John Brennan

I’m still trying to figure out why people are getting upset about someone losing their clearance. Brennan and others have no need for it if they aren’t working for the gov anyways.
I can honestly see why people keep them beyond the time they worked for the .gov. Like times the are called and asked questions about this, that, or the other based on what they knew about a subject in the past. But Brennan is a partisan hack who is nothing but a liar and constantly goes on TV and gets completely unhinged. That’s not really a guy who we should be using for his “opionion” on anything. The guy has lied to the American people and should have been fired by BO.

Crazy lemmings, in goosestep keep parroting the same talking points over and over about 1st amendment right being violated. You people are insane. We can’t have a ex-CIA director get on tv or twitter talking about the POTUS is treasonous and expect that loon to keep any clearance.

Reactions: NurseGoodVol
I’m still trying to figure out why people are getting upset about someone losing their clearance. Brennan and others have no need for it if they aren’t working for the gov anyways.
Admiral Stavirdis, the Supreme Allied Commander for Europe, said he had consulted with virtually every member of Trump's target list multiple times after they had left their posts regarding items of national security. It's what intelligent people do when they're looking for advice regarding the best interests of our country. Taking away their security clearances impacts that ability. Now multiply the Admiral's declaration by likely hundreds of diplomats, Congressmen, and others entrusted with national security and (if you were being honest) you can see what a foolish precedence this sets. Once again, the Orange Mongrel is the only one that's ever done this due to petty, partisan political reasons . Now, another 60 former CIA members have condemned the decision.

60 ex-CIA members condemn Trump for revoking Brennan’s security clearance

I can honestly see why people keep them beyond the time they worked for the .gov. Like times the are called and asked questions about this, that, or the other based on what they knew about a subject in the past. But Brennan is a partisan hack who is nothing but a liar and constantly goes on TV and gets completely unhinged. That’s not really a guy who we should be using for his “opionion” on anything. The guy has lied to the American people and should have been fired by BO.

Crazy lemmings, in goosestep keep parroting the same talking points over and over about 1st amendment right being violated. You people are insane. We can’t have a ex-CIA director get on tv or twitter talking about the POTUS is treasonous and expect that loon to keep any clearance.

It’s more basic. There will be zero consultation between current admin and Clapper, Brennan, Comey, McCabe, Yates, Rice, etc... so there really isn’t a basis that they will need a clearance. It’s been brought up that the courtesy is to let them keep them in case they’re needed. They won’t be needed. Period. As a minimum all of their clearances should be deactivated and allowed to normally expire. Not revoked just deactivated.

Now you take the specific case of Brennan. His actions while still within the intel community, his continual commentary while being booted from the intel community, and now his current posting as a political contributor screams revoke. For ever and ever with a note in his file to never be elgible again for a clearance.

Elections, and personal actions, have consequences.

Admiral Stavirdis, the Supreme Allied Commander for Europe, said he had consulted with virtually every member of Trump's target list multiple times after they had left their posts regarding items of national security. It's what intelligent people do when they're looking for advice regarding the best interests of our country. Taking away their security clearances impacts that ability. Now multiply the Admiral's declaration by likely hundreds of diplomats, Congressmen, and others entrusted with national security and (if you were being honest) you can see what a foolish precedence this sets. Once again, the Orange Mongrel is the only one that's ever done this due to petty, partisan political reasons . Now, another 60 former CIA members have condemned the decision.

If you want to make the case that you need to talk to these people because you are the newly appointed whatever I have no problems with that , if you are still talking to these people 18 months into your job I not only have a problem with that , I have a problem with you not being able to do your job on your own without somebody coaching you . These EX intel people banding together for one agenda ... well you just have to look at the two letters before the position they held , “EX” . Show me the 60 current ones that are protesting .

Last edited:
I'm actually surprised clearances are not cleared after people leave these jobs. That in itself should be changed for everyone, not just Brennan.

Reactions: Sandman 423

Who would be asking those questions?

So 60 ex CIA corrupt bastards feel the same way? I’m sure there’s more.

Reactions: Franklin Pierce
My $.02:

1. Security clearances are good for a specific period of time, not based on current position. Individuals should not have their clearances revoked for political reasons.

2. Access to classified info is granted based on the proper clearance and need to know. None of the political appointees from the previous administration have a need to know.

3. Any attempt to obtain classified information from former associates, loyal to their cause, or leaking of classified information would be grounds for revoking a clearance. I would be shocked if Brennan hasn’t done both.

I'm actually surprised clearances are not cleared after people leave these jobs. That in itself should be changed for everyone, not just Brennan.
It does seem like common sense. Maybe have a very short window after someone leave to consult and then have it expire.

I don't get this notion that we need to let everybody keep their clearance and maintain a permanent bureaucratic class.

It does seem like common sense. Maybe have a very short window after someone leave to consult and then have it expire.

I don't get this notion that we need to let everybody keep their clearance and maintain a permanent bureaucratic class.

Dims think anyone with such a clearance should be buried with it.

So 60 ex CIA corrupt bastards feel the same way? I’m sure there’s more.

What are you basing this statement on? What type of person makes a generalization like that? I’m amazed that you feel confident enough to say something like that about 60 people you’ve never met.

Is this what our country has come to?

Reactions: newarkvol
What are you basing this statement on? What type of person makes a generalization like that? I’m amazed that you feel confident enough to say something like that about 60 people you’ve never met.

My theory is these defenders of Brennan are as corrupt as he is.

Q. Let me ask you this, does a former president get briefed on top secret current events?
A. Hell no.

Are you also amazed that an EX -spook would go on the national media and claim that the president by taking away his security clearance is oppressing his 1st amendment right, and there are 60 Ex -spooks standing up for him claiming he is right ? Just curious .

If luther would put his stop paddle down (he’s been busy, school starting back and all), you could look in his mirror.

The US didn’t get this way on Nov. 8, 2016. If you believe so, do us all a favor, including yourself, and move. I’m tired of the woe is me BS. If you can’t get over Trump being POTUS, America doesn’t need you. None of you. How many people threatened to move and renounce their citizenship when Obama was elected? That, alone, tells you all you need to know.

I know, muh racist, neo-nazi, white nationalist rubes......

VN Store

Back