College Hoops Around The Country [TN opponents, RPI, others]

No, but that's my point. They found something worth investing in. That thing was Donovan. That is why I said your previous comment was indistinguishable. I'm not trying go make the argument with you that Billy Donovan isn't a good coach. I'm just saying that Florida had been to a FF under the former coach just 3 years prior to his arrival. To say that their program was a joke is a mischaracterization, IMO.

I outlined where their program was historically when Billy D got there.

Kruger won 20+ games only once in his 6 years. Went to the tourney only twice and had a losing season(12-16) the year before Donovan arrived.

Donovan was the difference. Not Kruger or Foley.

Come on Ziti you know a final 4 is a big step in a programs development

And besides Pearl is no BillyD

The guy went 12-16 just 2 years later then left.

That was an awesome year for Kruger and Florida. But they were not an established winner as I pointed out above and he won 12 games two years later.

Billy Donovan changed their basketball program. They are one step below the blue bloods now and it's all because they made one good hire.

The guy went 12-16 just 2 years later then left.

That was an awesome year for Kruger and Florida. But they were not an established winner as I pointed out above and he won 12 games two years later.

Billy Donovan changed their basketball program. They are one step below the blue bloods now and it's all because they made one good hire.

BillyD did a great job for sure. I just don't think he would have done it so quickly without the final 4 and Lon Kruger

I outlined where their program was historically when Billy D got there.

Kruger won 20+ games only once in his 6 years. Went to the tourney only twice and had a losing season(12-16) the year before Donovan arrived.

Donovan was the difference. Not Kruger or Foley.

If that is the theme of your argument, I fail to see how I am saying anything any different.

What I am saying has nothing to do with Billy Donovan. Great coach. Best coach in the SEC for years when he was there.

My point has everything to do with your mischaracterization of the Florida program he took over, and nothing to do with Billy Donovan. You called that program a joke despite having recently been to a FF. Hypothetically speaking, if Tennessee goes to the FF this year, loses in the 1st round next year, and Barnes has a losing record the following year and retires, are you going to say the next coach is taking over a joke of a program?

Should you choose to respond, and that response includes the name of Billy Donovan for any reason, we're done here.

If that is the theme of your argument, I fail to see how I am saying anything any different.

What I am saying has nothing to do with Billy Donovan. Great coach. Best coach in the SEC for years when he was there.

My point has everything to do with your mischaracterization of the Florida program he took over, and nothing to do with Billy Donovan. You called that program a joke despite having recently been to a FF. Hypothetically speaking, if Tennessee goes to the FF this year, loses in the 1st round next year, and Barnes has a losing record the following year and retires, are you going to say the next coach is taking over a joke of a program?

Should you choose to respond, and that response includes the name of Billy Donovan for any reason, we're done here.

A better example would be if that happens at USCe.

I love Billy Donovan.

CNC and Bruin - Regardless of how bad you think Florida was when Donovan came in I think we should be trying to find our Billy Donovan. That doesn't mean win 2 national titles. I'm saying I want us to find our 15-20 year program changing coach.

I think if it had not gone south for Pearl with the Erin Kraft thing that he would have been here 15 years and had continued success. (assuming he stayed out of trouble)

I want to find that cause I think we can become a consistent top 15 program with the right hire.

Side note: Another example is Bo Ryan at Wisconsin. Oddly enough, it really mirrors Florida. He followed a guy with similar success to Kruger. Final four and 3 NCAAT appearances in 6 seasons. The FF run was as an 8 seed.

CNC and Bruin - Regardless of how bad you think Florida was when Donovan came in I think we should be trying to find our Billy Donovan. That doesn't mean win 2 national titles. I'm saying I want us to find our 15-20 year program changing coach.

I think if it had not gone south for Pearl with the Erin Kraft thing that he would have been here 15 years and had continued success. (assuming he stayed out of trouble)

I want to find that cause I think we can become a consistent top 15 program with the right hire.

Side note: Another example is Bo Ryan at Wisconsin. Oddly enough, it really mirrors Florida. He followed a guy with similar success to Kruger. Final four and 3 NCAAT appearances in 6 seasons. The FF run was as an 8 seed.

I can buy all of that as long as you aren't suggesting we need to move on from Barnes to try and find our BillyD now

I can buy all of that as long as you aren't suggesting we need to move on from Barnes to try and find our BillyD now

I'm saying I would have rolled the dice on Wade instead of hiring Barnes.

I'm also saying that I would have a quicker trigger than most. I would want the next hire to benefit from the work Barnes has done here. We don't need the next guy to follow up Barnes when his roster is at it's weakest. Look at what Barnes inherited following Tyndall and Cuonzo. Look at what is happening at Cal right now after Cuonzo headed to Missouri and Cal was stuck with a bunch of leftovers.

Senior Drill's Avi!!!!!!!

:eek:lol:

Last edited:
Senior Drill's Avi!!!!!!!:eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol:

:eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol:

:eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol:

:eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol:

:eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol:

:eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol:

:eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol:

Wth is it?

What’s NC sts RPI up to now?

Still around 75. Wake Forest is at 114. GTech is at 137.

I still say I'd love to have that Clemson win on the record. They have an RPI of 6 right now. UNC is at 7.

We've gone 4-1 against the ACC, and should be 5-0.

What’s NC sts RPI up to now?
NC State has beaten #2 Duke and #19 Clemson back to back.
UNCG, which beat NC State in Raleigh, was beaten by ETSU last night by 10 in Johnson City. One point game at halftime and a rematch of last year's SouCon championship game.
PS Coach Forbes paces the sideline the entire game coaching. Rarely sits down. Brilliant coaching at the beginning of the 2nd half. UNCG went up by 5 at the 16 minute mark while the Bucs were scoreless. Called timeout and went into a full court trapping press outscoring UNCG 33-19 the rest of the game.

Last edited:
NC St. has beaten Arizona, Duke, and Clemson plus lost to Tennessee. Yet their RPI is 79 and their SOS is 102. That is strange to me. I know they lost to a lower mid major, maybe that is why?

VN Store

Back