Replacement for CBJ - Scott Frost

What's not to like. Fine to dream. My dream hire is Fuente. If he says not, I'd rather see UT go for proven. Names that might be watched are Mullen, Schiano and maybe even MAlzahn.

Schiano is an intriguing name not often brought up. Did great things at Rutgers and now getting great experience under Urban Meyer.

UCF writer at 247 is saying Florida reached out to Frost's agent to gage interest and they fear he is going to Nebraska if Nebraska offers.
Rumblings on other boards from UF posters who supposedly get some inside info say Frost is UF's top target and UF reps are talking to Frost's agent aiming to reach an agreement in principle. Imo, it seems reasonable that Frost might prefer UF over Nebraska. Apparently UF is doing work behind the scenes to determine that with certainty.

Last edited:
Rumblings on other boards from UF posters who supposedly get some inside info say Frost is UF's top target and UF reps are talking to Frost's agent aiming to reach an agreement in principle. Imo, it seems reasonable that Frost might prefer UF over Nebraska. Apparently UF is doing work behind the scenes to determine that with certainty.

Let UF and the huskers duke it out for frost....just give me Fuente. That's the man.

Reactions: 1 person
You were doing so well until you got to point #3. Matt and Scott would be excellent candidates. Matt definitely gets the edge.

I wasn't always a huge Frost fan; however after all the research the more I looked into him the more I likes him.

I mean everyone knows him, but I never knew the whole story. He certainly played for one of the best. He learned some of his coaching skills from some great coaches (Mark Farley, James Franklin, Chip Kelly, Mark Helfrich.....just to name some). Most importantly he is a winner. Frost is young, has an NCAA championship ring, has played in the NFL and has a good offensive mind.

He might not be my first choice, but he could end up being the best choice out there (only time will tell).

Yeah. Because the second he ever does anything of significance here some goober will immediately start a thread about" Should Tennessee worry about Nebraska stealing our coach"..

You mean like they worried about UGA stealing Dooley from us.:eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol:

Let UF and the huskers duke it out for frost....just give me Fuente. That's the man.

Frost or Fuente could very well end up being the next Meyer or Petersen. No one knows for sure but I certainly think at least one of them will be.....if not both.

Reactions: 2 people
Frost is one of the most innovative football minds in the game today, offense and defense. I think he is uniquely suited to be the next great coach.
Frost will not end up at NU in my opinion because NU can't afford Riley's buy out and Frost's. It would cost them over 10 mil just in buy out money not to mention Frost's salary. They are not a huge money school anymore. I also doubt Frost would prefer Nebraska to Florida or Tennessee, recruiting to Lincoln is far more difficult these days than any SEC school.

Frost is one of the most innovative football minds in the game today, offense and defense. I think he is uniquely suited to be the next great coach.
Frost will not end up at NU in my opinion because NU can't afford Riley's buy out and Frost's. It would cost them over 10 mil just in buy out money not to mention Frost's salary. They are not a huge money school anymore. I also doubt Frost would prefer Nebraska to Florida or Tennessee, recruiting to Lincoln is far more difficult these days than any SEC school.
Good points. I think UF will hire Frost.

Les is old. The other schools would recruit against you saying he isn't gonna be there long.
Les Miles is a stubborn and quirky relic. Too stubborn to learn/adapt and change the offense outside of his power-I comfort zone, despite the clear need to do so. Handcuffed OCs, meddled in the offense, couldn't even manage the clock in crunch situations. Not the sharpest tool in the shed. Doesn't really have much to offer anymore.

Les Miles is a stubborn and quirky relic. Too stubborn to learn/adapt and change the offense outside of his power-I comfort zone, despite the clear need to do so. Handcuffed OCs, meddled in the offense, couldn't even manage the clock in crunch situations. Not the sharpest tool in the shed. Doesn't really have much to offer anymore.

I’ve tried explaining this to some of them over & over again.

He won a National Championship back in 2007 when he was still considered a good coach.

His best years are long gone.

He’s a rich man version of Butch. (Stubborn as hell who refuses to change anything)

Main reason why Miles got fired and Butch is fixing to be right with him for the same reasons.

Another similarity: Butch certainly makes some cringe worthy remarks. There used to be a web site dedicated to laughable idiotic stuff Les said. It may still be around.

