'20 TN OL/DL Bryn Tucker

And now there are 2 high profile kids from there negatively recruiting against Tennessee.

Amari “Turd Burglar” Rodgers
&
Cade “F Tennessee” Mays

It seems so to me as well. Someone posted the Coach there is anti UT.

:dunno:

HC is Steve Matthews. He was a Vol QB who transferred to Memphis after going JUCO and had good success there. Similar to Riley Ferguson. He then went to NFL and was a journeyman backup. Heath Shula was QB at UT so he transferred.

I am not sure if he is anti- UT, but it would not surprise me if he was.

Last edited:
These conspiracy theories are just so much fun. Probably all true too. I mean a poster said it. Soooooooo........

Let me try to go deeper here. The chemistry teacher there is a huge Haslam fan so they developed a concoction/poison given to all the football players that makes them really hate the Vols. They code named it Clemsonium. It has a street value of 100 Vol tears. I believe this to be true because I read it on a message board when I was proofreading this post. :detective::loco:

These conspiracy theories are just so much fun. Probably all true too. I mean a poster said it. Soooooooo........

Let me try to go deeper here. The chemistry teacher there is a huge Haslam fan so they developed a concoction/poison given to all the football players that makes them really hate the Vols. They code named it Clemsonium. It has a street value of 100 Vol tears. I believe this to be true because I read it on a message board when I was proofreading this post. :detective::loco:

I heard the code word for Clemsonium is 'CAT', which combines the first letters of Cade, Amari, and Tee.

From a poster on VQ. Either a coach or parent of Tucker, not sure which...

Great night on Rocky Top

VERY impressed with new staff and dedication to winning. In the convo with CJP he stated "I will be honest right now we're not very good but I promise it will not be that way very long". Without a doubt he is putting together a quality staff and heading program in the right direction. HUGE diferrence in atmosphere for recruiting as compared to last staff.

Example for the first time tonight I heard a UT coach tell him the things he needed to do to be great, not just blow smoke at him about how great he already was.

Reactions: 11 people
Couple of quick notes...

spoke to both Bryn Tucker and Keyshawn Lawrence. Tuck said Pruitt told him strengths and weaknesses this weekend and he left campus and went to the gym to work on the weaknesses. Lawrence and Pruitt have been in contact and that speaks volumes to a 2020 kid. Will have stories on both coming in the next couple of days.

- Price

Reactions: 2 people

Doing stuff like that will go a long way with a kid. No wonder he is good at this crooting thing. Not just roses your great at everything. Here is what your good at and here is where your vulnerable go fix it. Also helps you evaluate a kid. What does he do with the valuable info you provide him

Reactions: 1 person
The surroundings were the same, but the face and voice of the man in front of him was totally different. Knoxville's Bryn Tucker is all too familiar with Tennessee, but last weekend was a different experience in meeting with new head coach Jeremy Pruitt.

"It was a great time, but it was different," Tucker said. "There was more energy. I like this staff. I liked the old staff, but this staff is going to turn around Tennessee. Coach Pruitt is very serious about what he is going to do here. He told me stuff I need to work on. I like how he kept it straight up with me. That shows a lot of respect to show me my strength and weaknesses."

After learning his weaknesses, the 2020 offensive tackle headed straight for the gym to put in work in those areas.

"They love how I finish blocks, but want me to improve my bending skills," Tucker said. "I need to work on bending and my waist. That's what he kept talking to me about. I went straight and started working on my flexibility and bending."

Tucker also spent time with Tennessee's offensive line coach Will Friend. The two got to bond during the Vol hoops game where it wasn't all football talk.

"He sat beside me and we talked about family," Tucker said. "He spoke with my family and he wants me to come over as much as I can. I really like him a lot."

Tucker spent some time with Tennessee's new strength and conditioning coach Craig Fitzgerald. For Big Tuck, it was easy to see plenty of energy and a vision in the Tennessee weight room.

"I liked him a lot," Tucker said. "He's amazing. What he did when he spoke to me was talking about putting guys in the NFL. The last guy didn't really do that. I liked that a lot. He talked about what weights you do from your freshman to your senior year. It made me want to be on campus right now working out."

Tucker has offers from Ohio State, Alabama, Tennessee and several other marquee programs. He's experienced the process for a while now for a player so young and has a good grasp of all that it entails. He's putting in work and really sees a difference.

"I've gotten crazy strong in the last year," Tucker said. "The last time I benched was about three months ago and I was pushing 355 and squatting 410 pounds. I can see a big difference. I feel like Cooper (Mays) and I are the leaders. We are going to lead and I've been getting into everyone and make sure they work as much as I do."

Tucker plans on being back on campus several times this spring and proximity to Rocky Top gives him that luxury.

VQ

Reactions: 6 people
From a poster on VQ. Either a coach or parent of Tucker, not sure which...

From the same poster...

Can confirm that UT coaches come by today and spoke with him. In addition someone stopped by last week.

They can't officialy contact him at Catholic since he is a sophomore. But they are making there presence felt at Catholic and making sure he knows they are there to see him.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back