Fulmer debate extravaganza (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to think there was a Fulmer debate here.

Now, I understand that these are all just automated responses.

Stability is IMPORTANT at the top.

CPF is good for UT! He has done a great job here and I hope he stays for many more years.

I can't wait for more 4 loss seasons and backing your way into the SEC Championship game!

Give him a raise!

I've never understood the "backing your way into anything" argument. The argument would also seem to dictate that LSU fans should be critical of Les Miles for the way they "backed into" the BCS National Championship game; ditto for Ohio State fans and Tressel, who sat around and watched as the top of the BCS standings imploded. I'd imagine neither team was crying about backing into anything, though.

The way college football is set up, "backing in" is the preferred method of getting anywhere. Sure, there are teams who run the table and certainly deserve to be where they get, but if a team loses even one game, they have to count on others tumbling to make room at the top. See Florida in 2006, Ohio State and LSU in 2007, etc.

Hmmm...... 10 years equals 80 wins and 40 losses in the regular season.

At the bowl rate we will be 4-6........

3 special years of losing the SEC championship... 0-3.

So what, 84-49 when he retires......... 20 years without sniffing any thing?

I've never understood the "backing your way into anything" argument. The argument would also seem to dictate that LSU fans should be critical of Les Miles for the way they "backed into" the BCS National Championship game; ditto for Ohio State fans and Tressel, who sat around and watched as the top of the BCS standings imploded. I'd imagine neither team was crying about backing into anything, though.

The way college football is set up, "backing in" is the preferred method of getting anywhere. Sure, there are teams who run the table and certainly deserve to be where they get, but if a team loses even one game, they have to count on others tumbling to make room at the top. See Florida in 2006, Ohio State and LSU in 2007, etc.

You nailed it right on the head!

Bravo!

:hi:

Hmmm...... 10 years equals 80 wins and 40 losses in the regular season.

At the bowl rate we will be 4-6........

3 special years of losing the SEC championship... 0-3.

So what, 84-49 when he retires......... 20 years without sniffing any thing?
if only we could keep him that long :)

This has been said before, by many......

Who out there is better, that would come to UT?

Don't give me Bob Stoops, Kelly, Greg Schinano (sp), Pat Hill, ect...Are they better than Fulmer anyway??? Not sure. Be careful for you ask for, you may get it. Fulmer is good for UT! Paterno had some down years, Bowden had some, Bryant had some, Neyland had some, EVERYONE has had some. UT needs to live with it and things will be just fine!

I'm a Steelers fan. Bill Cower was almost fired 2 times, but the Rooney's rode the storm and look what happened. Relax people, a down year or two does not mean the end is near!

Don't give me Bob Stoops, Kelly, Greg Schinano (sp), Pat Hill, ect...Are they better than Fulmer anyway??? Not sure. Be careful for you ask for, you may get it. Fulmer is good for UT! Paterno had some down years, Bowden had some, Bryant had some, Neyland had some, EVERYONE has had some. UT needs to live with it and things will be just fine!

I'm a Steelers fan. Bill Cower was almost fired 2 times, but the Rooney's rode the storm and look what happened. Relax people, a down year or two does not mean the end is near!

10 years is along time.........

I dunno who would come...... take a chance on someone......

It has worked with other schools...

Yea...10 years is a long time! But its less time than 47 years (1951-1998)!

UT is relevant in college football. Was it really relevant during Battle and Majors. I'm not so sure. Only 1 team has won muliple NC since 1998. That shows it is not easy. USC, Oklahoma, Miami had down years and returned to dominance. Miami, Nebraska, Florida St, and ND are down now, they will bounce back very soon. So will UT. But...Ut has not had the decline as those programs had! UT is still very good (minus 1 year). Things are not bad on the Hill!

Yea...10 years is a long time! But its less time than 47 years (1951-1998)!

UT is relevant in college football. Was it really relevant during Battle and Majors. I'm not so sure. Only 1 team has won muliple NC since 1998. That shows it is not easy. USC, Oklahoma, Miami had down years and returned to dominance. Miami, Nebraska, Florida St, and ND are down now, they will bounce back very soon. So will UT. But...Ut has not had the decline as those programs had! UT is still very good (minus 1 year). Things are not bad on the Hill!

The Peach Bowl games were not bad?

Neyland's worst period was a 2 year span in which he went 9-9-2. He was pretty dominant in all other years. The man had a shutout rate of over 50%. In 1932 the General won his conference. Following that was his longest championship drought. However, we should all know what happened in 1938.

BTW....

Ask the "average" football fan to name the top 10 college football programs in the country. In General!

They will say (not in order)
USC, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Texas, Miami, Alabama, Florida State or Florida, Nebraska, Ohio State, Michigan.

No UT, No LSU, No Georgia, No Auburn

They are not the top ten today!!!! but as a whole, those are the teams that people think of when college football is mentioned! UT is in the top 15! UT fans may not be 100% satisfied, but need to be pretty darn happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back