'19 NC RB Quavaris Crouch (Tennessee signee)

Never looked like a 5 star in hs not sure why he was one. I was worried coming out that he looked soft for a 5 star. Should have just been a high 4 star. A 5 star I should be able to ones watch highlights and be amazed.
He was a high 4 star haha not trying to make you look silly, just didn’t understand why everyone is saying he was a 5*

Attachments

• 114790BB-A9DE-4D46-BD45-1556799CF96F.png
    114790BB-A9DE-4D46-BD45-1556799CF96F.png
    798 KB · Views: 23
He was a high 4 star haha not trying to make you look silly, just didn’t understand why everyone is saying he was a 5*
I believe he was one at one time in the year. Then he didn't do the appropriate protocol to keep it, like camp and such for specific organizations.

I believe he was one at one time in the year. Then he didn't do the appropriate protocol to keep it, like camp and such for specific organizations.
^-- This

He was the #1 overall prospect regardless of position at one point on 247... Rivals had him at 4 overall... then camps and such... he was hurt and didn't bother... blah blah... he was a consensus 5* at one point during the summer

Jeff Luc was a 5*
I remember how everybody on VN ...and every fan base ...wanted him.

Aquib Talib was a 2*
Antonio Brown wasn't rated
Malcolm Butler 0 star. I think we have grown to understand stars dont really matter in the end. Coaches evaluation is the key I believe. Especially our staff we have now. If they can get who They want then I have confidence they will coach them up to their fullest potential.

Malcolm Butler 0 star. I think we have grown to understand stars dont really matter in the end. Coaches evaluation is the key I believe. Especially our staff we have now. If they can get who They want then I have confidence they will coach them up to their fullest potential.

Stars matter. The only reason this argument is even remotely valid is because the recruiting services only give out so many 4 and 5* to players. Of course there are going to be exceptions to the rule. But tell me, how many 0,1 and 2* players are on Bama, OSU or UGA?
If stars really dont matter, you would see teams like Kansas State competing for NCs.

Reactions: RowdyTop

Everyone likes the underdog story but the teams annually winning championships are signing mostly 4-5 stars. Not saying lower rated kids can’t be good players but it is a team game and it has showed that the teams having the most success Bama, UGA, Ohio State etc. are signing top classes.

OV to Bama this weekend per VQ

Another visitor who was penciled in to visit but won’t make the trip is 5-star Quavaris Crouch. The ATH remains a top Tennessee target and will return to campus sometime this fall, but the Charlotte native is taking an OV to Alabama this weekend.

Last edited:

Every fan thinks their coach has the best evaluations, and only one fanbase is right. We use recruiting rankings and which teams offer a player to evaluate how good they are because we want to have the best team and using a standard of evaluation that removes scrutiny is the tool of losers. UT fans know better than most... when our AD tried to make a ****** coaching hire, we didn't sit back and say "our AD knows best - this dude must be better than our evidence indicates". We looked at it objectively and ran him out of town. Remove your bias. Apply scrutiny where it's due - unless you want the next 15 years to be like the last 15 years.

^-- This

He was the #1 overall prospect regardless of position at one point on 247... Rivals had him at 4 overall... then camps and such... he was hurt and didn't bother... blah blah... he was a consensus 5* at one point during the summer
They were talking about Drew Richmond

Welp... this is it. It’s finally gonna happen. The stars matter/don’t matter debate will finally be resolved once and for all in this thread.

Right now we’re just a few more “championship teams are comprised of mostly 4-5 stars” and “(insert NFL All Pro name) was a 2 star” away from settling it.

Welp... this is it. It’s finally gonna happen. The stars matter/don’t matter debate will finally be resolved once and for all in this thread.

Right now we’re just a few more “championship teams are comprised of mostly 4-5 stars” and “(insert NFL All Pro name) was a 2 star” away from settling it.
This may be the first time it happens in a 5 stars thread so that's the key to solving possibly? Why is it happening here?

OV to Bama this weekend per VQ

giphy.gif

Edit: Swansoned by SugarCC.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back