Vols Practice Thread #6

Just curious how would anyone know that you were Black on an anonymous board with made up names..... Unless you told them like you just did now?

I don't like people throwing the race card out there. Just saying.
Because he tells everyone he's black everytime someone disagrees with him.

He threw out "racists" to a couple of people one night and it included an ex co-worker of mine. He's black. 😂😂😂

I called him the next day just to make sure that was still his screen name.

This is ridiculous man. The only way someone on an anonymous board would know you were Black is if you said something. Also, it's not my delicate sensibilities, you are the one that brought it up which is dumb in the first place.

You ever think that you were compared to D4H because you both adamently go for someone?

I said something because people asked. Did you not see where I said people asked and I answered a question? You weern't here so you don't know how it went down. The better question is why people felt the need to ask just because I liked Dobbs over an inferior player.

Many more adamantly supported QD, KC, Shrout, Worley. Why not say something to them about being the same poster? No one can seem to answer that.

And here is how it originally went.
Me: " Dobbs will be good, he is more talented and I think he should play."
Posters: " He sucks, people only want a black qb."
Me: "he is the best option, that is why some want him."
Posters: " No he sucks. You must be black to want him to play. Are you black?'
Me: " Yes, but that has nothing to do with it. He is just better."
Posters: " I knew it. You only like Dobbs because you are black"
Me: "?????"

Dobbs was better. JG is better. Posters still try to make those same dumb claims.

I was on here several years and my race never came up. As soon as Dobbs came and I supported him, just like I did Bray without any problems, people started the race questions and accusations. I'm not the one with the problem.

There is no such thing. Sorry to hurt your delicate sensibilities but the truth is the truth.

Instead of saying someone who actually makes the same points and supports the same players is an alter, they choose to always claim a poster who shares maybe 10% of the same opinions is an alter. Hmm, I wonder why that is?

People asked before, I answered. They asked the same of D4H when he came in and supported Dobbs strongly. They wanted a reason to discredit my support of Dobbs. He was just better. Some posters couldn't accept it and wanted to create a bs reason that some liked Dobbs over Worley. Some ignorant posters tried it again with the QD/KC vs JG competition.

Wait....... What's this race you speak of? I thought we was all VOL brethern in here that bleeds that beautiful Orange??

JG......black tho right? Asking for a friend

1zow80m.jpg

With 4 quarterbacks throwing it makes it hard to get into any sort of rhythm as a wide receiver. Mix that in with only being in camp 6 days, and your gonna have some drops. Scrimmage situation with extended periods of time with the starting qb and #2 will be what we need to watch for. If we hear about drops in that situation, then I’ll start to get concerned. At this point in time though, there’s only so much media time available. So these guys reporting this stuff are going on extremely small sample sizes.
Same ****ing ball

Reactions: Berry4Heisman14
I said something because people asked. Did you not see where I said people asked and I answered a question? You weern't here so you don't know how it went down. The better question is why people felt the need to ask just because I liked Dobbs over an inferior player.

Many more adamantly supported QD, KC, Shrout, Worley. Why not say something to them about being the same poster? No one can seem to answer that.

Dobbs was better. JG is better. Posters still try to make those same dumb claims.

I was on here several years and my race never came up. As soon as Dobbs came and I supported him, just like I did Bray without any problems, people started the race questions and accusations. I'm not the one with the problem.

Sorry you had to put up with that, some people are still ignorant and carry deep seeded ideas.... I actually expressed the same thoughts on Dobbs but did not get similar questions or comments, but lots of people on this board are way too comfortable with attacking others. We are all Vols let’s keep that in mind.

Imo we should all be hoping for JG to win the job with a very serviceable backup. Makes the most sense on a number of levels for the future of our football team.

Reactions: FĂŻreBall
You are one of the worst offenders. Like they say "a hit dog will holler." Not surprised you felt the need to chime in. Its funny that there are a ton of posters that say the same things as each other, yet no one accuses them of being alters.

We literally say nothing alike except both supporting Dobbs.

We have literally none of the same sports opinions except that.

I like JG, he thinks he is trash.
I hate Josh Allen's game and like Baker Mayfield he is the opposite.
I don't like LeBron, I think he is a fan.
I think Derek Barnett will be great. He doesn't.
I like Joey Bosa. Hr thinks he is a bust.

Plenty more of those. But sure, the exact same opinions. lmao.

It’s great that there are others on the board that have noticed that you two are so similar. Your posting styles are exactly the same.

That’s why it’s your alter. You can cover all of your thoughts even though they contradict each other. Just create another account and use that for some of your contradictions. You forgot to mention that politically both of your accounts are way out in left field.

The most notable sight from Tennessee's practice was star offensive lineman Trey Smith wearing full pads and going through some light contact work during positional drills. ... On one rep he nearly jarred the medicine ball-like blocking bag out of Ryan Johnson's hands, and later he nearly knocked junior college transfer tackle Jahmir Johnson onto his backside, such was the ferocity of Smith's rep.

