'19 CA LB Henry To'oto'o (Tennessee Signee)

We pull very few from Cal... Longshot

I believe all here are very well aware of that. Doesn’t have to have you drop in and add that to every west coast kid. And we want to compete with the big dogs but we think it’s silly to go after the big dogs based on location. That’s what doesn’t make sense.

Reactions: 1 person
I believe all here are very well aware of that. Doesn’t have to have you drop in and add that to every west coast kid. And we want to compete with the big dogs but we think it’s silly to go after the big dogs based on location. That’s what doesn’t make sense.

95% plus of all the roster for the past 30 years has come from the SE ... the point is unlikely

Dude... really?

Don't be so dense. It's not hard to see what he's saying.

Also I think there is a better chance than you are giving us here. It seems like there is some genuine interest and a connection to the staff. If he makes it out here he will also see how bad he is needed.

Reactions: 4 people
giphy.gif

Reactions: 6 people
You can say that again.

And this isn’t a long shot. Fam situation here where they want the kid out of west coast. More to come...

This is great news AV. Totally believable, and this is such a huge angle for us to play. De La Salle is a fantastic school with a big emphasis on academics, but Concord is not a safe place to be at all. The East Bay is an interesting place as you have these incredibly wealthy communities like Walnut Creek, Danville, Orinda, or Piedmont, and then you have places like Concord, Hayward, or Vallejo which are crime ridden places with major violent crime and gang problems. Public transportation in the East Bay is taking a literal gamble with your safety. Totally undertandable wanting to get out from an environment like that.

I'm not sure which city Henry is from, but when we get him on campus, we can show him and his family a completely different lifestyle that is unlike anything you'll see in the Bay Area. There's a huge reason why Tennesse, and the Southeast in general, is is experiencing net population growth due to people relocating here. And conversely, California is the state that is losing more people than any other state

When Henry and his family are in town, we show them best Knoxville has to offer, along with the academics of UT, we have as compelling of a case to commit as anyone else who's recruiting this young man. Of course we can offer immediate playing time too :)

Reactions: 12 people
You can say that again.

And this isn’t a long shot. Fam situation here where they want the kid out of west coast. More to come...

I'll go get that bag of popcorn popped that's been sitting in the break room for 9 months.

This is great news AV. Totally believable, and this is such a huge angle for us to play. De La Salle is a fantastic school with a big emphasis on academics, but Concord is not a safe place to be at all. The East Bay is an interesting place as you have these incredibly wealthy communities like Walnut Creek, Danville, Orinda, or Piedmont, and then you have places like Concord, Hayward, or Vallejo which are crime ridden places with major violent crime and gang problems. Public transportation in the East Bay is taking a literal gamble with your safety. Totally undertandable wanting to get out from an environment like that.

I'm not sure which city Henry is from, but when we get him on campus, we can show him and his family a completely different lifestyle that is unlike anything you'll see in the Bay Area. There's a huge reason why Tennesse, and the Southeast in general, is is experiencing net population growth due to people relocating here. And conversely, California is the state that is losing more people than any other state

When Henry and his family are in town, we show them best Knoxville has to offer, along with the academics of UT, we have as compelling of a case to commit as anyone else who's recruiting this young man. Of course we can offer immediate playing time too :)

This makes a ton of sense. Who better to sell Tennessee that some guy who went to your high school, played your position and went to UT and got drafted?

Is there a chance he commits on the visit?

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back