'18 CA CB Olaijah Griffin (USC signee)

I think most of these California guys are gonna be tough pulls all the way to Tennessee. I do hope we get a few though.

With technology now a days and social media, the country has gotten a lot smaller. Distance shouldn't be as big a factor anymore.

Reactions: 1 person
Actually I think the aim is to get at least 8 players on the roster from the state of California, thus making it a "pipeline" state, which in turn gives us extra recruiting bonus points.

Source: NCAA 2013

I don't know about 8, bit, it always seemed like UT had at least 4 or 5 Cali kids in the '90s and most of them were stars and/or starters. Maybe not a pipeline but at least a telephone line. Would love to have that again

Actually I think the aim is to get at least 8 players on the roster from the state of California, thus making it a "pipeline" state, which in turn gives us extra recruiting bonus points.

Source: NCAA 2013

My pipeline states are:

- Tennessee
- Georgia
- Florida
- Alabama
- Texas
- California
- North Carolina
- Virginia
- Ohio

Only need 4 from a state for pipeline. I have #1 classes every year.

“i know that they just got a really great coach that i respect a lot in coach pruitt. We have been building a really good relationship. That's a reason i'm coming out there. Tennessee also is like a second home to me because i have a lot of family out there. It would be great to have them come out and seem me if i did go to tennessee.”

griffin has several uncles and cousins who live in chattanooga. In fact one of his uncles may join him in knoxville this weekend.

“he was recruiting me when he was at alabama. I was going to visit alabama, but now that he's at tennessee, he's recruiting me there,” griffin said. “he's been building a relationship with me for a while.

“i like all of the experience that he has. I know he's a really good coach and he can get me to the next level.”

“i just have to get stronger in the weight room,” griffin said. “i bring a whole different ball game when i'm playing. Everything i do it different. If you count on me then i won't let you down.”

despite being three times zones away, griffin said tennessee is a realistic option for him. But he's not in a hurry to make a decision. Griffin has no plans to sign in december and said in addition to tennessee, he was also considering usc, ucla, auburn, alabama and michigan.

- vq

Reactions: 20 people
Huge weekend and this kid would press for time Day 1. Even though I want to see Osborne, Byrd, Shamburger and Lebruzza in this system. This kid brings it at CB.

Reactions: 3 people
That article should also quiet a lot of people upset about Pruitt going back to Alabama to coach in the playoffs. Clearly he is wanting to do well at Tennessee with the staff he is assembling and by trying to poach current Alabama commits and targets, it shows where is allegiance now lies.

Reactions: 3 people
Huge weekend and this kid would press for time Day 1. Even though I want to see Osborne, Byrd, Shamburger and Lebruzza in this system. This kid brings it at CB.

What are your expectations of those 4 in this new system? How about T. Bailey? I’m thinking all 5 are going to take off under these new guys...I hope the safety play follows suit

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back