Why didn’t we hire Mark Stoops???

Here's the difference. Kentucky gives their coaches time to get their guys in. Want to gut your program? Keep firing ya coaches.

Why not just take out the trash instead of leaving it?

We’re still recovering from the scent of Butch Jones.

Had we kept him any longer, the program would be in shambles.

Kentucky hasn’t improved. Florida has just gotten worse... actually everyone in the East has not named Georgia so it helps team like KY and Vandy think they are competitive.

Here's the difference. Kentucky gives their coaches time to get their guys in. Want to gut your program? Keep firing ya coaches.

Lol keeping Butch 5 years in the first place gutted our program. UT and UK have different expectations.

Kentucky hasn’t improved. Florida has just gotten worse... actually everyone in the East has not named Georgia so it helps team like KY and Vandy think they are competitive.

LOL.

Stoops took over a roster devoid of any SEC talent outside Dupree, Williamson, and maybe a handful of others. Snell, Bowden, Richardson, Baker, Conrad, Young, Jackson, Edwards, Daniel, Jones, Allen, West, etc. that have proven themselves to be capable in the SEC. The roster isn't Alabama's, but the improvement both in talent and results is proven and obvious.

Progress has been slow, but to act like UK hasn't improved under Stoops' tenure is absolutely ignorant.

So if UT, Florida and Missouri we’re still competing for SEC titles, you think your Kitties would win any of those? Nope. Keep telling yourself you’ve improved and you’ll stay irrelevant like you always have been.

Ignorant

So if UT, Florida and Missouri we’re still competing for SEC titles, you think your Kitties would win any of those? Nope. Keep telling yourself you’ve improved and you’ll stay irrelevant like you always have been.

Ignorant

I guess to truly improve as a program we need to win a title and then spend 20+ years systemically destroying it in every way imaginable?

I mean, Butch did have the longest tenure but 5 head coaches in 10 years, SMH man. Hard to build anything with the old revolving door.

Stoops didn't inherit a single SEC caliber player. What he's done in the hardest league in the country is outstanding by any measuring stick.

Ignorant

IF...IF...IF...

There's ignorance, but I believe that arrogance with ignorance is the worst.

I mean, Butch did have the longest tenure but 5 head coaches in 10 years, SMH man. Hard to build anything with the old revolving door.

Stoops didn't inherit a single SEC caliber player. What he's done in the hardest league in the country is outstanding by any measuring stick.

It’s called having an Administration that doesn’t care about winning.

When you go bargain shopping for head coaches, expect cheap results.

Pruitt is a defensive mind who demands excellence. I believe we’re in good hands until he gives us a legitimate reason not to trust him with our program.

The question I have is KY that good or is Florida just that bad?
I think this puts a ton of pressure on UT to beat both.

Losing to UK is a fireable offense.I am sure they will give Mullen a mulligan on this one, but if he loses to UT or and/or Vandy this year.....

“Hardest league in the country”. The SEC East has been absolute ass during Stoops time at UK yet...

2-14 against UT, FL, UGA
0-2 in bowl games
12-28 in SEC play
1-4 against that old revolving door UT (avg margin of victory almost 3 TDs)

Congrats?

Not saying we should have hired him, but don't be surprised when we lose to both KY & Vandy. They hit late in the year and I'm sure we will have quite a few injuries before we match up.

Are you really suggesting that an argument existed under which we should have kept Dooley or Butch for longer? There's quite a big difference in potential between our football programs.

You gave Stoops 3 years to establish the program. Pruitt will also get that here. Stoops came into 2016 on something of a hot seat and since then he's gone 14-12 (9-8). That's pretty good at Kentucky, and that's why he's still there (and been rewarded with an extension, even). Stoops still hasn't won a bowl, is 1-4 against Tennessee during one of the worst periods in school history (with the one win coming in Tennessee's worst season since joining the SEC), and is 1-4 against Louisville. Stoops is there because he does have some wins over fellow mediocre/bad programs over the last couple of years (South Carolina/Vandy/Miss St/Mizzou in 2016, South Carolina, Mizzou, Tennessee, Vandy in 2017). Usually Kentucky loses a couple of of those games, and instead you've managed to win a couple more than you usually do and go .500 in conference play.

Once you've had time to get your feet under you, 9-8 in conference play at a place like Tennessee over 3+ years isn't any good at all.

both are not very good....it's just that the Fla team is WAY below average for them....and KY team is a little better than normal for UK....

Both staring down the barrel at 6-6 seasons....just like us....
KY goes 8-4 this year.

“Hardest league in the country”. The SEC East has been absolute ass during Stoops time at UK yet...

2-14 against UT, FL, UGA
0-2 in bowl games
12-28 in SEC play
1-4 against that old revolving door UT (avg margin of victory almost 3 TDs)

Congrats?

Yes...congrats are in order. We had an absolutely terrible roster when Joker left in 2012. We have a coach in his first head coaching job. We're recruiting sandwiched between conferences in a state we really don't even win a ton in. And yet we've slowly improved every year under Stoops.

Excuse people for celebrating minor successes of a football program at an AD that only truly started caring in the last few years.

VN Store

Back