UFC Thread

I would love to see that.

Tony has to fight Conor on his first return to unite the belts, but 24-0. Come on. 9-0 in UFC. Give the man a title fight.

You thought Conor ran against Nate? LOL he'd do his best to run a marathon against Khabib. Edson is sooooo high level and he gets absolutely demolished on the ground. Conor has never even begun to be tested by someone on the ground. He's a freaky power striker who would only have a chance via an Aldo repeat. Khabib would take him down easy 30 seconds in and make Conor never come back to MMA.

Exactly. Khabib is a monster. Conor can knock out anyone.

Khabib deserves the fight against Conor. It would be fantastic to see a trilogy of fights between them the way it used to be. But it won't happen.

Edson can knock out anyone and he got rocked! Easily should've been all three judges scoring it 30-24.

Conor has proven himself to be a wrecking force. So has Khabib. Let Khabib fight Ferg and win, and then Khabib can fight Conor.

It's hard for me to respect Conor when he won't defend his belts. He's made a crap ton of money. Just fight again.

Conor, Tony, a Gorilla...doesn't matter. Unless someone gets very lucky no one is beating Khabib when he's healthy and doesn't eat too much cake.

You thought Conor ran against Nate? LOL he'd do his best to run a marathon against Khabib. Edson is sooooo high level and he gets absolutely demolished on the ground. Conor has never even begun to be tested by someone on the ground. He's a freaky power striker who would only have a chance via an Aldo repeat. Khabib would take him down easy 30 seconds in and make Conor never come back to MMA.

He better ran fast as ****, cause if Khabib gets a hold of him it's instant death. Lol Like you said his one chance is to catch Khabib.

Exactly. Khabib is a monster. Conor can knock out anyone.

Khabib deserves the fight against Conor. It would be fantastic to see a trilogy of fights between them the way it used to be. But it won't happen.

Edson can knock out anyone and he got rocked! Easily should've been all three judges scoring it 30-24.

Conor has proven himself to be a wrecking force. So has Khabib. Let Khabib fight Ferg and win, and then Khabib can fight Conor.

It's hard for me to respect Conor when he won't defend his belts. He's made a crap ton of money. Just fight again.

I'm with you on Conor, congrats on jumping around and making a ton of money, but it's time to defend your belt. I have friends talk about CMG being an all time great, he's not even top 20 for me. Who has he beaten? He caught Aldo, great win. Beat Nate, meh Nate is better at 155 and Nate had an idiot game plan. Mendes, who was winning but gassed out because of short notice. And a young Holloway? Not the most impressive résumé when you look at it.

I'm with you on Conor, congrats on jumping around and making a ton of money, but it's time to defend your belt. I have friends talk about CMG being an all time great, he's not even top 20 for me. Who has he beaten? He caught Aldo, great win. Beat Nate, meh Nate is better at 155 and Nate had an idiot game plan. Mendes, who was winning but gassed out because of short notice. And a young Holloway? Not the most impressive résumé when you look at it.

Exactly. He caught Aldo, Alvarez, Mendez. He had to go to decision vs Diaz and Holloway. His worst fights in the UFC alongside the loss. So against good and decent competition he has looked great and struggled a bit.

He did go out of his weight class to fight tougher competition and to make some money. Respect for doing that. But it would be foolish to think it wasn't partially due to desire to cash in on some of the hype.

Now go back and fight the competition that has risen up in your absence.

Everyone was already there. Conor just got the benefit of jumping everyone given his status after ko'ing Aldo.

How did he and Khabib never fight before?

Hadn't he already jumped everyone to get to Aldo and the title shot?

I wasn't paying much attention to lightweight before his rise.

Exactly. He caught Aldo, Alvarez, Mendez. He had to go to decision vs Diaz and Holloway. His worst fights in the UFC alongside the loss. So against good and decent competition he has looked great and struggled a bit.

He did go out of his weight class to fight tougher competition and to make some money. Respect for doing that. But it would be foolish to think it wasn't partially due to desire to cash in on some of the hype.

Now go back and fight the competition that has risen up in your absence.

He picked those weight jumps wisely though, lets see Woodley? No that's instant mauling. Robbie? Nah he'll cave my head in with one punch. Maia? No he'll tale my arm. Nate? He walks around at about what I do, Yeah that'll work. Lol

Speaking of Nate I know he got paid, but he's gotten lost in the shuffle a little bit, before the CMG fight he had, IMO his best showing at 155 against Johnson. Now just stuck in trilogy limbo.

He picked those weight jumps wisely though, lets see Woodley? No that's instant mauling. Robbie? Nah he'll cave my head in with one punch. Maia? No he'll tale my arm. Nate? He walks around at about what I do, Yeah that'll work. Lol

Speaking of Nate I know he got paid, but he's gotten lost in the shuffle a little bit, before the CMG fight he had, IMO his best showing at 155 against Johnson. Now just stuck in trilogy limbo.

Yeah, Conor played his cards wisely. Anyone really talented at MW would've rocked him.

Nate and CMG won't fight again. I don't think he really cares to keep fighting. He was fighting about once a year before the CMG fights. Now he has made bank; he ain't going to keep fighting much. Like 13M for last fight with Conor. Why keep on?

Nate will fight for the right price. One or two bad nights could end his big pay days, so he's playing it smart and waiting. The UFC needs him bad right now. He knows it. No reason to go get KO'd by Woodley for less than he's worth. Better still be working on that triangle leg lock, tho. If he beat Woodley, the $ would be crazy after that.

VN Store

Back