Knoxville Restaurants

First Watch....not impressed at all.

Been there twice, $40 breakfast for two. First visit was pretty good, second visit was not good for several reasons, have not been back.
Too many choices in Knoxvegas with very good breakfast to roll the dice on 50 %.

Whenever you eat at Nama, make sure that that if you're having the fish of the day or a chef's platter, please ensure that they do not serve escolar. For some reason Nama always seems to have this fish on hand, and try to serve to the unsuspecting public. Escolar literally has a laxative effect and should be avoided at all costs - This Fish May Make You Very, Very Sick

With that being said the last time I was at the Nama Bearden location was about a month ago. They had some amazing sashimi specials. I had Otoro sashimi served with a soy ginger sauce. Outstanding food. Likewise, I typically eat at the bar there, so service is always excellent.

Since you mentioned: we did, in fact, have escolar as part of the chef platter. I'm quite certain nobody ate more than 6 oz of that particular fish (that would be a lot of sushi, as part of a mixed platter). No GI effects on my wife or I.

Here we go again...o_O

tenor.gif

Since you mentioned: we did, in fact, have escolar as part of the chef platter. I'm quite certain nobody ate more than 6 oz of that particular fish (that would be a lot of sushi, as part of a mixed platter). No GI effects on my wife or I.

Good to hear you all were fine after eating that fish. Personally, I don't think that the fish is very good. There are better fish that they could source to serve raw.

Went to Moonshine Mountain Cookies by West Town Mall. The cookies taste great, but all batches have oats, which I don't care for. They also all have some Ole Smoky Shine in either the cookie or the glaze, although the alcohol bakes out.

I can't see it, but hope it works for them. The only reason I ever go to Alcoa is when Midland Restaurant is calling my name for breakfast.

Alcoa will mainly be for the production brewery, which is still at least a month away. It will have a small tap room with small appetizer menu. Our new restaurant will open on Gay St Thursday. I’ll be in Knoxville all weekend so if anyone is downtown stop in and say hi, going to be in the old 5 location at the corner of Union and Gay St.

Reactions: bigdaddy
Been there twice, $40 breakfast for two. First visit was pretty good, second visit was not good for several reasons, have not been back.
Too many choices in Knoxvegas with very good breakfast to roll the dice on 50 %.

$40 breakfast?! Was this a buffet?

Anyone ever ate at Zoe's Kitchen in Turkey Creek?
We eat there fairly regularly. It's healthy, tasty, and not terribly expensive. The kabobs, white beans, and mixed veggies are consistently good. I had some kind of roasted half-chicken with a spicy sauce last time that was a good hearty meal.

Reactions: malinoisvol
$9-10 for a fresh, hearty, protein rich breakfast is very reasonable. Stick with McDonald's if you want cheap nasty food.
View attachment 163294

What is your deal doc, do you have a vested interest in First watch? No one mentioned mickey dees, other than you.
The First watch conversation came up, I've eaten there twice. First trip was good, the second trip was bad. I think it's overrated and over priced for what it is.
I prefer Tupelo Honey which is a similar concept.

Reactions: Bret178
What is your deal doc, do you have a vested interest in First watch? No one mentioned mickey dees, other than you.
The First watch conversation came up, I've eaten there twice. First trip was good, the second trip was bad. I think it's overrated and over priced for what it is.
I prefer Tupelo Honey which is a similar concept.

Oh, not at all. The idea that $9-10 breakfast offerings such as the menu I provided is expensive is just absurd. Tupelo Honey is great, but most people aren't driving downtown and dealing with parking for breakfast or a regular basis. Would you consider it "overpriced?"

VN Store

Back