Official Jon Gruden thread XL

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_mc683sDvrT1ronhn5o1_500.gif

Bringo!

I believe you are correct. If agents are smart, they are tossing out the names of their clients to help push to get them (and in turn the agents) raises. And do that via third party channels.

If Currie is shooting for the stars as implied by several folks, he will not look at a Dan Mullen. And I continue to stand by my comments that there is a reason Mullen has been passed over by major programs before. However, with a smart agent like Sexton, he knows rumors and gossip will likely get him a raise from Moo State at worst or at best, make another school (ATM for example) jump the gun and give him a big fat salary upgrade with a new contract. He wins either way.

Get on our train, Jake. We have cookies.
agree about mullen and sexton (or any sexton client really), that's certainly possible. the only thing that would worry me, if i were you, would be the report that currie is going to be meeting with Mullen on friday. i have no idea if it's true, could just be more of the pawns moving around.

either way, while i have certainly defended mullen, i do agree that if currie is swinging for the fences, the only way mullen really gets in play is we pop fly foul balls like 6 or 7 times in a row, and it's time just get on base.

my take at that point would simply be (and this is how i've approached my outlook on mullen from the beginning)...ok, we're on base, now how do we score?:p

as for getting on the train.....i'm on, i just didn't buy a ticket..stowaway in the baggage cart, but i'll be there if the train does in fact pull in to the station....just didn't make the investment some of you have.....:eek:lol:

I've already gotten more apathetic than ever because of our constant crapfests, and if we hire Mullen I'm going to just absolutely lose all intense interest in Tennessee football for the foreseeable future.

I've completely skipped watching two Tennessee games this year for the first time ever because I hate watching us suck and I was in school for the worst four years of Tennessee football ever. Mullen will do absolutely nothing to improve our circumstances. Nothing.

Nuff said, and thanks, I hope TPTB are keeping score on all us fans who are fed up with the last 10 yrs of less than even a die hard fan can stomach...do the right thing this time !! If it doesn't work, and I don't think that will happen, at least we didn't go the budget route and shoot ourselves in the foot again.

Grude to the Hill...........:)

just my thoughts, no info here, but I doubt the Kelly offer was a legitimate official offer.

If I had to bet, probably more Currie doing due diligence and seeing if there was interest more than anything official.

and also, could see it being used to divert attention as well. It's pretty obvious Currie is manipulating the media

Reactions: 5 people
just my thoughts, no info here, but I doubt the Kelly offer was a legitimate official offer.

If I had to bet, probably more Currie doing due diligence and seeing if there was interest more than anything official.

and also, could see it being used to divert attention as well. It's pretty obvious Currie is manipulating the media

No Tennessee never contacted him.

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back