2018-2019 Predictions Thread

How many wins do you think the basketvols will get this year?

• 29 or more

Votes: 33 18.5%
  • 27-28

Votes: 53 29.8%
  • 25-26

Votes: 49 27.5%
  • 23-24

Votes: 37 20.8%
  • 21-22

Votes: 5 2.8%
  • 20 or less

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters

VEKZY

I know it's early, but I figured we can start our way-too early predictions now. The full schedules were released today (as BTO posted). I will start with my predictions:

Out-of-conference: 11-2
In-conference: 15-3
Total record: 26-5
MVP: Admiral Schofield

Breakdown:
vs. Lenoir-Rhyne W
vs. Louisiana W
vs. Georgia Tech W
n Louisville W
n Marquette/Kansas L
vs. Eastern Kentucky W
vs. Texas A&M-Corpus Christi W
n Gonzaga L
@ Memphis W
vs. Samford W
vs. Wake Forest W
vs. Tennessee Tech W
vs. Georgia W
@ Missouri W
@ Florida L
vs. Arkansas W
vs. Alabama W
@ Vanderbilt W
vs. West Virginia W
@ South Carolina W
@ Texas A&M W
vs. Missouri W
vs. Florida W
vs. South Carolina W
@ Kentucky L
vs. Vanderbilt W
@ LSU W
@ Ole Miss W
vs. Kentucky W
vs. Mississippi State W
@ Auburn L

**The poll is meant to reflect regular season wins.**

Last edited:
Reactions: StarRaider
10-3 OOC
13-5 SEC
23-8 overall

Fixed...my math didn't add up

Last edited:
So we're just talking about regular season then, yeah? I truly think anywhere between 24-27 wins is possible, but the tougher SEC worries me a little. Still, this team has me excited.

So we're just talking about regular season then, yeah? I truly think anywhere between 24-27 wins is possible, but the tougher SEC worries me a little. Still, this team has me excited.

Yea I was talking about regular season. I don't think we win the SECT, but do think we finally make that final 4 run.

Reactions: AngryButchJones
11-2 OOC
12-6 SEC
23-8
That’s exactly where I am on it as well. I also say we at least make the SEC tourney final and at least make the Sweet 16. I’ll likely predict further when the time comes but let’s see the matchups first. The SEC will actually be in the mix for best conference.

Anybody else surprised we had 11 people vote 29+? I’m used to that in the football forums but basketball? No knock I love it. I like 21-24, but went with 23-24.

If Bone can be more consistently productive, they can make noise at an 8 or 9 seed. I don’t see them worse than a 6, but my point is just get in with this team.

I keep hearing that the SEC is getting tougher in basketball the last 3 years now, but I haven't seen any proof of that to this point. There will be about 5 good teams this year including us, Kentucky, Vanderbilt, Florida, and Auburn. Mississippi State might be a little better, but that's about it. Alabama will be the same or worse, A&M will be way worse, Missouri and Arkansas will be about the same. South Carolina , Ole Miss, LSU, and Georgia will be bad. We should split the games against the 5 good teams, and beat the bad teams

I'll say 26 wins, #2 seed in the NCAA tournament.

31-0
SEC Tourney Champs
NCAA basketball National Champs

I keep hearing that the SEC is getting tougher in basketball the last 3 years now, but I haven't seen any proof of that to this point. There will be about 5 good teams this year including us, Kentucky, Vanderbilt, Florida, and Auburn. Mississippi State might be a little better, but that's about it. Alabama will be the same or worse, A&M will be way worse, Missouri and Arkansas will be about the same. South Carolina , Ole Miss, LSU, and Georgia will be bad. We should split the games against the 5 good teams, and beat the bad teams

I'll say 26 wins, #2 seed in the NCAA tournament.
LSU will be solid . Two 5 Star big man , a 4/5 star PG along with Tremont waters .

VN Store

Back