No Longer a Joke: Killings at Waffle House

You certainly are, scooter

I am certainly not, sparky. You guys seem to have an incredible need to latch onto the "blaming the gun" narrative. No one is blaming the gun. They are blaming the availability and use of the gun. Why is it so hard for you guys to see the difference?

Reactions: 4 people
I agree....if more of the people in Waffle House had been carrying, less people would be dead. But, hopefully the evil idiot that started the shooting would have been the first to go.

Agree, every state should permit open carry of hand guns and more stringent bg checks for the purchase of assault rifles. It's unusual there were no cops in the WH. they're usually there on the weekends waiting for the drunks to leave.

I am certainly not, sparky. You guys seem to have an incredible need to latch onto the "blaming the gun" narrative. No one is blaming the gun. They are blaming the availability and use of the gun. Why is it so hard for you guys to see the difference?

Just FYI, I have exclusive rights for use of the name "sparky" around these parts.

Do be mindful and refrain from copyright violations.

Reactions: 1 person
Y'all still arguing with Luther over guns. He's a communist. Of course he wants your guns. It's a waste of time.

Just FYI, I have exclusive rights for use of the name "sparky" around these parts.

Do be mindful and refrain from copyright violations.

I should have credited you. (I almost did.)

Imitation is the highest form of flattery.

Take that gun and they pick another gun. Or just pick the same gun again anyway if they want. Take the second gun and they still pick one of those two guns.

The focus is still the gun, not the individual. It’s freaking obvious. And it penalizes law abiding citizens with measures criminals will ignore on a whim.

Yes you are blaming the gun

Interesting twist in the talking points apparently you are being issued now though. “we’re not blaming the gun, we’re blaming the availability of the gun. This is obviously totally different.” 🙄

I agree....if more of the people in Waffle House had been carrying, less people would be dead. But, hopefully the evil idiot that started the shooting would have been the first to go.

Didn't Waffle House make their places gun free zones?

Thought I remember a Waffle House attacker being shot by a customer 2-3 years back. I never knew about their gun free position till they released a statement saying their no gun policy would remain in effect.

Y'all still arguing with Luther over guns. He's a communist. Of course he wants your guns. It's a waste of time.

Not really arguing. Just bored on a Sunday morning and calling him out on his usual ignorant dumbassery.

There is no discussion or debate. Just pointed accusations. 😬

Imitation is the highest form of flattery.

Good, go support a US based company like Bravo Company, buy a Jack Carbine and a hundred high cap mags. Then wander over to Wilson Combat, pick up a couple of American designed and manufactured 1911s and an EDC X-9 along with the high cap mags for that. Then visit Knights Armament and grab an SR-25 E2 along with even more high cap mags.

Then we can talk about your "imitation."

Take that gun and they pick another gun. Or just pick the same gun again anyway if they want. Take the second gun and they still pick one of those two guns.

The focus is still the gun, not the individual. It’s freaking obvious. And it penalizes law abiding citizens with measures criminals will ignore on a whim.

Yes you are blaming the gun

Interesting twist in the talking points apparently you are being issued now though. “we’re not blaming the gun, we’re blaming the availability of the gun. This is obviously totally different.” 🙄

That's like saying a 21 year old drinking age only penalizes the law abiding citizens.

A 45 mph speed limit only penalizes the law abiding citizens.

Laws enforcing the payment of taxes only penalize the law abiding citizens.

The fact that criminals break laws and law abiding citizens follow laws has never been a reason to not have laws.

Reactions: 5 people
That's like saying a 21 year old drinking age only penalizes the law abiding citizens.

The fact that criminals break laws and law abiding citizens follow laws has never been a reason to not have laws.

Plus: I come up with my own talking points.

That's like saying a 21 year old drinking age only penalizes the law abiding citizens.nobody is lobbying to remove any type of alcohol though

A 45 mph speed limit only penalizes the law abiding citizens.yet if I chose to do so I can legally still buy a 700+hp car with no further restrictions than apply to a 75 hp car

Laws enforcing the payment of taxes only penalize the law abiding citizens.great! Let’s do away with the IRS! I’m on board!

The fact that criminals break laws and law abiding citizens follow laws has never been a reason to not have laws.this statement doesn’t even support your argument/agenda of using laws to limit access to items by law abiding citizens instead of just using laws to impose penalties on those who break them.

And your talking points suck.

Reactions: 6 people
Didn't Waffle House make their places gun free zones?

Thought I remember a Waffle House attacker being shot by a customer 2-3 years back. I never knew about their gun free position till they released a statement saying their no gun policy would remain in effect.

Yep.... don't you just love the way gun laws and and anti gun policies work.

Plenty of laws already on the books there Skippy

Good, go support a US based company like Bravo Company, buy a Jack Carbine and a hundred high cap mags. Then wander over to Wilson Combat, pick up a couple of American designed and manufactured 1911s and an EDC X-9 along with the high cap mags for that. Then visit Knights Armament and grab an SR-25 E2 along with even more high cap mags.

Then we can talk about your "imitation."

I think I'll take a pass on that one. As a concession, I will go scrape my knuckles across the asphalt for a couple of minutes.

VN Store

Back