Last edited:
I don't necessarily buy the Mullen quote. Yeah he may be comfortable there but he's not going to have consistent success of being at the top. Atleast at TN or FL, he would have the resources/recruiting to be top of the East year in and year out.

He doesn’t have to worry about consistent success at MSU. He’s in the top 10 of college paid coaches and they’re happy with 8 wins there, no conference division titles, and never beating Alabama.

The same record and results at TN gets you fired, well... soon to be fired.

When Scott Frost has to practically beg students to come watch an undefeated team leading the nation in scoring, when there’s a stadium right on campus...no 30 minute drive to the Citrus Bowl anymore...it’s clear UCF will always be a second tier team.

That's a big campus too!

If UF gets Frost, we are assured that we will finish no higher then 3rd in the east for quite some time

Reactions: 2 people
If UF gets Frost, we are assured that we will finish no higher then 3rd in the east for quite some time
Frost is a good fit there and may be successful. That hardly means UT is doomed to finish no better than 3rd in the East. However, what Kirby's doing at UGA does mean UT needs to make a dang good hire. It does not have to be a big name or costly hire. Just a very smart one.

There's a somewhat under the radar guy that I think is an excellent coach with great recruiting ties and a great fit for UT. Also has a reasonable salary and small buyout and would probably jump to UT like a duck on a Junebug.

DJ Durkin

Peyton or someone should be calling his agent to guage interest, as well as coaches and ADs who have worked with him to get an inside perspective on him.

Last edited:

Can't afford it but they are getting a big chunk of change this coming summer from the new TV deal that their conference has. :eek:lol:

how's that?

With Smart doing big things at Georgia, Frost and his high scoring offense at Florida. It's going to be very hard to compete unless they get a very big name in here which we know won't happen. Fleck, Brohm, Schianno, Petrino, names like these would keep us at the status quo

I think Frost could possibly be a homerun hire for someone, most likely Nebraska. However I'm not quite ready to say that he is necessarily head and shoulders above Fleck for instance. I don't want Fleck either but bottom line folks we cannot F in this hire. I contend that if we make the right hire it won't matter who Florida hires.Tennessee has the resources, history/brand to compete for SEC championships, we are just so battered by ineptitude that we lose sight of this.

I’m reading from UF insiders there is “mutual interest” between Florida and Frost. And Steve Spurrier has blessed Frost as a candidate to replace Mac.

Doesn’t mean he’ll be UF’s new coach though, as I would assume there is obvious mutual interest between Frost and Nebraska.

And, if Tennessee wants Frost, they could certainly throw their hat in the ring. Might be a smart move for UT to show some interest, if nothing else it could force UF (or Nebraska) to overpay.

I’m reading from UF insiders there is “mutual interest” between Florida and Frost. And Steve Spurrier has blessed Frost as a candidate to replace Mac.

Doesn’t mean he’ll be UF’s new coach though, as I would assume there is obvious mutual interest between Frost and Nebraska.

And, if Tennessee wants Frost, they could certainly throw their hat in the ring. Might be a smart move for UT to show some interest, if nothing else it could force UF (or Nebraska) to overpay.
With the buyout Nebraska is paying Pelini and would owe Riley, they may not be in a position to compete financially for Frost. Especially since UF avoided most of Mac's buyout. It looks to me like UF has a pretty good chance of getting Frost, even reaching an agreement in principle with Frost quickly. If they do, I wouldn't expect any public announcement until UCF finishes their season.

Last edited:
I would imagine and hope that those feelers have already been sent out to frosts people (and others) over the past couple weeks.

This is gonna be a very interesting few weeks for sure

Frost is a good fit there and may be successful. That hardly means UT is doomed to finish no better than 3rd in the East. However, what Kirby's doing at UGA does mean UT needs to make a dang good hire. It does not have to be a big name or costly hire. Just a very smart one.

There's a somewhat under the radar guy that I think is an excellent coach with great recruiting ties and a great fit for UT. Also has a reasonable salary and small buyout and would probably jump to UT like a duck on a Junebug.

DJ Durkin

Peyton or someone should be calling his agent to guage interest, as well as coaches and ADs who have worked with him to get an inside perspective on him.

Durkin is a scary pick and I feel Knoxville would riot if they hired a coach from Maryland that has a career record of 10-11

VN Store

Back