 3rd and 7. Most of all I just want to see all out effort and at least decent execution of a solid, if not spectacular, game plan. If we do that and Florida beats us then so be it. Go Vols!

Maybe it’s the language you and Jack tend to use? When you REAL sumbisches come down from your lofty perches to dispense your TRUTH to the uneducated masses, you openly discount and disregard EVERYONE ELSE’S lifetime of “watching football”. In this particular instance, it’s not you two’s open belief that we lose to Florida that gets you flak...plenty of that from those obviously less traumatized who still manage to support the team. It’s your incredulous reaction to beating FLORIDA. Not UGA...not Bama...not even Auburn...FLORIDA! What have they done that even qualifies them as this “decent team” bogeyman that we supposedly can’t compete with? Over MY lifetime of watching football, I’ve seen a multitude of teams that start shaky but no one wants to play them by the end of the season...myth of getting better as the season wears along. Not guaranteeing or even predicting that for our Vols just not ruling it out. In summation, you and your preening butt buddy get over yourselves and let us WATCH it for ourselves without your stink air permeating any encouraging development we pretend to glimpse.

Maybe it’s the language you and Jack tend to use? When you REAL sumbisches come down from your lofty perches to dispense your TRUTH to the uneducated masses, you openly discount and disregard EVERYONE ELSE’S lifetime of “watching football”. In this particular instance, it’s not you two’s open belief that we lose to Florida that gets you flak...plenty of that from those obviously less traumatized who still manage to support the team. It’s your incredulous reaction to beating FLORIDA. Not UGA...not Bama...not even Auburn...FLORIDA! What have they done that even qualifies them as this “decent team” bogeyman that we supposedly can’t compete with? Over MY lifetime of watching football, I’ve seen a multitude of teams that start shaky but no one wants to play them by the end of the season...myth of getting better as the season wears along. Not guaranteeing or even predicting that for our Vols just not ruling it out. In summation, you and your preening butt buddy get over yourselves and let us WATCH it for ourselves without your stink air permeating any encouraging development we pretend to glimpse.
Lol

Reactions: Behr and 66volfan

👏

Reactions: Behr
I just watched Pruitts press conference for the UF game on youtube. There was a couple of questions that were asked that really stood out. He was asked about moving Kingston Harris to OL. I am paraphrasing a little but he basically said we dont have depth and more importantly SEC caliber depth. Then he was asked about Trevon Flowers. Pruitt said he has the best instincts for the ball on the team. Now how is this relevant? Simple. His responses pretty much reinforce the OPs stance. We arent a good team. And even if we were to find a way to beat UF, thats not going to change the fact that we are not good.

Florida is not very good but we are worse. Their DL is better than our OL which determines most games. Their offense may not score much, but their special teams will likely make big plays on us.

We won’t lose because of the name on their helmet or our history with them since division play began. We will lose because we aren’t very good at football right now.

Put on your Big Orange Cup and get ready for a kick to the junk. Of course, please bump this if we win.
And people wonder why they call our fanbase dumb.....Damn

Whatever the circumstances, I plan to drink heavily.
What's your poison? I don't want to start too early and flame out and I also don't want to wreck my Sunday with a bad hangover but I do want to be properly anesthetized. Probably going to have to be some good, clean vodka. Maybe the Goose?

You’re confused a little.

I said after 2 or 3 years you will know whether or not you have an elite coach.

If you don’t win the SEC Championship by the end of year 3 you probably won’t. Then you have to start assessing the situation overall.

The type of fully developed player in both system knowledge and physique that Pruitt will have after 4 to 5 years will be monsterous. The new redshirt rule could result in some 5 year players on the field that are great SEC contributors but may not be quite good enough for the NFL. That type of team can be a force. Imagine the leadership and talent of 22-23 year old players who know the system completely.

I’m not down on Pruitt. If he doesn’t work out then we get stuck with another Haslamite. Pruitt must work out but we need more patience than most schools can tolerate these days.
You used different terminology. It brought you derisive heat...not the troll fun you intended. So you’ve changed your position. Pruitt was the result of a bad administration according to you...I’m not confused that you posted that.

Franks isn’t a very good qb. If we can get the noise level up 2015 Oklahoma style then home field advantage could ring true. You don’t have to be better than them, you just have to be better than them that day.

it's the truth. I don't need a loss to UF to say it.

It’s the truth as you and some others define it, not the “truth” that the rest of us do. Not to call out anyone, but we have 1 day and a wake up to watch the game. We put you to the side until after the last whistle blows. Gotta it?

Last edited:

VN Store

Back