Vols Practice Thread #6

Seems like JG is putting in some work and making adjustments (putting touch on the ball) that's very good to get information on. Looks like film is transitioning to the field for him.

Seems like KC needs to be more consistent. Can't be having balls hitting the ground.

Ja'Quain Blakely
DkMmya1X0AAPwmq.jpg:large
He's got the Bushay look..
3580450.gif

JG may be the guy. He has the most physical talent. But Simonton almost seems to have an agenda in his reporting of the QB race. On days when everyone else says both did things well... he shades to JG.

And all of that is based on routes on air and the portions of practice they're allowed to see.

For some reason, we aren't getting as many hints about the closed portions as we did with Jones. I am most interested in who is running with the 1's.

From everything that I have read on TOS, JG has been taking most (if not all) of the snaps from the first day of fall practice.

At this point, JG is clearly the starter with KC the backup.

Watch our running game with WVU become one of take it behind Smith for 5 yards a carry by any Vol toting the rock. The big fella will be hella mean wanting action by the time that first game kicks off. I would NOT want to be an opposing DL against him that day. Trey's side of our OL should be money all day. Will that be enough o win? Time will tell.

Reactions: RavinDave
JG showed good leadership last year through a lot of adversity (outside of the GT game which was a good learning experience). It appears he has been grinding off season with team. I hope he can string together more good practices and take control of this team.

I want the best QB to play but I'm rooting for JG. I hope the only value that Chryst has to add is heating up the QB competition thought the first half of camp.

I think we are seeing a lot of our players reaching their full potential. It’s increasingly clear that our boys just weren’t coached. Period.

It’s looking more and more like JG will be our man this year.

Let’s see what he can do with some real coaching behind him

VIDEO CLIPS

RTI

RTI

Beacon

RTI

VIDEOS

NOTES

-Jesse Simonton

-Patrick Brown

-Nathanael Rutherford

-Patrick Brown

PHOTOS

Ja'Quain Blakely
DkMmya1X0AAPwmq.jpg:large

I like the return of the neck roll

I think we are seeing a lot of our players reaching their full potential. It’s increasingly clear that our boys just weren’t coached. Period.

I'm starting to have that same feeling with the whole team, and I'm actually trying to harness my excitement n enthusiasm but I'm thinking this team may actually suprise a bunch of people this year. I'm thinking this staff is getting these kids to play to a level no one has seen em play before and live up to the rankings they carried outta high school.

I'm starting to have that same feeling with the whole team, and I'm actually trying to harness my excitement n enthusiasm but I'm thinking this team may actually suprise a bunch of people this year. I'm thinking this staff is getting these kids to play to a level no one has seen em play before and live up to the rankings they carried outta high school.

My dad and I have that same feeling. We keep trying to temper our excitement because we’ve been let down so often but this just feels different. Our boys look bigger, better and hungrier this time.

Reactions: TennesseeTarheel
From everything that I have read on TOS, JG has been taking most (if not all) of the snaps from the first day of fall practice.

At this point, JG is clearly the starter with KC the backup.
Thanks for the info. That IMO is the best predictor of who the starter is or who is ahead.

Reactions: orange parmejohn
7-12<10-10. If it’s just throwing against air then why’s kc putting them in the dirt. I’m not here to advocate for jg but the reports are all that we can go on and that’s just not good enough for you huh? I wonder if you’d believe the reports if it was the other way around

Dormady was 10/10 in the spring game last year.

Yea, but can they block and tackle. Certainly, couldn’t do either with any consistency last season. That’s the difference in winning football and losing imo.

Full potential? You ain't gonna know if our guys have been Klingonized until they're playing something other than air and their own teammates. wo' batlhvaD Volunteers!

Reactions: LibertyVolance

VN Store

Back