Knoxville Restaurants

We eat there fairly regularly. It's healthy, tasty, and not terribly expensive. The kabobs, white beans, and mixed veggies are consistently good. I had some kind of roasted half-chicken with a spicy sauce last time that was a good hearty meal.
Thanks, kd.

We are going to try their falafel next time we're out that way. That and the kabobs ought to be good.

Oh, not at all. The idea that $9-10 breakfast offerings such as the menu I provided is expensive is just absurd. Tupelo Honey is great, but most people aren't driving downtown and dealing with parking for breakfast or a regular basis. Would you consider it "overpriced?"

No I would not consider it overpriced as the quality of product served is very good, as well the service has always been spot on.
First Watch left me with that " I've been taken"

No I would not consider it overpriced as the quality of product served is very good, as well the service has always been spot on.
First Watch left me with that " I've been taken"

Sorry to hear that. I wonder if management has changed, or something else might explain the different experience you had there. The kids were actually asking to go for breakfast this weekend, so I'll go see if anything seems to have gone downhill.

Oh, not at all. The idea that $9-10 breakfast offerings such as the menu I provided is expensive is just absurd. Tupelo Honey is great, but most people aren't driving downtown and dealing with parking for breakfast or a regular basis. Would you consider it "overpriced?"
For the quality of food I got for a breakfast it’s definitely not worth 40 bucks. The eggs were terrible and the onions on my omelette were burnt. What they call chorizo is not even close and the green chili’s were out of a can. I will say the potatoes were good but that’s about it. I would rather have Cracker Barrel if that’s the best they can do. My wife’s breakfast tacos were also terrible. For a chain, they just aren’t special

And that's why there are lots of locations to choose from. What you find as wonderful and what I see as not so wonderful keeps you and the kiddies happy. Not sure why you found it necessary to point out my post as they were other posters with similar experiences as mine.

Just tried Olibea today for breakfast and that is the best breakfast food I’ve had so far from anyone in Knoxville.

Careful BD, there are sheep of First Watch just like Stock and Barrel.

Can the forum please aware me about Stock and Barrel? I've always considered going there as I enjoy both bourbon and hamburgers, but for whatever reason I've never made it inside. Seems like there are a lot of polarizing opinions about the place.

Alcoa will mainly be for the production brewery, which is still at least a month away. It will have a small tap room with small appetizer menu. Our new restaurant will open on Gay St Thursday. I’ll be in Knoxville all weekend so if anyone is downtown stop in and say hi, going to be in the old 5 location at the corner of Union and Gay St.

Nice, I may actually be downtown on Thursday. Should I ask for TDTennessee at the host stand :cool::p

Can the forum please aware me about Stock and Barrel? I've always considered going there as I enjoy both bourbon and hamburgers, but for whatever reason I've never made it inside. Seems like there are a lot of polarizing opinions about the place.
my suggestion is go and see how you like it. Its a bit pricey for a hamburger and fries and a drink but you might find it accurate

You should definitely go. The fried cheese app with Tennessee honey and baguette was great as were the fried pickles for the table. The burgers were excellent and substantial, I recommend splitting an order of the duck confit fries with someone with the burger rather than the regular fries. If you are going to order a burger cooked anything more than medium go to Wendy's.

Reactions: kiddiedoc
Can someone reccomend a good wing and beer place in Knoxville? Tired of the same ole same ole

VN Store

Back