Recruiting Forum: Official Florida Pre-Game/Game Thread

Hopefully some of you are not getting too much hope from George. He is doubtful to make any contributions in any meaningful games. However, bright side is Palmer and Calloway look legit.

If you want to go by upside, sure, I agree. But I’ll take a 3rd year Malone in a heartbeat right now. Callaway can be better than any receiver we’ve had in a while, but he’s played 2 games. Let me see it for longer.

Malone didn't take over one game the way Callaway did Week 1. Give me Callaway and it's not close. Malone didn't attacked the ball in the air once while he was at Tennessee. Callaway makes plays in every area of the field and with CBs hanging all over him. Give me #1 over Malone any day of the week.

Reactions: 1 person
People saying Callaway hasn't outproduced Malone early on need to check their stats. Kid has 3 TDs on 5 catches......

I like all three of our receivers. They each bring something different. Palmer gets really good separation. Johnson runs very crisp routes. And Callaway finds the ball. I say feed all three and let them eat. Remember when we didn't have a legit receiver at all. The future for WRU looks bright.

If Dormady comes out and plays well vs Florida. I don't see Butch rotating QBs through the rest of the season.

UT 31
UF 17

We have two non-offensive TDs, and grind the rest out with boring drives for the other scores. They get a big play score on a reverse or something gimmicky, and one pick 6 or scoop and score.

And great work Nick, as usual.

I have no problem with long, boring, clock-killing drives by our offense.

Reactions: 2 people
I like all three of our receivers. They each bring something different. Palmer gets really good separation. Johnson runs very crisp routes. And Callaway finds the ball. I say feed all three and let them eat. Remember when we didn't have a legit receiver at all. The future for WRU looks bright.

Johnson is OKAY... I like Palmer and Callaway both are future pros

If Dormady comes out and plays well vs Florida. I don't see Butch rotating QBs through the rest of the season.

I agree. This is the point you can prove if this is your team. He would rotate just in garbage time and the cupcake games. Just to get him some more game reps just like Dormady did with Dobbs. If the offense struggles and he struggles into the second half of Florida gotta go with JG.

Right now I feel like it will be something like 17-14UF. By Saturday, I'm sure I will be convicted need we win.

Palmer would also have multiple touchdowns if our QB's could connect on the deep ball. Hopefully that changes Saturday.

Malone didn't take over one game the way Callaway did Week 1. Give me Callaway and it's not close. Malone didn't attacked the ball in the air once while he was at Tennessee. Callaway makes plays in every area of the field and with CBs hanging all over him. Give me #1 over Malone any day of the week.

No one is doubting Callaway as a player. Personally I think they will all perform well this weekend. But they are all young and not a single WR playing saturday has been to the swamp before. That's tough no matter how talented they are.

No one is doubting Callaway as a player. Personally I think they will all perform well this weekend. But they are all young and not a single WR playing saturday has been to the swamp before. That's tough no matter how talented they are.

It's 100 yards with goal posts at each end just like every other field. No excuses.

I just hope we don't have another start like last year with Martin getting toasted.

I just hope we don't have another start like last year with Martin getting toasted.

Mac loves to go deep along the sidelines on opening or early drives. Did against us last year, twice, and did it against UM 2 weeks ago. I expect him to try again. Let's pray Martin learned from it last year.

I didn't mean that directed at you. Sorry it came across that way. I just think our guys should play well if they are elite, no matter where its at.

Oh, gotcha. My bad. I would think that too, but they did have bad drops in week 1. Makes me a tiny bit nervous for UF. I still think they will perform well though. 31-17, Vols.

They were go routes and he had beaten his man. Ball was just overthrown each time.

There's a difference between a go, a post and a corner.
The overthrow on Sat Q threw a post and Palmer ran a corner. I'm more inclined to believe the QB throwing to the correct route than not.

VN Store

Back