Changing The Narrative

This is something every man needs to know and live by, including myself. I've personally witnessed my father mistreat my mother when I was a child and I told myself I would never be like that.

Great stuff, thanks for sharing!

I'm glad Pruitt is taking this initiative.

Reactions: bpalmer28
I'm 100% in favor of what Pruitt and this lady seek to put into young men's, yea, all men's heads. Has been long overdue for centuries. What I want in addition is for the teaching to go both ways. Women have their share of manipulative, even conniving ways of mistreating men and it is frequently and intentionally overlooked, ignored, and denied despite the evidence and so on. I'll be the first to acknowledge primary focus does indeed need to be on male behavior and attitudes. If you have a micro-dot of honesty in you, you can't deny the derogatory, mean-spirited, violent, and gross attitudes and conduct of males toward females. But again, the teaching of how to treat the opposite sex needs to be done both ways. However much the one-sided proponents insist on it, the issue isn't one way. A great deal of the female side doesn't get reported and/or is glossed over to put the male in the worst possible light. Teach this both ways. Abuse claims questioned after video shows woman hitting herself

I don't agree that it's not feminism. I think it's more of a stealth campaign. An illusion of purpose. Her purpose really is to talk about women because she was in a domestic abuse case before, but to make sure she brings up a few words like "kings" to get them on board, make them think that she's really concerned about them, when she's really just concerned about how they treat and view women. I was raised to respect women, but when I grew up I saw the reality of it. That men that treat women with respect get stepped all over. I have lots of experience with this, because I was that guy. The girl that abused me got mad at me over me not giving her enough money...only one with a job. She pinned me up against a wall and was slapping and punching me in the face. And when we later broke up, she told my friends that she was only with me because I had a car and some money. That how "kings" get treated. Feel free to disagree, but I think she should stick to broadcasting. If it's so important that both sexes be treated equally, then they would address both women and men...not just men.

Sorry to hear that. Obviously, there are bad people in this world and the lesson should go both ways. Although, I do disagree about your stealth agenda argument. I'm sure in her actual lecture, she probably did speak in regards to mutual respect. I agree that it should be addressed both ways.

Reactions: FBtime
Just exercise common sense and common courtesy in every facet of life and you'll be OK.
If you need a lecture to learn that, then your parents did a poor job.
We live in a world where parents can legally kill a baby if they don’t want to raise it. Parenting is not glamorous, and many don’t choose to be involved in the life of their child. Classes like this are absolutely necessary.

Now I just wish someone would teach women how to treat men. They need a little help themselves. I almost lost my left eyeball from domestic abuse. The worst thing is, most people think it's funny or something when a man is abused.

Sorry for what happened to you and while I know spousal abuse happens towards men it is incredibly rare. This speech addresses an epidemic on college campuses right now. With more and more millennials going to college, rapes and sexual assaults on college campuses are way up. This is the generation that is much more self entitled and does not like to be told no.

I don't agree that it's not feminism. I think it's more of a stealth campaign. An illusion of purpose. Her purpose really is to talk about women because she was in a domestic abuse case before, but to make sure she brings up a few words like "kings" to get them on board, make them think that she's really concerned about them, when she's really just concerned about how they treat and view women. I was raised to respect women, but when I grew up I saw the reality of it. That men that treat women with respect get stepped all over. I have lots of experience with this, because I was that guy. The girl that abused me got mad at me over me not giving her enough money...only one with a job. She pinned me up against a wall and was slapping and punching me in the face. And when we later broke up, she told my friends that she was only with me because I had a car and some money. That how "kings" get treated. Feel free to disagree, but I think she should stick to broadcasting. If it's so important that both sexes be treated equally, then they would address both women and men...not just men.
Sounds like you should consider therapy and a lesson on female selection. Can’t let one crazy woman distort your mind bro.

I vehemently disagree with this sizzling hot take. Sorry the abuse happened to you, but "...men that treat women with respect get stepped all over..." is simply not even 1% true. GBO.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
I think you misinterpreted what I meant. I was raised in a small town in the South. I was raised to treat everyone the same way to include women. I was raised to say, yes sir and no sir, yes ma'am and no ma'am no matter the age of the person I was talking to.

I was just stating it is sad that you have to teach this to kids today and that they don't get it growing up. I contribute a lot of that to the pop culture of today where sexual things are the norm.

I am glad we are teaching our players this and that Coach Pruitt and Staff are supporting it.

I don't understand how this hot take is so popular among people. Are you saying that Domestic Violence occurred less during your youth than it does now because you were raised to say yes maam and you didnt have sexual things in pop culture (which is not true, sex has always sold and been prevalent in pop culture.)

I think your message undercuts what this woman and her group are trying to do. Honestly it just sounds like what I'd hear my 68 year old uncle talking about on Facebook while sharing a meme about how libruls are ruining the country. GBO.

Reactions: Darth_Shiveman
If you want to see a thread on how women should behave you should be following one of the women's sports. Football forums usually are heavy laden with info relevant to the male of the species. Just because women can be aggressive doesn't change the fact that other women have been getting their eyes swelled shut for decades. Education is the answer to most problems in my opinion and I'm glad the football players are getting it.
"But they did it too" never saved me from answering for my mistakes when I was a kid and I don't accept it as an excuse now that I'm an adult.

If this isn't part of every school's program, it should be. Although, I have a feeling it wasn't born out of pure chivalry.

