Knoxville Restaurants

Is the new location open
I'm not sure. We went to the one off Kingston Pike. Service was absolutely terrible at first. We literally set there for 25 minutes when we first set down. We actually got up to leave and the guy just happened to finally walk over there. I will say the food was damn good though.

I'm not sure. We went to the one off Kingston Pike. Service was absolutely terrible at first. We literally set there for 25 minutes when we first set down. We actually got up to leave and the guy just happened to finally walk over there. I will say the food was damn good though.
The one out near Watt Rd? The new one is by west town mall

I’m looking forward to it, the other one is just too far away for me

I read where someone earlier in this thread posted about how parking is an issue at the one in Farragut. I can't remember if it was KD or someone else.

I read where someone earlier in this thread posted about how parking is an issue at the one in Farragut. I can't remember if it was KD or someone else.
Ive heard that as well. I hope he can keep both locations open. I’m not food truck savvy but does he have one?

They have a small lot, but there is a grass overflow lot right across the sidestreet

It's been a little while and these may have already been mentioned but Burger King on Cedar Bluff permanently closed after 40 years. Also the Quaker Steak and Lube on Kingston Pike has already closed as well. That one didn't last long at all. A guy at Wendy's on Cedar Bluff said the Burger King was going to have to do major upgrades to the building and he guessed they didn't want to do it.

Pokeworks is going to open a location in Western Plaza.

It took me a while to realize Quaker Steak & Lube was a restaurant and not an oil change place. Odd concept.

Reactions: sona
It took me a while to realize Quaker Steak & Lube was a restaurant and not an oil change place. Odd concept.
Its actually from my hometown. Restaurant is actually an old gas station/mechanic shop. Branched out about 15 years ago. Pretty good wings. Used to be better. Burgers are very good. Wing buffets are good.

Calhouns on the River. Decent? We're down to this, Jig and Reel and Stock and Barrel on Thursday. Thoughts?

Calhouns on the River. Decent? We're down to this, Jig and Reel and Stock and Barrel on Thursday. Thoughts?

Personally, I think Calhoun's is just not very good. You're on the river, and that's about the extent of the positives. What are you looking for? There are so many great spots downtown now...

If you are in the mood for BBQ, go to Sweet P's on Jackson. Everyone but bigdaddy loves Stock & Barrel (seriously good burgers). Higher end options: Lonesome Dove (my personal fave), J.C. Holdway, Oliver Royale, Emilia, Ruth's Chris. Nama for sushi. A Dopo for really good wood fired (but pricey) pizza. Tupleo Honey, Cafe 4, Knox Mason...

Last edited:
So for several years now I've been familiar with LivingSocial and Groupon which are sometimes great places to find great coupon deals for local restaurants. A friend of mine recently made me aware of another one called www.localflavor.com . There is currently a coupon for The Melting Pot. I've lived in Knoxville my whole life and still have never been there. I've heard mixed reviews of course but still need to try it sometime.

So for several years now I've been familiar with LivingSocial and Groupon which are sometimes great places to find great coupon deals for local restaurants. A friend of mine recently made me aware of another one called www.localflavor.com . There is currently a coupon for The Melting Pot. I've lived in Knoxville my whole life and still have never been there. I've heard mixed reviews of course but still need to try it sometime.
I’ve never had a bad meal at the melting pot. The thing is that it’s pretty pricey for the amount of food, but the flavors are awesome.

And the Melting Pot is somewhat of an event. It takes an hour or two (or more) to get through a meal there. Usually 4 courses which takes awhile.

I worked there for awhile back in the day. I prepared all the platters of raw meat/veggies and made them look good.

"An hour..?" LOL, last time we went there it was a three hour tour. My wife joked that the meal gave her ADD.

Reactions: crusse10
I’ve never had a bad meal at the melting pot. The thing is that it’s pretty pricey for the amount of food, but the flavors are awesome.

Yeah, I hear $40 per person is like the bare minimum. You do have to cook your own meal as well so that adds to the time. Don't go in expecting a 45 minute meal. Knowing all that upfront and realizing that the visit as a whole will be more of an experience you'll probably have a better time.

Yeah, I hear $40 per person is like the bare minimum. You do have to cook your own meal as well so that adds to the time. Don't go in expecting a 45 minute meal. Knowing all that upfront and realizing that the visit as a whole will be more of an experience you'll probably have a better time.

If you like to fondue it's a good time, if not I wouldn't bother going.

It’s more like $20 per person for the minimum. At $40-$50 you get a pretty good variety. Definitely a great place to take a date and drink wine while waiting on your food.

VN Store

Back