'18 FL QB Michael Penix Jr.

I'm starting to think this isn't about cutting fat, but more the fact that the rumors may or may not be true and Pruitt is kind of a d*** and some personalities don't want to play for him.

I'm starting to think you don't know wtf you are talking about.

Reactions: 9 people
I'm starting to think this isn't about cutting fat, but more the fact that the rumors may or may not be true and Pruitt is kind of a d*** and some personalities don't want to play for him.

That seems awfully premature. This doesn't sound like Penix's decision. Pruitt may be a prick, but I don't think there is any evidence that that alleged fact played any role in this case.

Reactions: 1 person

Or he may not like the idea of a 6’2” 175lb qb

That seems awfully premature. This doesn't sound like Penix's decision. Pruitt may be a prick, but I don't think there is any evidence that that alleged fact played any role in this case.

Everything we’ve read, literally everything, has talked about how great of a recruiter is and how much players love him. There hasn’t been a single thing written or said to support that narrative that players don’t like him. It’s bull

Reactions: 2 people
According to Penix's tweet he was processed. They must have someone big lined up or are gambling on landing a big fish QB. Either way I trust this staff.

Yep, Pruitt said he's not gonna take guys just to fill space. If they don't fit his system, there not gonna play here

And BTW Saban is a d***, Urban is a d***, good coaches can and should be at some points. Doesn't mean players don't love them. Like I said under certain circumstances, and maybe it was for Penix, some personalities don't mesh with that kind of attitude.

Sounds like he was being honest with the young man to me. He may like the 6’4” 220 type or a myriad of other reasons

Penix literally said that after talking to the staff its not the place that I am being wanted. Cant get much more clear than that.

That doesn’t make Pruitt a prick lol. If the offensive staff doesn’t see him as a fit, and tells him that, that is called honesty.

And BTW Saban is a d***, Urban is a d***, good coaches can and should be at some points. Doesn't mean players don't love them. Like I said under certain circumstances, and maybe it was for Penix, some personalities don't mesh with that kind of attitude.

By all accounts, Penix wanted to be here, wanted to play for Pruitt. Pruitt apparently didn't want him. Don't see how personality meshing plays a role. It wasn't an issue that Pruitt mistreated him, or they clashed. It was a matter of preference.

Wow, quite the pissy de-commit. Curious what this staff has lined up instead. We had the space for both qbs of his class. This is a curious wrinkle.

By all accounts, Penix wanted to be here, wanted to play for Pruitt. Pruitt apparently didn't want him. Don't see how personality meshing plays a role. It wasn't an issue that Pruitt mistreated him, or they clashed. It was a matter of preference.

But some on here say you don't commit to a coach, you commit to a school. When the roles are reversed it seems unfair.

Penix literally said that after talking to the staff its not the place that I am being wanted. Cant get much more clear than that.

Would you rather them bring in a player who they don't feel fits their system and just let the kid rot on the bench simply for the sake of "honoring" a commitment?

Have you seen our team? They need a hardass dickhead coach. Their a bunch of *******... Strong minded people succeed in life, not people that need participation ribbons... If the coach is a hardass that's a good thing

VN Store

Back