'15 AL OL Brandon Kennedy

Nah he ain't going to go thru that again since he was proven so foolish.

But seriously A few things about the contact rule that I am not sure about.

Has Alabama still not given permission to contact to us or Auburn?

I thought it was said they eventually did give that permission a few weeks back.

If they haven't then I understand why Kennedy hasn't announced where he wants to go since he has never been legally allowed to talk with us or Auburn.

You are something else and I'll leave it at that lol. I don't take back anything that I said because it was all true.

As I said before he was supposed to be able to contact and then Alabama said no. And have continued to say no as of now. Kid has been put on administrative lockdown by Alabama so ✌️✌️✌️ to you Bruin and 👆 yours.

Butcha

Did this turn out to be false?

I am confused in that I thought Bama granted the permission to contact during the week of the SEC meetings

He said that he gave him a release. He asked three times why it was on him...because it was a SEC rule. I don’t think you’re confused, you’re using the phrase like a lawyer would in a cross examination.

Reactions: 1 person
He said that he gave him a release. He asked three times why it was on him...because it was a SEC rule. I don’t think you’re confused, you’re using the phrase like a lawyer would in a cross examination.

I guess I am just slow because I didn't know if he just lied or there is another rule that is holding this up.

Lol. I guess neither of us know then.

I read one place where the rule in question is a school can't block a transfer and another place where they can't block contact. Maybe it's one in the same

SEC rule is already in effect. NCAA won’t be until October. If Saban holds onto the October date, then he lied at the SEC Meetings.

SEC rule is already in effect. NCAA won’t be until October. If Saban holds onto the October date, then he lied at the SEC Meetings.

Yea my question is what exactly is the rule we are waiting on to change in October?

Almost has to be the rule that schools can't block a transfer to certain schools. I can't see the NCAA dropping the permission to contact rule. That would be a mess

Last edited:
It wouldn't suprise me if we didn't hear anything then we get one of those bryce Thompson type articles that he is on the way to move in to campus

Yea my question is what exactly is the rule we are waiting on to change in October?

Almost has to be the rule that schools can't block a transfer to certain schools. I can't see the NCAA dropping the permission to contact rule. That would be a mess

Ok. Guess you answered your own question.

Found this in the Montgomery Advertiser this morning. Looks like things are on hold for Kennedy.

Still, despite the rule’s immediate effectiveness, it may not necessarily change things for Kennedy, who is still technically blocked by Alabama, at least until either Alabama rescinds its limitations or the NCAA transfer working group’s “notification to transfer” proposal goes into effect Oct. 15, should it pass in mid-June as expected.

Bump.

Saban is lying by omission saying he is not the problem. He could immediately grant Kennedy a release if he wanted. He is just using players and blocking them from their full potential.

The SEC rule change eliminated the "sit a year" requirement when transferring within the SEC. The NCAA rule change will eliminate a school's ability to block a grad transfer from transferring to certain schools. That won't help Brandon Kennedy, who needs to enroll at his new school this summer.

To answer Saban's question, "Why is it on me? Why is it on me? Why is it on me?": It's on him because on May 3, Alabama issued a letter officially blocking Kennedy from being contacted by, hence transferring to, any SEC school plus seven OOC schools that Alabama will play in the next two years.

Saban flat-out lied when he said he released Kennedy to transfer anywhere. He didn't and Kennedy can't, because Alabama has placed restrictions on his transfer under the NCAA bylaws currently in effect. So Kennedy appealed the restrictions under existing NCAA bylaws and Alabama denied his appeal. Bama has refused to remove the block and refused to comment further on the situation.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
The SEC rule change eliminated the "sit a year" requirement when transferring within the SEC. The NCAA rule change will eliminate a school's ability to block a grad transfer from transferring to certain schools. That won't help Brandon Kennedy, who needs to enroll at his new school this summer.

To answer Saban's question, "Why is on it me? Why is on it me? Why is it on me?": It's on him because on May 3, Alabama issued a letter officially blocking Kennedy from being contacted by, hence transferring to, any SEC school plus seven OOC schools that Alabama will play in the next two years.

Saban flat-out lied when he said he released Kennedy to transfer anywhere. He didn't and Kennedy can't, because Alabama has placed restrictions on his transfer under the NCAA bylaws currently in effect. So Kennedy appealed the restrictions under existing NCAA bylaws and Alabama denied his appeal. Bama has refused to remove the block and refused to comment further on the situation.

This is where we should be pushing this story hard for the media to report. We need to explicitly explain what is going on and get people upset. The pressure from the media and public is the only thing that will help change things.

Reactions: 2 people
Kennedy isn't talking. He won't take calls from the media or comment publicly about the situation. Since he hasn't formally announced that he wants to transfer to UT, UT can't really run point on this. So far, Bama hasn't been willing to rescind without outside pressure. It took vocal opposition from UGA's AD and Kirby Smart, the media and Maurice Smith's family to push that transfer through. This one isn't being handled that way.

Reactions: 2 people

To answer Saban's question, "Why is it on me? Why is it on me? Why is it on me?": It's on him because on May 3, Alabama issued a letter officially blocking Kennedy from being contacted by, hence transferring to, any SEC school plus seven OOC schools that Alabama will play in the next two years.

Ok and now this is making some sense

Let me add this that means Tenn hasn't been given permission to contact so thus we are stuck between a rock and hard place and can't take up the fight for him publically

Kennedy isn't talking. He won't take calls from the media or comment publicly about the situation. Since he hasn't formally announced that he wants to transfer to UT, UT can't really run point on this. So far, Bama hasn't been willing to rescind without outside pressure. It took vocal opposition from UGA's AD and Kirby Smart, the media and Maurice Smith's family to push that transfer through. This one isn't being handled that way.

Since he can't contact Tennessee the media has to be used as a telephone. He just has to tell them man I really would like to go to Tennessee and then Phil and Pruitt just have to be like "oh this is the first we have heard of this, would love it if Nick Saban wasn't be a jackass so he could continue his education here"

That won't help Brandon Kennedy, who needs to enroll at his new school this summer.

Why is summer the standard? Could he not enroll in the Fall semester? Just wondering, because I know some grad studies do not offer in the summer sessions.

Why is summer the standard? Could he not enroll in the Fall semester? Just wondering, because I know some grad studies do not offer in the summer sessions.

I don't think any programs start October 15th when the rule is changed. Also you want him with your program asap learning the offense and becoming part of the team.

I don't think any programs start October 15th when the rule is changed. Also you want him with your program asap learning the offense and becoming part of the team.

I understand that, but him not being here by the end of summer sessions "should not" preclude him from enrolling in the fall and being on the team.

As i understand it, he still has 2 years of eligibility left.

Assuming he gets the release for amaB (I can't type is correctly for some reason. :eek:hmy: )

Last edited:

Of course it’s not being handled that way, because we are Tennessee. Time to stop playing Mr. nice guy.

I kind of wish Pruitt was more like Kirbs in this respect..Smart don't give a ish about respecting Saban or Alabama.

I have a suspicion that Pruitt still does.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back