Is there a better NFL duo from a school

It could be argued that Eric Berry, if healthy, has the potential to be the greatest safety of all time. Don't know of a better all around safety in the game's modern history aside from Lott, Reed, maybe Troy P.

What about an offense/defense duo from the same school and same year? Who would that be?

Julio Jones and Dont'a Hightower were both at Bama at the same time. I'd argue they are the best combo right now.

All-time? That's tough. I feel like Montana played with someone at ND but I can't recall who it was.

Marino and Dorsett are amazing.

But the best all-time on the same team is Barry Sanders and Thurman Thomas.

Reactions: 2 people
Julio Jones and Dont'a Hightower were both at Bama at the same time. I'd argue they are the best combo right now.

All-time? That's tough. I feel like Montana played with someone at ND but I can't recall who it was.

Dave Duerson maybe? I know he was a gold domer, and had a very nice career

It could be argued that Eric Berry, if healthy, has the potential to be the greatest safety of all time. Don't know of a better all around safety in the game's modern history aside from Lott, Reed, maybe Troy P.

Add Sean Taylor to that list of "what ifs". What a specimen, just a dang head case

You actually need to cite experts if you are going to refer to experts.

Munoz was amazing and is a deserved HOFer. He's just not at the very top of OL.

Its way off topic by now, and you weren't asking me, but NFL.com, Foxsports, both rank him as #1.

In 2010, NFL.com ranked him as the 12th best player ever at any position

Reactions: 1 person
Derrick didnt play with his hand in the dirt every down like Reggie did. He would have never came close those sack numbers. Still a HoFer with crazy numbers if he doesnt pass. Shame.

You are definitely right about that. DT was at least a decade ahead of his time at his position. He is still my all time favorite defensive player. I remember the day he passed like it was yesterday. My point was that no two Bama players compare to the success Reggie and Peyton have had. Not even close.

I remember in the early 1990s. I got bored so one day I listed all of the NFL players that were currently on a roster that were UT alum. It turned out that in theory we could field our own team. At least one UT alum was on an NFL roster at every position. Shuler White Pickens Garner Reviez McKenzie etc etc.

Manning, White, Witten, Berry, Atkins, Dale Carter, Stanley Morgan, Al Wilson, Jamal Lewis, Anthony Miller and Chad Clifton to name a few.

Reactions: 1 person
The Kamara/Barnett combo this season has been pretty significant. What about other occurrences of two athletes from the same school going to the bigs in the same year and blowing up?

1992 NFL offensive rookie of the year Pickens. 1992 NFL defensive rookie of the year Dale Carter

He's right in the conversation behind Gonzalez I think, along with Mackey, Sharpe, Ditka. Best of all, Jason is an all time classy dude. Love him

Ditka doesn't get near enough love. The TE was basically a blocking position before he came along. Really transformed TEs into a multi threat.

If he wasn't such a headcase that will eventually be his own enemy, I think Gronk could be the best all time. He is basically impossible to cover

Gronk's biggest issue is he can't stay healthy. Witten and Gonzalez are iron men.

VN Store

Back