'18 CA CB Olaijah Griffin (USC signee)

We really need to sign this guy. You know Warren G is Dr. Dre’s stepbrother. You get these guys showing up for a few games and recruiting is really going to blowup.

Could you imagine recruits show up for a game with the recruiters we have on staff. Then Peyton stops in and by the way Warren G., Dr. Dre and Snoop dog are hanging out in the locker room after the game.

Boys it would be raining 5 stars. Oh and maybe Snoop could get Martha Stuart to help with nutrition.

Reactions: 1 person
Just spoke with Griffin...

Tennessee definitely seems to have made a move with the Top-50 prospect. He called everything "amazing." Has family in Chattanooga. Still committed to UCLA for now. UT selling him on early PT.

"Tennessee is a great place."

This was the first time Griffin has visited a school outside of California. He loved it. "The vide of the college city. It's nothing like I've ever experienced before. Everywhere you go it's about the football team. The whole city is just exciting."

On Pruitt he said: "He’s an amazing coach. I feel like we could win a championship with him.”

- Simonton

Reactions: 20 people
- Simonton

Vol.

giphy.gif

Reactions: 2 people
A little more

Article Continues Below
Other Trending Articles On VolQuest.com

With three senior cornerbacks exiting the program, Tennessee is offering Griffin the opportunity to compete for immediate playing time. The fact that Fair has NFL experience and Pruitt’s background includes coaching 1st-round draft picks like Jalen Ramsey and Marlon Humphrey give the Vols a strong salespitch, too.

“I feel like Fair is a great coach and can get me to the next level,” Griffin said.

“You see those guys, they’re in the NFL and doing good. I feel like if I did come to Tennessee, he could get me to that next level. To be honest, I feel like I could see myself here.”

Griffin was even more complimentary of Pruitt, saying, “They said they need a corner. That I fit their defense and that I have a great opportunity to start. He’s an amazing coach. I feel like we could win a championship with him.”

Was the “we” an interesting Freudian slip?

Well, Griffin insisted that he’s still committed to UCLA, but the Under Armour All-American said he won’t make a final decision until February. The Bruins’ coaching change has give him some pause, allowing schools like Tennessee to pounce on a possible flip.

“I know Chip Kelly is there and he’s a great, but one of the main reasons I committed there is because of Jim Mora and Demetrice Martin.”

Griffin is slated for January official visits to USC (Jan. 12), UCLA, Auburn and Michigan, and those visits have a lot to live up to after his experience on Rocky Top this weekend.

“I’m committed to UCLA right now, but I’m not signing until February. Right now I’m still committed, but I really like Tennessee.”

-Simonton

Reactions: 11 people

VN Store

Back