UFC Thread

IIRC Pride had Super HW, but also had open weight as well. I remember some pretty big size differences in fights.

One last thing, then I'll shut up about Fedor. He f-ing beat Nogs decisively in his prime on the ground. He f-ing beat Crocop decisively in his prime, point fighting on their feet. Fedor was an animal.

Reactions: 1 person
One last thing, then I'll shut up about Fedor. He f-ing beat Nogs decisively in his prime on the ground. He f-ing beat Crocop decisively in his prime, point fighting on their feet. Fedor was an animal.

Lol yes he was. I'm just glad someone appreciates him as much as I do.

One other thing about Fedor (and the same thing could be said for DC) is that they are tweeners. They belong in a 235 lb weight class. They've both dominated opponents 50+ lbs heavier than them (I don't think there was even a weight cap in Pride, was there?).

PRIDE did have more weight classes in its last year, when they were trying to get sanctioned by the NSAC. I think the HW didn’t have a weight cap. Because Waterman, Sapp, Thompson were way over 300 pounds gassed to the gills. I think Fedor was awesome in his prime, beat Nog several times, beat Cro Cop, beat both Coleman and Randleman when they were “enhancing.” I really missed the show of PRIDE. It was fun to watch the pageantry and some of the crazy matchups.

Not to mention kicks to the head on a downed opponent

There is a case to be made that elbows cutting an opponent regularly could shorten a fighter career than the head kicks. But there is also the Arona vs Sakuraba fight that Arona scrabbled Saku’s Brain with knee strikes in North/South.

Knees to the top of the head always made me cringe the most, surprised someone didn't get their neck broken.

I can't see Arona's name without having a flashback to the greatest slam ever.

Knees to the top of the head always made me cringe the most, surprised someone didn't get their neck broken.

I can't see Arona's name without having a flashback to the greatest slam ever.

My buddy, who is a pro wrestler, thinks that match with Rampage was a work shoot. And that was the work finish.

My buddy, who is a pro wrestler, thinks that match with Rampage was a work shoot. And that was the work finish.

If it was it was the greatest bump ever taken, cause he slammed the **** out of him and drove through him. I thought Arona died. Lol

VN Store

Back