Vols Practice Thread #6

I said something because people asked. Did you not see where I said people asked and I answered a question? You weern't here so you don't know how it went down. The better question is why people felt the need to ask just because I liked Dobbs over an inferior player.

Many more adamantly supported QD, KC, Shrout, Worley. Why not say something to them about being the same poster? No one can seem to answer that.
Hmmm. Claims not to be D4H but seems to be inserting Dobbs instead of JG....

No one is "more" adamantly" supporting ANYONE than you have JG or D4H did Dobbs.

MOST of what you are talking about with QD is defense against your completely bias blinded attacks against him. Your utter refusal to see anything good because it didn't fit your narrative. He made lots of mistakes and had plenty of issues of his own.... just not to the degree that you insisted on because you didn't want to be wrong... even though you were.

Personally, I don't think Shrout is seriously in the conversation unless JG and KC go down first.... probably McBride too. He may have a future. That future is not now. Most of what I've said about KC is that he represents Pruitt's lack of confidence in JG. Maybe JG is earning that confidence now. But KC started for a winner and has an excellent record as a starter against P5 competition. He didn't come in thinking he'd sit. Pruitt likely didn't promise the job but likely DID say that the job was GENUINELY OPEN... which is not what you do if you have confidence in your returning starter.

Worley was a prolific passer in HS. He was tough as nails and took more abuse than any UT QB I can remember. The most "adamant" support that can be offered for him... is the wish that he had played behind an OL that would have let him show his ability. He didn't run well and needed an OL that could provide a pocket. He never had that... so no honest person can ever say that we "know" how good he was or wasn't. Where you and a few others got off on me is for saying that he showed the ability to put the ball into a smaller window than Dobbs. That... is simply true. He did it several times and often under great pressure.

Now... want to compare to JG? Let's see a little more. JG shows the arm for it. He shows the accuracy. Let's see if he can develop the skill. To me, JG at this point is like Bray in the right and wrong ways. Bray had brass. He had absolute confidence in his ability to throw a ball where he wanted at any time or place. He had a GREAT arm. His maturity got in the way. He was reputed to be lazy on the mental part of the game.

Those last two parts... JG can choose a different path than Bray. I hope he does.

I don’t think K-Town is overtly racist...like D4H, but his activism can be easily triggered. The Cuonzo Martin events is how I found out he was African-American...and his points were understandable but I didn’t agree with him. My primary issue with him is he has a preference for a player and can’t just own that. He tends to exaggerate or CONJURE these “experts” who become ALL the experts to support a narrative. And he thinks that a high school scouting report that he agrees with is the end all be all final book. No chance that scouting services got it wrong! Which is not how it works. Otherwise Mitch Mustain would be the All-Pro and Aaron Rodgers would be doing...whatever the hell Mitch Mustain is doing right now. Remove that personal failing from him and he’s a pretty decent guy to talk football with imo.
I won't question the Cuonzo circumstance, I don't even follow basketball. And I wouldn't be shocked if there were some posters that he was correct about.

But as far as fb, him screaming racism at the drop of a hat, is beyond ridiculous. Vol fans have argued about who should start at QB as long as I've been alive . And most often it was between 2 white QBs.
So just because nothing changed, now he bellows that half of our fans are racists.

I 1000% believe in equal treatment. Unfortunately, Ktown asking for all of VN to agree unanimously just because one quarterback is black, isn't equal. That's asking for special treatment, while simultaneously making one of the ugliest accusations that he can make.

Reactions: Pacer92 and sjt18
I'm the dirtiest white boy you can imagine and I love Al Wilson. Y'all need to understand we all bleed orange.

I won't question the Cuonzo circumstance, I don't even follow basketball. And I wouldn't be shocked if there were some posters that he was correct about.

But as far as fb, him screaming racism at the drop of a hat, is beyond ridiculous. Vol fans have argued about who should start at QB as long as I've been alive . And most often it was between 2 white QBs.
So just because nothing changed, now he bellows that half of our fans are racists.

I 1000% believe in equal treatment. Unfortunately, Ktown asking for all of VN to agree unanimously just because one quarterback is black, isn't equal. That's asking for special treatment, while simultaneously making one of the ugliest accusations that he can make.
Whether on this board or in my "real life".... I absolutely refuse to judge people based on the amount of melanin they are predisposed by their DNA to have. I don't believe in multiple races... just the single one descended from Adam and Noah. It is a STUPID artificial barrier that EVERYONE should reject. I don't even remember if I knew k-town king was black or not. But I am offended by introduction of race where it doesn't belong... and am sickened that it can ever be a legitimate part of any discussion. People are people- INDIVIDUALS who deserve to be judged by what they do, not by assumptions based on skin tone. Why can't we just judge individual people on character like MLK said?

PS- Does anyone here really know what JG's heritage is? Guarantano is an odd name for a black family.

Reactions: chargervol
Whether on this board or in my "real life".... I absolutely refuse to judge people based on the amount of melanin they are predisposed by their DNA to have. I don't believe in multiple races... just the single one descended from Adam and Noah. It is a STUPID artificial barrier that EVERYONE should reject. I don't even remember if I knew k-town king was black or not. But I am offended by introduction of race where it doesn't belong... and am sickened that it can ever be a legitimate part of any discussion. People are people. Why can't we just judge people on character like MLK said?

PS- Does anyone here really know what JG's heritage is? Guarantano is an odd name for a black family.
Lord knows we don't always see eye to eye but I have never once even entertained the idea of you being racist.

On a somewhat related but funnier note, the best ever was d4h. Read PART of a guys post saying he would trade Dobbs for a different QB.
Poor d4h played the race card before he finished reading.

The guy wanted to trade for DeShaun Watson.😂

Reactions: sjt18
Lord knows we don't always see eye to eye but I have never once even entertained the idea of you being racist.

On a somewhat related but funnier note, the best ever was d4h. Read PART of a guys post saying he would trade Dobbs for a different QB.
Poor d4h played the race card before he finished reading.

The guy wanted to trade for DeShaun Watson.😂
For the longest time I just thought D4H was some pimpled 15 year old from Dobbs' HS or something.

Reactions: chargervol
Just curious how would anyone know that you were Black on an anonymous board with made up names..... Unless you told them like you just did now?

I don't like people throwing the race card out there. Just saying.
He is good at that, which is why I have him on ignore.. Some people just aint worth it

Seems like JG is putting in some work and making adjustments (putting touch on the ball) that's very good to get information on. Looks like film is transitioning to the field for him.

Seems like KC needs to be more consistent. Can't be having balls hitting the ground.
I'm the best golf ball striker you ever seen on the practice range.

I'm the best golf ball striker you ever seen on the practice range.

That's fine. My post was continuity for another post I made regarding the QBs making the transition from the Film Room to the Practice Field.

So, it seemed that day that JG had been able to do that so I praised him. Every QB has an off day or an off start to practice every once in a while and maybe that's what happened to KC.

We don't know what the QBs did after that first 10mins of practice. However, have to give props where they are due. So I did.

VN Store

Back