Coach Warlick

That's old news and I believe it is structured in a way that allows for easier termination with lower buyout costs...but the extension means that she can still recruit competitively because recruits won't sign up to a team when a coach only has one year left on a contract.

Essentially she is coaching for her job this fall and that is the way the extension is structured. No massive lyle buyouts here.

That's old news and I believe it is structured in a way that allows for easier termination with lower buyout costs...but the extension means that she can still recruit competitively because recruits won't sign up to a team when a coach only has one year left on a contract.

Essentially she is coaching for her job this fall and that is the way the extension is structured. No massive lyle buyouts here.
Thanks for the info;)

Reactions: HuntlandVolinColo

Not old news! Done yesterday with details to be announced soon. I hope it's not for long since we need a change.

one of the quotes cited recently by Auriemma said. “The internet is the worst thing that has ever been invented for people who have ... the least amount of information and the most to say.” and he was no doubt only writing about the bone-yard.;)

We need to give her at least one more year. Mercedes Russell and Jaime Nared as much as I love them must have been overrated just by look at there WNBA playing time this year. I love the Lady Vol's and only hope the best. I hope this is a big breakout year for Holly and the team.

They’re not getting WNBA playing time because Holly couldn’t develop them in college. Look at all the 5-star players we’ve had that can’t make or barely make WNBA rosters. You think we recruit a bunch of highly-rated players and it just happens that they all suck? No. It doesn’t work like that.

We need to give her at least one more year. Mercedes Russell and Jaime Nared as much as I love them must have been overrated just by look at there WNBA playing time this year. I love the Lady Vol's and only hope the best. I hope this is a big breakout year for Holly and the team.

I think you are correct about the overrating. Both players were good but they both were inconsistent and lacked the heart and desire to win each night out. As young women they were great and wish them all the best, but neither was aggressive enough to carry a team.

I think you are correct about the overrating. Both players were good but they both were inconsistent and lacked the heart and desire to win each night out. As young women they were great and wish them all the best, but neither was aggressive enough to carry a team.
a good coach can make a tiger out of a kitten

If they were overrated, so were Bashaara Graves, Ariel Massengale, Diamond Deshields and Cierra Burdick. None of those players came close to reaching their potential at Tennessee and all were top 5 recruits coming out of high school. Look at how other top 5 kids from their class panned out...did they improve over their careers? For the most part, yes. Russell and Nared weren't overrated, they just weren't developed due to poor coaching.

This year has to be make or break for Holly. For the first time she doesn't have a roster littered with top 10 recruits and will have challenges in front of her, namely developing unproven court players and working with a young and inexperienced roster. If she can't get this squad to a Sweet 16 or top 4 seed next year, I hope the administration finally gets rid of her.

If they were overrated, so were Bashaara Graves, Ariel Massengale, Diamond Deshields and Cierra Burdick. None of those players came close to reaching their potential at Tennessee and all were top 5 recruits coming out of high school. Look at how other top 5 kids from their class panned out...did they improve over their careers? For the most part, yes. Russell and Nared weren't overrated, they just weren't developed due to poor coaching.

This year has to be make or break for Holly. For the first time she doesn't have a roster littered with top 10 recruits and will have challenges in front of her, namely developing unproven court players and working with a young and inexperienced roster. If she can't get this squad to a Sweet 16 or top 4 seed next year, I hope the administration finally gets rid of her.

Everyone needs to understand that the vast majority of 4 and 5 star rated high school recruits are going to be average COLLEGE basketball players.

Last edited:
Sources: Lady Vols coach Holly Warlick has signed a contract extension. Should be announced soon. Don't have details yet.

NOOOOOOO!!!! Why is Fulmer so loyal to her???? Her contract should end, when this recruiting class graduates. If she can't be successful with this recruiting class, then she just flat out can't coach.

"Not sure why an inferior team beat us. I thought we had a good week of practice. At this point, I just don't have any answers."
During her watch, she allowed USC to be the best team in the S.E.C. and USC beat UConvict. We haven't beaten them in quiet a while. USC has a national championship.

VN Store

Back