Vols Practice Thread #6

JG may be the guy. He has the most physical talent. But Simonton almost seems to have an agenda in his reporting of the QB race. On days when everyone else says both did things well... he shades to JG.

And all of that is based on routes on air and the portions of practice they're allowed to see.

For some reason, we aren't getting as many hints about the closed portions as we did with Jones. I am most interested in who is running with the 1's.

Why do you seemingly have such an anti Jarrett Guarantano sentiment? It seems that any post you make is actively questioning his ability or the opinion of anyone that states he is doing well. We only have routes on air evaluations on any of the QBs, that is all they have to go on. Severe over and under throws are usually deadly in an actual game. They usually end up going the other way. Why can't this competition be allowed to play itself out. JG did not do horribly last year, team record aside, and KC has not proven anything the the TN system either.

Reactions: k-town_king
I haven't seen a black stripe on any of the helmets in these practice films. I haven't heard mention of a black stripe either.It appears to be a thing of the past maybe.
You are correct. The black stripe is gone along with all the other butch garbage

Reactions: Volatility
All I read is Callaway keep dropping balls . Get them hands together

I agree. Your are correct def needs to improve. I just think Calloway is one of those gamers. I remember reports about his route running etc etc. But when the lights come on he balls out.

I agree. Your are correct def needs to improve. I just think Calloway is one of those gamers. I remember reports about his route running etc etc. But when the lights come on he balls out.
Said on VQ that Brandon Johnson was dropsies too. Guess we need to recruit over him.

All I read is Callaway keep dropping balls . Get them hands together

All of them need to.
Including # 7.

He's been dropping them too.

And he's not even close to being as talented as # 1. So he needs to be more consistent than him.

With 4 quarterbacks throwing it makes it hard to get into any sort of rhythm as a wide receiver. Mix that in with only being in camp 6 days, and your gonna have some drops. Scrimmage situation with extended periods of time with the starting qb and #2 will be what we need to watch for. If we hear about drops in that situation, then I’ll start to get concerned. At this point in time though, there’s only so much media time available. So these guys reporting this stuff are going on extremely small sample sizes.
All of them need to.
Including # 7.

He's been dropping them too.

And he's not even close to being as talented as # 1. So he needs to be more consistent than him.

Reactions: Booker512
With 4 quarterbacks throwing it makes it hard to get into any sort of rhythm as a wide receiver. Mix that in with only being in camp 6 days, and your gonna have some drops. Scrimmage situation with extended periods of time with the starting qb and #2 will be what we need to watch for. If we hear about drops in that situation, then I’ll start to get concerned. At this point in time though, there’s only so much media time available. So these guys reporting this stuff are going on extremely small sample sizes.
I think you missed the point he was trying to get across.

Reactions: LaagerVol
We are all aware of that
I think k-town king is a D4H alter ego.

What he didn’t admit is that he thought JG would be the starter last year too.

Signs seem to be pointing JGs way this year. Last year they didn’t but k-town king remained in denial. He then trashed QD because he didn’t want to admit he was wrong. Since he’s blamed the rest of the team for JGs problems.

I hope JG is great. But k-town’s obsession makes it hard not to criticize JG

Reactions: tumscalcium

Signs seem to be pointing JGs way this year. Last year they didn’t but k-town king remained in denial. He then trashed QD because he didn’t want to admit he was wrong. Since he’s blamed the rest of the team for JGs problems.

I try to Reserve by criticism for the messenger rather than the topic of such bias. I think King was enamored by the Brent Hubbs wannabes description of Guarantano's as being a dual-threat quarterback. The only real demonstration of him being a runner on video was a game against IMG where he Uncorked a long run through a hole that you could have driven a coal barge. His stats for running were really horrendous the rest of his high school career.

The obsessive poster would be you. You want to Question anything good that is said. You continually question his metal abilities even when he has shown more football smarts than the others.

Wtf are you talking about with this D4H stuff? He doesn't even like JG. It's very offensive to have people say that solely due to the fact we are probably the two most visible posters that a lot of members know are black. We literally don't agree on anything on here but our support for Dobbs who isn't even on the team.

I guess you are Jason18's or VolNMiam's alter since y'all hate JG.

I did think he would start. After gaining some experience he did. He took the job and then performed much, much, much better in the role. I was right. If Jones wasn't a nepotistic idiot he would have started from the jump and we would have won another game or two.

You are in denial. You still can't admit Dobbs is a better passer than Worley and QD. 🤣😂😭

Don't act like you are on JG because of me. You did the same thing to Dobbs. Always looking for a replacement and never giving the respect they deserve. Smh. 🙄

I try to Reserve by criticism for the messenger rather than the topic of such bias. I think King was enamored by the Brent Hubbs wannabes description of Guarantano's as being a dual-threat quarterback. The only real demonstration of him being a runner on video was a game against IMG where he Uncorked a long run through a hole that you could have driven a coal barge. His stats for running were really horrendous the rest of his high school career.

