Obamas' portraits unveiled at Smithsonian

What do they say about 5 time draft dodger Bone Spur Donny?

Ever been drafted burnt? Were you alive during Vietnam? Have you or any one of your family ever served in the military much less served during a war? How many of your relatives served or died for our country.

I figure none.

Reactions: 5 people
Finally something to laugh at in the Smithsonian.

Waiting for the hidden messages found in the paintings. Never seen marijuana leaves that looked like that, so that’s not it.

Slick Willie has Monica’s blue dress in his, classic.

Reactions: 2 people
Ever been drafted burnt? Were you alive during Vietnam? Have you or any one of your family ever served in the military much less served during a war? How many of your relatives served or died for our country.

I figure none.

Truth be known, he has plenty of draft dodging uncles.

By Judy Kurtz - 02/12/18 10:46 AM EST

Portraits of former President Barack Obama and Michelle Obama now have a permanent place at the Smithsonian in Washington, D.C.

The ex-commander in chief and first lady looked on as the new works of art were unveiled Monday at the National Portrait Gallery.

"Nobody in the family tree as far as I can tell had a portrait done," the former president said, after eyeing his colorful portrait by artist Kehinde Wiley.

"I do have my high school yearbook picture — which is no great shakes," he added with a grin.

Read more: Obamas' portraits unveiled at Smithsonian | TheHill

180212-barack-obama-portrait-unveil-njs-1049a_f523479b0d006da9701873bad9e3fe6c.nbcnews-fp-1200-800.jpg

obama.jpg

http%3A%2F%2Fcdn.cnn.com%2Fcnnnext%2Fdam%2Fassets%2F180212161207-barack-michelle-obama-portraits.jpg

They look like the end of a cold hard winter.

Reactions: 1 person
Mehhhh

If all the other presidents are there, then I agree, he should be there.

But I don’t subscribe to it just because he was the first black president.
It's because he is the worst president, not because he was black.

Sad thing is, like the guy that finishes last in his med school class, he was still a 'president'.

Nothing like a portrait of the former President sitting in a patch of poison ivy.

He's pretty photogenic and it should be easy to translate that onto canvas, but I'm not fond of that particular picture of him. But if he's happy with it, so be it.

To me it appears to be a large pansy surrounded by Virginia creeper.

Reactions: 3 people
did some research on the guy. actually was looking into those pictures with the women cutting heads off. Seems like he is well known for "re-imaging" famous "white" paintings with black subjects. there were a couple examples of Napoleon or some other kings that I recognized, but not the one holding a head.

so not only is there the optics of people dying but he is also appropriating "our" culture.

this selection gets better and better.

Reactions: 1 person
Like most Americans, I was once in middle school. Like many Americans, I participated in said shows. And, like many other Americans, I have siblings and cousins that have also gone through middle school.
Nobody in my family ever made it that far.

The online investigative body known as '4chan' has discovered that the Obama portrait was either created digitally in Photoshop, stenciled from a projection, or some combination of those (or similar lazy techniques).

Note the embarrassing repeating leaf patterns:
2mvw.jpg

Reactions: 6 people

VN Store

Back