Official Jon Gruden Thread XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m sure this has been mentioned but what about his Espn contract. Would he be the first announcer to have a buyout 😬
Espn might not mind getting rid of his salary based on their current financials.

I've thought about that, but haven't seen it discussed. Is it possible they would have to buy out Jones and Gruden? If so, I could see that being a problem.

Gruden is gonna walk in for his first press conference and tell Saban he is gonna beat him like a red headed step child for the next 10 years. 🙌🙌

Winning out (except Bama) would show some tremendous growth as a coach by CBJ.

Nothing CBJ has done at UT suggests he's capable of that type of growth in such a short time.

IMO if he wins out he’s still gone. However it will be on his own trying to find a less passionate fan base. The Cunzone effect. Thus resulting in Gruden to Tennessee without paying BJ’s buyout.

Is it bad If I agree with you.

I want best for the football program and there is something terribly wrong. It's time to part ways and pay some money for a great coach. It's time Tennessee gets their Nick Saban. May or may not be Gruden or Chip but I just dont want it to be Butch anymore.

IMO if he wins out he’s still gone. However it will be on his own trying to find a less passionate fan base. The Cunzone effect. Thus resulting in Gruden to Tennessee without paying BJ’s buyout.

If he wins out AND another big school offers similar money, he might indeed walk. And if he wins out, he might actually get it because most wold consider it a hell of a coaching job. I'd consider the odds just a tiny fraction higher than those on my dunking a basketball. I'm 50 years old and 5'6", and I can sometimes still touch the net.

Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back