His supposed dt ability was never my reason for supporting him. It's his NFL arm and his potential. All of my post last summer pointed to his superior passing ability. 👍

The obsessive poster would be you. You want to Question anything good that is said. You continually question his metal abilities even when he has shown more football smarts than the others.

Wtf are you talking about with this D4H stuff? He doesn't even like JG. It's very offensive to have people say that solely due to the fact we are probably the two most visible posters that a lot of members know are black. We literally don't agree on anything on here but our support for Dobbs who isn't even on the team.

I guess you are Jason18's or VolNMiam's alter since y'all hate JG.

I did think he would start. After gaining some experience he did. He took the job and then performed much, much, much better in the role. I was right. If Jones wasn't a nepotistic idiot he would have started from the jump and we would have won another game or two.

You are in denial. You still can't admit Dobbs is a better passer than Worley and QD. 🤣😂😭

Don't act like you are on JG because of me. You did the same thing to Dobbs. Always looking for a replacement and never giving the respect they deserve. Smh. 🙄

His supposed dt ability was never my reason for supporting him. It's his NFL arm and his potential. All of my post last summer pointed to his superior passing ability. 👍
On Dobbs, I did notice an a parent blindness as far as most of the vol fanbase. The Narrative that was prevalent was that Dobbs could not throw the long ball. I always thought he threw a beautiful long ball that for some reason Josh Smith just couldn't catch it. Smith even admitted that a large part of Dobbs failure in his freshman year was all the drops that Smith had. The one big deficiency that I saw in Dobbs game is that he had an inability to throw the short pass. And I'm talking about the kind of pass that I as a 62 year old man who never had anything resembling athletic ability could complete 99% of the time. My own analysis was that he was too obsessed with putting a tight spiral on the ball and therefore never was able to just simply tossed the ball in a normal fashion. I saw a video of Peyton one time when he was discussing a kid wanting to put a spiral on the ball as he threw it. Peyton's quote was"in my life I've probably thrown 600 wobbly touchdowns. I don't think Dobbs was ever able to get over the idea of having a perfectly thrown ball always.

Just curious how would anyone know that you were Black on an anonymous board with made up names..... Unless you told them like you just did now?

I don't like people throwing the race card out there. Just saying.

I swear I think the reason JG was prone to holding onto the ball when everything was collapsing around him was due to either instruction from Butch or some innate desire to be more like Dobbs who could turn a busted play into a touchdown with his elusiveness. Let go of that dream, very few Dobbs out there. Just make the throws you can make and play the odds otherwise. Don't take a loss trying to be something you are not. I think he will be markedly better this season.

Just curious how would anyone know that you were Black on an anonymous board with made up names..... Unless you told them like you just did now?

I don't like people throwing the race card out there. Just saying.
There is no such thing. Sorry to hurt your delicate sensibilities but the truth is the truth.

Instead of saying someone who actually makes the same points and supports the same players is an alter, they choose to always claim a poster who shares maybe 10% of the same opinions is an alter. Hmm, I wonder why that is?

People asked before, I answered. They asked the same of D4H when he came in and supported Dobbs strongly. They wanted a reason to discredit my support of Dobbs. He was just better. Some posters couldn't accept it and wanted to create a bs reason that some liked Dobbs over Worley. Some ignorant posters tried it again with the QD/KC vs JG competition.

Reactions: Volanta
There is no such thing. Sorry to hurt your delicate sensibilities but the truth is the truth.

Instead of saying someone who actually makes the same points and supports the same players is an alter, they choose to always claim a poster who shares maybe 10% of the same opinions is an alter. Hmm, I wonder why that is?

People asked before, I answered. They asked the same of D4H when he came in and supported Dobbs strongly. They wanted a reason to discredit my support of Dobbs. He was just better. Some posters couldn't accept it and wanted to create a bs reason that some liked Dobbs over Worley. Some ignorant posters tried it again with the QD/KC vs JG competition.
Quit thinking with your skin and start thinking with your brain. People assume you’re both the same because you act exactly the same. You both make outlandish claims and ignore all the inconvenient facts.

Quit thinking with your skin and start thinking with your brain. People assume you’re both the same because you act exactly the same. You both make outlandish claims and ignore all the inconvenient facts.
You are one of the worst offenders. Like they say "a hit dog will holler." Not surprised you felt the need to chime in. Its funny that there are a ton of posters that say the same things as each other, yet no one accuses them of being alters.

We literally say nothing alike except both supporting Dobbs.

We have literally none of the same sports opinions except that.

I like JG, he thinks he is trash.
I hate Josh Allen's game and like Baker Mayfield he is the opposite.
I don't like LeBron, I think he is a fan.
I think Derek Barnett will be great. He doesn't.
I like Joey Bosa. Hr thinks he is a bust.

Plenty more of those. But sure, the exact same opinions. lmao.

This is ridiculous man. The only way someone on an anonymous board would know you were Black is if you said something. Also, it's not my delicate sensibilities, you are the one that brought it up which is dumb in the first place.

You ever think that you were compared to D4H because you both adamently go for someone?

Reactions: Volanta

VN Store

Back