Recruiting Forum Football Talk LV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arkansas is an anomaly in and of itself. If you go to Fayetteville, there are two fanbases present-- Arkansas and Texas. Half the fans still relive their glory days of the SWC. They've had more "naturally" occurring rivalries in Ole Miss and LSU over the years, but the SEC said lol no, your true rival is Mizzou, the newbies of the league, when A&M has at least made more sense given recent match-ups. And Arkansas has a losing record against that forced rivalry (not that we can say any better at this point). And before this forced rivalry, their other forced rivalry was USC, also a late add-on to the league. Arkansas can't recruit southern talent despite being the only major team in the entire state. Bret Beilema was the round peg they tried to force in a square hole, no pun intended. My Arkansas friend can go into far greater cultural and historical detail, but based on our football talks, I'm fully convinced of his outlook.

Having lived in Fayetteville for quite a while, you are wrong. The vast majority in the area are Arkansas fans, followed by a pretty large Oklahoma following. I saw more of the right shade orange 🍊 than I ever did that burnt orange.

And red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese icing.

What’s funny is this could balloon into a full-blown cupcake-battle royale of opinions 😂

“Red Velvet!”
“That’s garbage! Strawberry FTW”
“You chumps don’t know anything, chocolate on chocolate is the only way to go.”

Reactions: 1 person
For the non iggles fans Barnett is usually in with Long. They rotate every 2-3 plays. Sometime they rotate series. No it does not mean Barnett is bad. The iggles are loaded at DE and he has as many snaps as the starters

The coaching search at that point was absolutely the definition of desperation.

Nationally our situation was painted as total desperation up until the day Fulmer hired Pruitt. Since then the noise has completely faded away. He did an unbelievable job honestly. He could have panicked and made a quick hire to save face. But he showed poise and patience and did not allow Tennessee football to fade into obscurity. We were so close to that.

Fulmer deserves a ton of credit.

We can complain about all the small things day to day or complain that UGA is good or that it's gonna take a while. But Currie was so close to cementing us as bottom dwellers of the conference. It's an absolute miracle to think about where we are right now.

We're coming for UGA. We're coming for Bama. We're coming for all of them.

I thought it was Vol Twitter?

Fulmer also thankful that Currie was an idiot

What’s funny is this could balloon into a full-blown cupcake-battle royale of opinions 😂

“Red Velvet!”
“That’s garbage! Strawberry FTW”
“You chumps don’t know anything, chocolate on chocolate is the only way to go.”

I was hoping it would. I've missed some of the better debates recently.

Keith Jackson is def a legend, he ranks up there with some of the best in radio and broadcasting.

I will always remember his affection for the Canes in the '85 Sugar Bowl. That's the only game I still have on VHS.

He talked more about how Miami was all this with the Blades and their "World class speed", and how TN was gonna be overwhelmed.

Hovanic, Powell, and the rest of the Vols put that nonsense to bed real early.

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back