Official Jon Gruden thread 32.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the mood is a little better in here this morning, so that's a plus. My head is spinning from this mess, but I think half of that is from trying to pull off an ape night.

Volly, prayers your way.

I honestly see nothing logical that has changed since last night. If people were feeling good before the game, they should feel just as confident after. We just had a lot of people trolling and others upset reacting.

I've said all along that stuff goes down after Candy. That just seems like the logical move to me. But I still hope last night was enough for something to happen within 48 hours.

Soon.

Reactions: 1 person
First, Gruden wants the job. This is his preferred job. Over all the other jobs. I have this on very good authority. I know. I know. Unnamed sources aren't tolerated. I don't really care.

Second, we believe all the boosters are now rowing in the same direction. The only problem then would be Currie standing in the way which would be career suicide. Unlikely. Although he may be hesitating to pull the butvh trigger because it wasn't his initial plan.

Third, these sorts of transitions are incredibly complex. It is silly to think this is as simple as firing one coach and hiring another. Information must be closely guarded. There is so.much.money at stake here on every side. Currie has a tremendously vested interest in misdirecting and sending out false info. These things happen all the time in the corporate world. The difference is there aren't fans of companies like P&G becoming OCD about reading a chat board over it.

Shareholders do become OCD with changes.

CladInOrange, you have just caught yourself in a lie.

Don't know if this has been spotted already, only at page 11 in catching up on the conversation last night.

Saturday, 10:55 pm EST:

Saturday, 11:07 pm EST:

Saturday, 11:36 pm EST:

So at 10:55 pm, you'd just gotten back to your hotel ... in St Louis ... but at 11:36 you deny being back at your hotel, and are just on your way to St Louis.

Your inconsistencies prove you to be unfaithful.

Therefore I, for one, will not believe another word you say.

Yep, I questioned him about his timeline last night...devil is in the details when someone tries to embellish

First, Gruden wants the job. This is his preferred job. Over all the other jobs. I have this on very good authority. I know. I know. Unnamed sources aren't tolerated. I don't really care.

Second, we believe all the boosters are now rowing in the same direction. The only problem then would be Currie standing in the way which would be career suicide. Unlikely. Although he may be hesitating to pull the butvh trigger because it wasn't his initial plan.

Third, these sorts of transitions are incredibly complex. It is silly to think this is as simple as firing one coach and hiring another. Information must be closely guarded. There is so.much.money at stake here on every side. Currie has a tremendously vested interest in misdirecting and sending out false info. These things happen all the time in the corporate world. The difference is there aren't fans of companies like P&G becoming OCD about reading a chat board over it.

Just a thought but if Currie screws up this next hire, he is done. I can't imagine a situation being this bad unless he has an ace up his sleeve even if it isn't Gruden. He is waiting too long to get in the running for a homerun hire if that's his plan.

At this point it better be.

At this point, if I were Currie and was turned down by Gruden, I certainly would make it known somehow publicly that HE turned us down. That we gave more than a generous offer and the ball was in his court.

I'm tired of messing around if Gruden decides against it. I love the fact he considers Tennessee a great school and whatnot, but in my irritability factor this morning, I'd dump a tanker truck's worth of gasoline on that bridge and strike a match. I'd make sure everyone knew he was the one that was unreasonable in the discussions.

Call it a petty, scorned ex-girlfriend posting your information on a VD alert site type of move, but I'd damn sure make everyone know we bent over backwards to accommodate the hire.

This could be because I'm tired, cranky and downright angry over what happened last night. But that's how I feel.

Reactions: 15 people
Extra point said the coaching staff is on campus as normal. Currie is on campus as of 45 mins ago, which is not normal.

For the last several games Butch and Currie have met on Sunday after the game so as much as I want to believe Currie being there means Butch is gone I'll believe it when it leaks to the media which has it happened yet. Another week of waiting in the callbthat may or may not come.

CladInOrange, you have just caught yourself in a lie.

Don't know if this has been spotted already, only at page 11 in catching up on the conversation last night.

Saturday, 10:55 pm EST:

Saturday, 11:07 pm EST:

Saturday, 11:36 pm EST:

So at 10:55 pm, you'd just gotten back to your hotel ... in St Louis ... but at 11:36 you deny being back at your hotel, and are just on your way to St Louis.

Your inconsistencies prove you to be unfaithful.

Therefore I, for one, will not believe another word you say.

He explained that last night. Not taking up for him or telling you how to take him. What he said was that they were tailgating at a hotel in Columbia which was a different hotel than the one he stayed at in St. Louis.

Butch Jones has eight 30-point losses in five seasons at Tennessee. Derek Dooley, Lane Kiffin and Phillip Fulmer combined for eight in the previous 20 seasons.

Reactions: 7 people

Spot on, per usual. Everyone needs to chill in my opinion. Nothing has occurred over the last 24 hours that we didn’t see coming. It sucks but it is what it is. No amount of b******* on a message board is going to change that. For those of you that change your opinions and outlooks on literally everything and let this dictate your mood and life, I suggest logging off for a while. It’s going to get worse before it gets better.

Shareholders do become OCD with changes.

Only the ones who even know they are shareholders (not as a part of a fund) which isn't the lion's share when they aren't sitting at the table themselves.

Also the reason that I refuse Mr. SFD's insistence that I get into day trading. My return on time investment would be miniscule.

I appreciate the fact most of you still think Gruden.

2012 is coming back with a vengeance from my perspective.

All the friends of the AD staff, expensive scotch, cryptic drive-bys, MOU talk, ESPN trucks at Holiday Inn, etc..etc.. can make me believe Gruden is coming.

No UTVolinExile, I don't need to take my medicine.

Keep believing all you want. I don't begrudge you that.

For me, though, it is EXACTLY like 2012.

At this point, if we can get Butch off campus, it'll at least be a start to putting all of this behind us.

It's always darkest before the JON.

Reactions: 3 people
I'm done... Good luck guys... I refuse to have battered wife syndrome and this whole thread had descended to that point.

Who gives a **** anymore, the administration doesn't.

Reactions: 6 people
You're full of it, you went all in saying 100% Butch is fired last night to waking up seeing nothing has happened so you're starting to back track. Stop spreading lies to try to feel important, seriously.

I’m full of it? I️ am simply passing along info. You think because he wasn’t fired at 7AM I️ changed my mind? I️ think you’re full of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back