Coach Warlick

I don't hate Holly. I don't think she is a bad coach. I think she is probably a good coach. In other words, on a par with at least a hundred other women's coaches getting paid for it at the collegiate level. That's not going to get the Lady Vols back to the final four. That takes a great coach.

Well, say the right point. Either she's a good coach or she's not. Someone with a high profile program that was already left with star players, and still maintained high recruits, what else does she need? If she had not been recruiting well then we would've use that as an excuse but she has no excuse at all.

Seems obvious to me that the university is showing their appreciation for a lifetime devoted to Knoxville and Tennessee by extending her contract to when she reaches retirement age so she can simply retire at the end of her contract -- unless the program makes a miraculous return to elite status.

I imagine the university retirement package is much better if taken at 62 or older than it is at 60.

P.S. I predict Holly will retire from coaching altogether if she can make it to the age that retiring from the U.T. system will provide a secure financial future. I absolutely cannot see her moving away from U.T. and the Knoxville area and trying to pretend to put her heart into coaching at any another university, community college or high school.

This is Holly's first and last head coaching job. Let's just hope she's busy figuring out how to do the job well and can go out strong.

VN Store

Back