Official Jon Gruden thread 32.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I appreciate the fact most of you still think Gruden.

2012 is coming back with a vengeance from my perspective.

All the friends of the AD staff, expensive scotch, cryptic drive-bys, MOU talk, ESPN trucks at Holiday Inn, etc..etc.. can make me believe Gruden is coming.

No UTVolinExile, I don't need to take my medicine.

Keep believing all you want. I don't begrudge you that.

For me, though, it is EXACTLY like 2012.

At this point, if we can get Butch off campus, it'll at least be a start to putting all of this behind us.

Yep.
Fact is we won't actually know for sure if we have Gruden until after Jones is officially and publicly fired.
First things first.

Well if he doesn't get fired today then in 14 days he will. Just 2 more weeks volnation and this nightmare of a coach is over

giphy.gif

Reactions: 1 person
People have said that nobody on this staff wants to be the coach so if they beat Vandy who is gonna take over for butch for the bowl game? Cause butch will wanna move on and try and get a job.

Extra point said the coaching staff is on campus as normal. Currie is on campus as of 45 mins ago, which is not normal.

Guess we will have to watch this crap atleast 2 more times this year. Why do these people keep saying Butch is gone after next loss? Dudes a cockroach.

Reactions: 2 people
I love your insight and appreciate your positive attitude, what is leading you to believe this is still a possibility honestly? Butch will probably not be let go today, we hear it's done oh wait not done, now it's out in media that Tampa is a real possibility for Gruden. Either this is the biggest covert operation of a hire ever or we have truly been fooled again. My faith in this administration is at an all time low this morning.

First, Gruden wants the job. This is his preferred job. Over all the other jobs. I have this on very good authority. I know. I know. Unnamed sources aren't tolerated. I don't really care.

Second, we believe all the boosters are now rowing in the same direction. The only problem then would be Currie standing in the way which would be career suicide. Unlikely. Although he may be hesitating to pull the butvh trigger because it wasn't his initial plan.

Third, these sorts of transitions are incredibly complex. It is silly to think this is as simple as firing one coach and hiring another. Information must be closely guarded. There is so.much.money at stake here on every side. Currie has a tremendously vested interest in misdirecting and sending out false info. These things happen all the time in the corporate world. The difference is there aren't fans of companies like P&G becoming OCD about reading a chat board over it.

Reactions: 15 people
I wish that we would stop making predictions about when something is going to happen. Since almost all of the previous have been wrong.

TBH, I'm a little baffled.....
* Why would Butch be allowed to coach beyond this point? Bad for his career, bad for recruits, bad for fans, etc. An interim could not do further damage.
* How would MIT know this is 100% done a few weeks ago, yet the media locally or nationally know a thing?
* Now we have hurdles?

FTR I tried to reach Brent this morning with no success; I just wanted his opinion or any nuggets he may have.

So after everything the old meter went thru, it turns out it was just as accurate as the new one? :loco:

Nope.
The old one only measured faith in landing Gruden which remains at 50%

The new one factors not only Gruden but also faith in the program itself. The initial base reading for that happens to be a neutral 50%.

Expect the reading to change as time passes.

First, Gruden wants the job. This is his preferred job. Over all the other jobs. I have this on very good authority. I know. I know. Unnamed sources aren't tolerated. I don't really care.

Second, we believe all the boosters are now rowing in the same direction. The only problem then would be Currie standing in the way which would be career suicide. Unlikely. Although he may be hesitating to pull the butvh trigger because it wasn't his initial plan.

Third, these sorts of transitions are incredibly complex. It is silly to think this is as simple as firing one coach and hiring another. Information must be closely guarded. There is so.much.money at stake here on every side. Currie has a tremendously vested interest in misdirecting and sending out false info. These things happen all the time in the corporate world. The difference is there aren't fans of companies like P&G becoming OCD about reading a chat board over it.

Someone wirh common sense. I agree completely

While watching the Butch Jones show, there was a first Tennessee Bank commercial with Butch as the endorser. It was followed by Phil Fulmer endorsing General Shale. Both are UT/state employees.
I know in one of the past threads there was discussion of Gruden's endorsements (2 of which are not good for a college coach) and how State employees can't have personal endorsement contracts.
Can anyone shed light on how these two are doing endorsements?

Because both are endorsed by UT. State employees can't have their own endorsements separate from UT.

Awesome. Nice find. 11 am. Again, if nothing by 12 nothing going to happen, imo. And I'm pretty much resigned that he's finishing the season. Especially if the rumors are true no one wants to be interim.

Again, the day after Kentucky the press engine wasn't started until around 4:30 - 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back