Where is Wiggins?

I think it's a tough thing to do to drop everything you know and move to a new city and get your classes and achedimics together and no nobody, yet have all these expectations placed on you by the fans. He has barley got himself comfortable in school. He is just now stepping out on the field for us. Folks already going to start trashing him for what? What did he do to you? He might turn out to be pretty good.

Right-on DD. Just look at this face -- until I hear otherwise, looks like this player is excited about Tennessee Football !

shaq wiggins.jpg

To put it in better perspective, I think this was the actual, full quote:

"I think he is adjusting to our culture here" (emphasis UT-R).

per
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/t...aq-wiggins-still-adjusting-tennessee-culture/

I see alot about CBJ pushing his buttons to make him better or whatever. I feel like their are not many players that CBJ jas gotten the most out of. And i wrong on that? The only ones i can think of are Barnett and Dobbs. Maybe Jennings.

I'm not sure anyone has hit their maximum potential under CBJ and Co's system.

Reactions: 1 person
A new guy who supposedly doesn't like to practice much is going to end up not playing much. I'm not sure I even buy that excuse. One would have to be pretty stupid to not practice hard and then expect to play. We'll see....It may be that he's just not all that good.

We talkin' bout' practice, not a game, not a game....practice.

Thanks Butchna. Knew I could count on you.

Should I climb down off the ledge? All this talk of suspensions has me worked up.

At this point, I wait for coaches to talk suspensions before I get worked up. It's a D4H prediction until proven otherwise.

Coach talk at this point is mostly for motivation factors. Most times when they praise freshman this early it is mostly to create competition with the older guys. Do we really think The Jackson is going to play over Abernathy, Kelly, Warrior, Berry?

Kamara, Cordarrelle Patterson,Dale Carter,Charlie Garner,Anthony Miller,Leonard Little,Jesse Mahelona...didn't even have to Google. Retire the absolute statements, dude!

Chuck Smith, Chris Mims...didn't think Leonard Little was a JUCO guy though.

Seriously? Dobbs, Barnett, Sutton. Dobbs and Sutton were 3*s that CBJ developed into some of the best players to come through UT at their positions.

Dobbs, as a passer especially, was done a disservice by not having a QB coach his entire college career.

Barnett came in playing at a high level as a freshman, and played at that level his entire time at UT.

Cam Sutton's best year was 2013, and statistically his performance decreased over his time at UT.

Did we miss on Wiggins? Nope. He's here. He's on the team. We didn't miss on him.

You know what I meant. lol. Didn't you expect him to earn a little more praise so far?

And I admit my thread title was harsh, using the word "miss." A title such as "did you expect more of an impact from Wiggins so far?" would better fit the discussion I was looking to have.

In fairness, it's not like we have a ton to go on. Osborne hasn't been mentioned much either, as thunder pointed out.

Transfers and jucos just don't work out most of the time. There are exceptions of course, but most of the time they're a non factor regardless of the hype (Blair, Justin Martin). Really hope Kongbo is the exception.

They did for Johnny Majors. Charlie Garner, Chuck Smith, Chris Mims, Anthony Miller and Dale Carter all were studs. That's not cherry picking either. Miller came in 87. The others in 89-90-91

You know what I meant. lol. Didn't you expect him to earn a little more praise so far?

And I admit my thread title was harsh, using the word "miss." A title such as "did you expect more of an impact from Wiggins so far?" would better fit the discussion I was looking to have.

In fairness, it's not like we have a ton to go on. Osborne hasn't been mentioned much either, as thunder pointed out.

At this point I think we'll need to see him on the field to know how good he'll be. His transfer from UGA was to follow a coach to Louisville. He was all ACC in 2015 but had injury problems in 2016. Coach he followed to Louisville left last year so he did too. Got a degree in 3 years so we know he didn't slack off in the class room or on the field. Guess the question is will he recover to his 2015 level. End of the day I would rather see him at corner than a true freshman

Reactions: 2 people
I edited my thread title. "Miss" was a bit harsh if he doesn't count against the 25 number which I thought he did.

Reactions: 2 people
he is not progressing as fast as he should..looks like it will be Justin Martin and Moseley starting with Shamburger being the 3rd corner..If he is better play him..hopefully Wiggins will come around..GBO

shaq going to be fine..sometimes we cant look into what the press be putting out there..we gotta go with the coaches..wiggans is going to be a shut down corner trust and believe. He is built for the SEC

So Wiggins doesn't count toward a class at all, only the 85? I could have sworn I heard someone I trust say he counted toward '18. I guess maybe I'm misremembering.

Sorry, been busy. Pretty sure graduate transfers (like RDA4) are not initial counters. These rules may apply here.

15.02.4.4 Exempted Institutional Financial Aid. The following institutional financial aid is exempt and
is not counted in determining the institution’s financial aid limitations:

(b) A postgraduate scholarship awarded by an institution in accordance with Bylaw 16.1.4.1.1;

16.1.4.1.1 Senior Scholar-Athlete Award. [A] An institution may provide a maximum of two senior scholar-athlete awards each year to graduating seniors. The award may consist of a tangible item valued at not more than $175 and a postgraduate scholarship not to exceed $10,000. The postgraduate scholarship shall be used for graduate studies at the recipient’s choice of institution and shall be disbursed directly to that institution. Such a scholarship only may be awarded to a student-athlete who has completed the requirements for a baccalaureate degree. A student-athlete who has received an institutional postgraduate scholarship as part of a senior scholar-athlete award shall no longer be eligible to participate in intercollegiate athletics, except that the student may complete the remainder of any season currently in progress at the time of the award (e.g., postseason competition in the spring sport that occurs after graduation). [R] (Adopted 4/25/02, Revised: 6/1/06, 1/14/08, 8/7/14)

You listed 7 from the last 15 years. The list of the ones who didn't work out would crush your list.
fade makes a good point... here is the thing about the word most... you only have to break the 51% barrier to be right. The statement most JUCOS/transfers don't work out is a universally true fact based on the FACT that more than half (51%+) don't work out not just at UT but all schools. That being said I would guarantee that more JUCO's/transfers work out than high school recruits. The mere fact they got a second chance means they showed something well above average.

tldr Just because you say something true does not make it contextually correct.

Transfers and jucos just don't work out most of the time. There are exceptions of course, but most of the time they're a non factor regardless of the hype (Blair, Justin Martin). Really hope Kongbo is the exception.

Malik Jackson disagrees.

VN Store

Back