John Brennan

Wow, this is absolutely not how security clearances work. A security clearance is a level of trust that is NOT tied to just one single job. It's not a building security card, or email access you simply lose when you leave a job. Your level of security clearance is something you earn over time through your career. The only way you lose a clearance is if you are dishonorably discharged, fired for cause, or you've abused your clearance. It is not something that is stripped away because you disagree with the president. A security clearance is a huge resume sticking point, it translates to dollar bills in the real world. It is something you absolutely carry from one government job to another.

fify

And that only applies if the new job has a clearance requirement.

There appears to be this notion that clearances are sitting on a shelf and government employees can just take them as they like.

Clearances cost a good chunk of change to initially grant and then maintain. A clearance must be justified. It has to be tied to government contract or role that requires access to classified information.

No access to classified required. No clearance

There appears to be this notion that clearances are sitting on a shelf and government employees can just take them as they like.

Clearances cost a good chunk of change to initially grant and then maintain. A clearance must be justified. It has to be tied to government contract or role that requires access to classified information.

Yeah, and once you have one, you apparently have the ability do do whatever you want with the information because: muh freedom of speech.

You've made such a compelling argument against these Ivy league constitutional law scholars. Brilliant. Stay in your lane, Quagmire. Giggety.
The opinion voiced by those Ivy League Constitutional scholars is completely incorrect with how clearances are justified and granted.

Reactions: T-TownVol
I spent five minutes on the response, tater tot. Just because you don't like my response doesn't mean it's wrong. Of course, that's the way you Trumpers always think.
Perhaps you should read up on it some more.

How White House Threats to Revoke Security Clearances Violate the First Amendment

Perspective | Trump’s security clearance action against Brennan poses threat to many, demonstrates need for due process

Opinion | Was It Illegal for Trump to Revoke Brennan’s Security Clearance?

You can post all the hack articles you can find , it won’t change the facts . Brennan lost his SC, Trump was the president that had it done , there will be more to lose theirs , not a damn thing the whiners and cryers can do to stop it .because it’s his right as the President ... well I guess they “can “ in 2020 ( maybe )

Lemmings.. Lemmings everywhere...

Maybe we should go ahead and start the Bruce Ohr thread and get it over with.

You've made such a compelling argument against these Ivy league constitutional law scholars. Brilliant. Stay in your lane, Quagmire. Giggety.
It's almost noon. Maybe you should go outside and play. Don't forget your helmet.

I actually think he's set up Pruitt to be successful quicker potentially than his 3 predecessors did. That's about the only credit I would give him. Beating up Big 10 lightweights doesn't move the needle for me.

Recruiting wise, sure.

Player development? **** no

Please go on. This is an interesting comment.

There is no doubt Butch was a good recruiter and salesman. Developing said talent? Hell, no.

Take Dobbs for example. Given a proper QB coach, that kid had the tools to be a pure rock star. However, he was wasted talent that had a far higher ceiling than he achieved.

Hurd is another. "Run him up the middle!"

Some players overcame inadequate coaching to play at a high level. But just weren't coached.

My daughter is a personal assistant to a cabinet secretary. She sits in on meeting at the WH and the Capital. Security clearance is not a right, nor is it issued for life.

There is no doubt Butch was a good recruiter and salesman. Developing said talent? Hell, no.

Take Dobbs for example. Given a proper QB coach, that kid had the tools to be a pure rock star. However, he was wasted talent that had a far higher ceiling than he achieved.

Some players overcame inadequate coaching to play at a high level. But just weren't coached.
I don't disagree with any of this, but I still think we are sitting better now than any of the previous coaching changes lately. We will see what happens. WVU is a big challenge and will tell us a lot I think both on this discussion and whether we have us a capable coach.

I don't disagree with any of this, but I still think we are sitting better now than any of the previous coaching changes lately. We will see what happens. WVU is a big challenge and will tell us a lot I think both on this discussion and whether we have us a capable coach.

I’m in wait and see mode.
Cornbread is a huge unknown at this point

Ive seen the left stand up for some crazy stuff ( seriously ) but I cant believe a logical / sane person thinks losing a security clearance after you leave your job and trying to say it violates your 1st amendment right is the hill you choose to make your stand on . SMH

Last edited:
Reactions: Hayezb
The finally answer? LOL And you wonder why I don't respond. All you did was blow hot air, which is pretty much what you always do.
Within the last two pages I’ve pointed out multiple times how they are justified and you ignore that. GV made the factual point that clearances and their administration have zero to do with 1a. And his statement that if anything agreeing to have a clearance gives up willingly Your 1a rights. I’ve never thought about it that way but I believe it’s correct. You’ve continually ignored these points.

So if anything Brennan has been freed of his government oppression and can run his mouth anyway he likes going forward... as long as he keeps his mouth shut about any classified details he has as a result of the period during which he had his clearance. If he pops off at the mouth on those he broke his NDA and they need to prosecute his ass. Just like they do every other individual that has a clearance.

Within the last two pages I’ve pointed out multiple times how they are justified and you ignore that. GV made the factual point that clearances and their administration have zero to do with 1a. And his statement that if anything agreeing to have a clearance gives up willingly Your 1a rights. I’ve never thought about it that way but I believe it’s correct. You’ve continually ignored these points.

So if anything Brennan has been freed of his government oppression and can run his mouth anyway he likes going forward... as long as he keeps his mouth shut about any classified details he has as a result of the period during which he had his clearance. If he pops off at the mouth on those he broke his NDA and they need to prosecute his ass. Just like they do every other individual that has a clearance.
Oh no. Smart people say that is a violation of freedom of speech. Can't be.

Gotcha. I misinterpreted your post. I thought yo were saying that CJP doesn't have the player development skills/ability

VN Store

Back