Just exercise common sense and common courtesy in every facet of life and you'll be OK.
If you need a lecture to learn that, then your parents did a poor job.
This concept is something that we as older people take for granted. You treat women as women.....with respect. I was taught to open doors, say yes ma'am and no ma'am, thank you, etc. That is now gone. Most of the kids that get into trouble didn't have parents that taught, some, no parents at all. Many no father figure or one that was a good example. Society as a whole has failed these young men. The feminist (for lack of a better term) movement has gone a long way to furthering the issue. Self sufficient women that don't need a man to raise a child, have their own careers, don't need a man's help, free to have sex with anyone they want, free to put on what previously were considered masculine airs. Society does everything to tell these young men that women are just like them. Party hard, screw everything, wake up in the morning and do it again.......right up until someone gets embarrassed and cries foul.

Millennials laugh about us old farts talking about how things were. Well, one of the good parts of how things were was that we didn't have an epidemic of drunken group sex and morning after allegations.

Reactions: tbh and savannahfan
I dont think it's sad. It is better than nobody speaking out at all like back then. You'd be surprised how rough it actually was back then. It just wasnt as publicized like it is now. This is progress in my eyes.
When was back then exactly?

Yeah because women were never abused or treated poorly 20-50 years ago :rolleyes:
It was a different type of situation then. There was abuse, rape, violent rape, date rape. However, the date rape was not as prevalent. There were girls that would and girls that wouldn't in the town I grew up in. There were young ladies and girls that you would now call sluts. Everyone knew the difference and who was who. However, that was back in the stone age when teen pregnancy was all the rage either.

This concept is something that we as older people take for granted. You treat women as women.....with respect. I was taught to open doors, say yes ma'am and no ma'am, thank you, etc. That is now gone. Most of the kids that get into trouble didn't have parents that taught, some, no parents at all. Many no father figure or one that was a good example. Society as a whole has failed these young men. The feminist (for lack of a better term) movement has gone a long way to furthering the issue. Self sufficient women that don't need a man to raise a child, have their own careers, don't need a man's help, free to have sex with anyone they want, free to put on what previously were considered masculine airs. Society does everything to tell these young men that women are just like them. Party hard, screw everything, wake up in the morning and do it again.......right up until someone gets embarrassed and cries foul.

Millennials laugh about us old farts talking about how things were. Well, one of the good parts of how things were was that we didn't have an epidemic of drunken group sex and morning after allegations.
Nah just shotgun weddings and divorces in your 40s after your judgmental aunts and uncles all passed away

Reactions: InstrumentalVol
When was back then exactly?
I dont have an exact date to give you. Back when woman weren't seen as equal to man, when it was mostly men who brought home the bacon and the wives were more traditional. "Back then" woman had less of a platform to speak because the man spoke for them. I mean, if you want me to do a whole cultural evolution research paper, I will.

Lol if you are teaching this to these guys why would you wear spandex pants.... I'm just saying.....

Anyways, it's a good class for them to have but kind of ridiculous that you have to teach kids this nowadays.....
What the hell is this supposed to mean? She can wear whatever she wants, no?

Thank you. I logged in to say this. The fact that someone who says its ridiculous to have to teach this turns around and criticizes the woman for what she chose to wear is ironic. Women are not going to feel like they belong if they can't wear spandex pants around a group of men without feeling vulnerable in some way.

Thank you. I logged in to say this. The fact that someone who says its ridiculous to have to teach this turns around and criticizes the woman for what she chose to wear is ironic. Women are not going to feel like they belong if they can't wear spandex pants around a group of men without feeling vulnerable in some way.

It's not professional in my opinion but alright then.

I'm all for it as long as it's free. Which it never is. I don't like the idea of creating an industry of sensitivity trainers, but in this day and age it's par for the course. Whatever keeps us out of trouble.

She CAN wear whatever she wants but dont be surprised if the attention is all on her instead of what she is trying to teach.. I think that is what he is saying

So, if you listen to her interviews and hear what she is really teaching, and talking to these kids about, it is not just how to treat women. Which seems to me that is a point that some people are stuck on and seem to think that it's common sense and shouldn't be addressed, and that is kinda crazy as you don't know what kind of environment these young men have been brought up in and what is normal to them. She is talking to these young men about their own self worth outside of football, and the mental health aspect of being an athlete and being more than just football. She's talking to them about becoming a productive member of society and that they are meant for more than football, which is crazy to need to tell a kid but she has stories of athletes coming up in tears thanking her for telling them that because they have never been told that before. She said that after she got done talking to the team at Tennessee that a player came up to her and said that he had been dealing with some stuff and was thinking about committing suicide on his birthday this year. If her talking to our team stopped a player that we cheer for from killing himself than how can you belittle what she's doing. Keeping one kid from doing something like that makes every talk that she's had worth it.

I dont have an exact date to give you. Back when woman weren't seen as equal to man, when it was mostly men who brought home the bacon and the wives were more traditional. "Back then" woman had less of a platform to speak because the man spoke for them. I mean, if you want me to do a whole cultural evolution research paper, I will.
So you are saying back then that the "Ho" culture was prevalent, girls went to parties to get drunk and hook up as just like the guys, screw 2 or 3 guys in a night, acting like a slut was a way of life? I don't think you actually know what "back then" was like. Not saying there wasn't spousal/domestic abuse. What I am talking about is the situation that produced the 3 and a half year long AJ Johnson saga. Back then, that **** just really didn't happen.

VN Store

Back