'18 GA LB JJ Peterson (Tennessee signee)

You misunderstand me again...It would be dishonest of ME. I don't know how you feel inside, maybe you are honest with yourself, but maybe you are not. When I have a bad feeling I say so. When I feel good about something I say so. I am not anything special, and I am not perfect. I am not the smartest guy, but I am not stupid either. I do think someone that is relentlessly optimistic is probably fooling themselves a lot of times, I am too old and have seen too much crap go completely sideways to be that way. I once was, but now I am not. I apologize for anything I've said too bluntly, or worded in a tactless, hurtful way, but I don't aplogize for being me.

I'm certainly not asking anyone to fart rainbows if they aren't feeling it. The issue is that there are some who jump to the most negative and hyperbolic conclusions to every little thing like it's their reason for getting out of bed every morning, and then seem to get all glowy inside when their predictions come true.

We don’t get back the spot. That’s been pointed out to you by multiple posters.

Grunting without explanation isn't an answer, it may be for you, but I'm the type who wants details to understand the situation clearly. Now. You provided that finally, after grunting and being an ass about it in the meantime. The problem is many of you assume everyone here knows everything you do, or that the other person is absolutely stupid. The reality is somewhere in between. Depending on the person. Instead of sitting high and mighty on your porcelain throne and sneering at the masses. Why can't we just quit acting like Zeus and pretend each of us is a person. My understanding of things is limited in some ways since I do not keep up with every single rule change that occurs, nor do I have the time to peruse through hundreds of posts on hundreds of subjects. So forgive me if I do not simply understand the Neanderthal grunting and bashing of your shield many of you do. I'm not here to do battle via some message board. I'm here to read what I can, enjoy the knowledge I can get, question those who know more and not get talked down to. Intelligent discussion, information sharing and education are great. So, as before, I thank you for your previous, finally given, explained answer to my original query and thought.

Grunting without explanation isn't an answer, it may be for you, but I'm the type who wants details to understand the situation clearly. Now. You provided that finally, after grunting and being an ass about it in the meantime. The problem is many of you assume everyone here knows everything you do, or that the other person is absolutely stupid. The reality is somewhere in between. Depending on the person. Instead of sitting high and mighty on your porcelain throne and sneering at the masses. Why can't we just quit acting like Zeus and pretend each of us is a person. My understanding of things is limited in some ways since I do not keep up with every single rule change that occurs, nor do I have the time to peruse through hundreds of posts on hundreds of subjects. So forgive me if I do not simply understand the Neanderthal grunting and bashing of your shield many of you do. I'm not here to do battle via some message board. I'm here to read what I can, enjoy the knowledge I can get, question those who know more and not get talked down to. Intelligent discussion, information sharing and education are great. So, as before, I thank you for your previous, finally given, explained answer to my original query and thought.

tl; dr

You mad brah? 😏 Butchie is our resident curmudgeon. If you don't like the personality of this forum, maybe you would like the sewer like FF next door better, I doubt it though, this place and these folks are pretty good peeps for the most part...except for the resident 3-4 trolls.

You mad brah? 😏 Butchie is our resident curmudgeon. If you don't like the personality of this forum, maybe you would like the sewer like FF next door better, I doubt it though, this place and these folks are pretty good peeps for the most part...except for the resident 3-4 trolls.

Nope, not mad, don't want the sewer, and just figuring out who to ignore I guess. Trolls are a waste of the internet. Just wish to interact with adults who exhibit a little bit of class.

Nope, not mad, don't want the sewer, and just figuring out who to ignore I guess. Trolls are a waste of the internet. Just wish to interact with adults who exhibit a little bit of class.

Come on man..just relax a little, and pull the uptight stick out of your arse, then you can enjoy the banter of this joint more.

Blah blah blah...butthurt butthurt butthurt. Filler filler bluster filler. Martyr stance double supplex. Braveheart speech. Braveheart death scene. Theme from Beaches. Leave Britney Alone meme. Winding down til I’m repeating how wronged I feel.

I thank you for your previous, finally given, explained answer to my original query and thought.
👍🏻

cool beans came on i think in my last year there in 97 so i'm not overly familiar with it, other than to say i went back for a game a few years after i graduated and me and my girlfriend went in there, and it became pretty apparent we were like grandparents compared to the kids in that place lol....

the strip was awesome when i was there. so sad to see what it has become.

I loved The Strip! The Strip is actually where we “tailgated” when we were students before games and where went went after. Lots of changes around Knoxville for the better but the change there isn’t.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
So, you think just because someone is optimistic and positive in every way is not being honest? I can see where one might think that, I do.
I waited for yrs for someone like Jeremy Pruitt to come along, yrs before I finally joined VN; because over these last yrs, ive really had nothing good to say. Am i a "sunshine pumper"? I guess...I'm just being honest as well. Do I believe JJ is going to make it in? I'm holding out hope, it's definitely looking grim; but, u will NEVER see me come in here and say, 'he gone' or something else to spread my misery, especially 1 or 2 months prior to now, like some of these cats have been doing. And I'm not saying you have done this Ulysees, not at all, not to the extent of what I'm talking about; buddy I can handle you feeling down and the post that come with it, because it seems, as you said, honest. You're jaded, and have every right to be, as we all do; but, some, and you know them as well as I do, come here JUST TO spread their misery, and gloat when their misery turns into reality.
I hope this makes sense. McGill, you're true-blue, buddy. I know and have felt every blow that the Kiffin's and Hamilton's and Hart's and Dooley's and Jones's and Haslam's has inflicted upon us, as well. But I chose now to join VN, because I TRULY believe it to be a new day on Rocky Top. I have ABSOLUTE trust and faith in Jeremy Pruitt, and believe me, I NEVER thought that I would ever say that about a Bammer. But that's just it, he's a Vol, he's my coach...and I don't have a single doubt he is the one to get us back to where we rightfully belong. Go Vols, my brother!

Good post is good.

Reactions: LaagerVol

Wait a minute...the sewer? That might be a bit harsh... The FF is part of our VolNation - we all love our Vols!

VN Store

Back