Official Jon Gruden thread 32.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I appreciate the fact most of you still think Gruden.

2012 is coming back with a vengeance from my perspective.

All the friends of the AD staff, expensive scotch, cryptic drive-bys, MOU talk, ESPN trucks at Holiday Inn, etc..etc.. can make me believe Gruden is coming.

No UTVolinExile, I don't need to take my medicine.

Keep believing all you want. I don't begrudge you that.

For me, though, it is EXACTLY like 2012.

At this point, if we can get Butch off campus, it'll at least be a start to putting all of this behind us.

Reactions: 10 people
While watching the Butch Jones show, there was a first Tennessee Bank commercial with Butch as the endorser. It was followed by Phil Fulmer endorsing General Shale. Both are UT/state employees.
I know in one of the past threads there was discussion of Gruden's endorsements (2 of which are not good for a college coach) and how State employees can't have personal endorsement contracts.
Can anyone shed light on how these two are doing endorsements?

Any commercial you see with Botch is tied in with his UT Football coach contract.

I appreciate the fact most of you still think Gruden.

2012 is coming back with a vengeance from my perspective.

All the friends of the AD staff, expensive scotch, cryptic drive-bys, MOU talk, ESPN trucks at Holiday Inn, etc..etc.. can make me believe Gruden is coming.

No UTVolinExile, I don't need to take my medicine.

Keep believing all you want. I don't begrudge you that.

For me, though, it is EXACTLY like 2012.

At this point, if we can get Butch off campus, it'll at least be a start to putting all of this behind us.

And back down the coaster you go.

Reactions: 2 people
I think we are getting our hopes up of believing Any announcement comes today. It is this way every damn weekend and yet Butch is still here. Currie doesn't want to fire Butch until the season is over and that is abundantly clear. We all bought that the reason for delay was timeline (Gruden) but now that looks iffy as well. Interesting that Beaver has decided to be silent during a pretty rough night on VN.

The Beav is sleeping of a night of too many scotch's. Ivan must have been pouring doubles last night.

Reactions: 1 person
I get the feeling we're taking this all the way down to the wire. It'll be Thanksgiving weekend before anything happens. Whoever our recruiters are better already have a really good plan to sprint into action.

CladInOrange, you have just caught yourself in a lie.

Don't know if this has been spotted already, only at page 11 in catching up on the conversation last night.

But yes, you said earlier you were back at your hotel room, in St Louis.
Now you say you're just "on your way back to St Louis."

You told us your hotel was in St Louis in another thread.

Your inconsistencies prove you to be unfaithful.

Therefore I, for one, will not believe another word you say.
Thanks for showing these quotes- someone said it last night but I didn't have the strength to go back & fact-check. Just the inconsistencies of AD working feverishly all night for nothing to happen today tells me he's lying or being lied to.

And back down the coaster you go.

No. I have leveled out, really. Just was a little intoxicated by the thrill of the chase, I guess.

I really see no way Butch is retained, so that's something. I wish he would be let go today, but if that doesn't happen, I can look forward to him being let go at the end of the season.

I want Gruden. Just too many echoes of insiders past...

Reactions: 2 people
I just don't see Patterson or Peterson leaving their current jobs but if there's a true shot at them or Gundy, then I lay out Gruden type money to get them.

Mullen is payed about right and he and his wife just needs to stay in Starkville.

Time for UT's administration to prove to the fans that their all in.

I don't see Patterson leaving either. Doubtful Petersen leaves with his family concerns.

While watching the Butch Jones show, there was a first Tennessee Bank commercial with Butch as the endorser. It was followed by Phil Fulmer endorsing General Shale. Both are UT/state employees.
I know in one of the past threads there was discussion of Gruden's endorsements (2 of which are not good for a college coach) and how State employees can't have personal endorsement contracts.
Can anyone shed light on how these two are doing endorsements?

It is because they can..

I honestly believe now that if Butch were somehow lucky enough to pull these last two wins out off his ass and win a mediocre bowl game he'd be back. They'd try to sell us that he ended the season winning 3-0, beat a ranked team, and went to 4 consecutive bowl games.

Now I know it's highly unlikely that he even wins another game, but our luck we get him back next year. Sorry guys I'm in full on depression mode after the way this thread has turned.

Soon. I hope 😔.

This Sunday feels like every other Sunday for the last month or so.
Sunday morning -Everyone wakes up hungry for news of a press conference announcement.

Sunday afternoon -No press conference today so that must mean it will be on Monday replacing the normal weekly presser.

Sunday night/Monday morning -The thread is flooded with rumors and information from "people close to the situation" that all point to it being done and will become official on Monday.

Monday press conference -Butch marches out firing off cliches looking forward to the next game while fielding softball questions from the media.

Vol fans everywhere -

giphy.gif

Reactions: 23 people
You guys need to step back from the ledge. I have read nothing that has changed my mind about Gruden. You guys act like he has made a public announcement that he isn’t coming. Do I think Butch should be gone? Yes. At this point what does it matter if it happens now or next week. The season is over. Let the process play out. If Currie screws it up then Volnation will let him have it. Calm down and let’s see what happens. I still believe!! SOON!

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back