Reactions: OneVolNation
Some people, like myself, supported all the qb's you mentid. Dobbs was the best of the bubch. I have nothing against JG, but he didn't show me much last year to say he's gonna lead us to anything. Not because of his skin, but his play. I hope to God it was all the oline, but dude I saw the look, he didn't have it last year. He said, "get ready for a magical next 5 games", and we got beat by Kentucky and vandy. He talks it, but hasn't shown it. I don't care what numbers you throw up, he hasn't won. You're bad to assume just because someone doesn't think he's the greatest, it's because they're against his skin color. The best scenario for Tennessee is that he has it going on, and leads this team to victory, if not, I have no reason to think the others will. Not everybody says what they do because of his color, and you come across as thinking that. That said, I know we're gonna disagree in the of usually, but I have nothing against you man, just not everyone is like that. That was supposed to quote known, but I goofed.

Sorry you had to put up with that, some people are still ignorant and carry deep seeded ideas.... I actually expressed the same thoughts on Dobbs but did not get similar questions or comments, but lots of people on this board are way too comfortable with attacking others. We are all Vols let’s keep that in mind.

Imo we should all be hoping for JG to win the job with a very serviceable backup. Makes the most sense on a number of levels for the future of our football team.

You mean you supported Dobbs and people didn't ask you what color you were???
You know why? Because it has never happened! Not to you and not to Ktown.

The real version? VN split over the QBs, like always, and Ktown said the only way people would pick any other QB is if they were racist. And he has called someone racist (just like tonight) about every month since. I would tell you to check his post history but since so many of them get removed, it wouldn't help much.

Maybe you should know a little something about the facts before you start calling people ignorant.

Reactions: Behr and butchna

Tbh K-town, you have been sounding real familiar. I’d be lying if I haven’t wondered if you was d4h bruh

You mean you supported Dobbs and people didn't ask you what color you were???
You know why? Because it has never happened! Not to you and not to Ktown.

The real version? VN split over the QBs, like always, and Ktown said the only way people would pick any other QB is if they were racist. And he has called someone racist (just like tonight) about every month since. I would tell you to check his post history but since so many of them get removed, it wouldn't help much.

Maybe you should know a little something about the facts before you start calling people ignorant.
I don’t think K-Town is overtly racist...like D4H, but his activism can be easily triggered. The Cuonzo Martin events is how I found out he was African-American...and his points were understandable but I didn’t agree with him. My primary issue with him is he has a preference for a player and can’t just own that. He tends to exaggerate or CONJURE these “experts” who become ALL the experts to support a narrative. And he thinks that a high school scouting report that he agrees with is the end all be all final book. No chance that scouting services got it wrong! Which is not how it works. Otherwise Mitch Mustain would be the All-Pro and Aaron Rodgers would be doing...whatever the hell Mitch Mustain is doing right now. Remove that personal failing from him and he’s a pretty decent guy to talk football with imo.

The obsessive poster would be you. You want to Question anything good that is said. You continually question his metal abilities even when he has shown more football smarts than the others.
Thanks for providing another illustration of your bias.

Wtf are you talking about with this D4H stuff? He doesn't even like JG. It's very offensive to have people say that solely due to the fact we are probably the two most visible posters that a lot of members know are black. We literally don't agree on anything on here but our support for Dobbs who isn't even on the team.
So race plays into this for you? I don't care if you're purple.... and if race isn't an issue for you then you shouldn't care what shade of brown the QB is.

Dobbs was one of the brightest, most mature QB's to ever play at UT. He never publicly put his personal agenda in front of the team even when it had to be tempting. There was never an indication that he was ever anything but supportive of the other QB's or tried to second guess the coaches.

But your similarity to D4H has nothing to do with whether either or both of you are black. It has EVERYTHING to do with your obsessive idol worship of a particular player.... to the point of claiming that any criticism of a weakness is not only false but personally offensive to YOU.

I guess you are Jason18's or VolNMiam's alter since y'all hate JG.
Can't speak for the other guys... but I don't hate JG. I've complimented him on what he does well. I've criticized what he's done poorly. It is called objective honesty. You should try it sometime. I have REPEATEDLY said JG has the best arm of any QB since at least Bray. IMO you go back to Manning or even Shuler to find that kind of raw passing ability prior to Bray.
I haven't even said that he could not or would not gain the maturity and mental skills he needs to become very good. But what you just said is another example of what I'm talking about. Anyone who doesn't think he's as totally perfect as you do... you claim "hate" him. You need to seek some help.

I did think he would start. After gaining some experience he did. He took the job and then performed much, much, much better in the role.
He did get the job in part because QD was beaten half to death and partly because Jones wanted JG from the start even though he hadn't earned it. You point to statistics.... but they don't tell a complete story. They had to limit what they did on O which contributed to them losing every game he started except a terrible So Miss team.
I was right. If Jones wasn't a nepotistic idiot he would have started from the jump and we would have won another game or two.
No. You were wrong. Many of us tried to tell you repeatedly that QD getting the most work with the 1's meant he would start... your glassy eyed crush wouldn't let you see it.

Don't act like you are on JG because of me. You did the same thing to Dobbs. Always looking for a replacement and never giving the respect they deserve. Smh. 🙄
Yes. I was honest about Dobbs as a passer. Great leader. Great runner. Smartest guy to ever play QB at UT. NOT a great passer. Like JG the arm was there. He got better. But it wasn't his ability to throw that worried opposing DC's.

VN Store

Back