Ruth's Chris parking

:acute: I like my steaks medium and I hate ketchup. However, I do not fancy myself a high class eater. My Hardee's buiscut was delicious this morning :p. I splurged for tomorrow and bought 2 steaks from food lion for $16 bucks, going to fire up the grill and feel like a boss :)

I got a sausage mcmuffin this morning for $1.49. I'm not above it at all. I've eaten at Ruth's Chris probably 3 times in the last 5/6 years and just really enjoy howthey cook their steaks at such a high temperature and that you basically don't even need a knife. I'll get their bone in ribeye medium rare with a side of bernaise sauce.

To the OP: you can park pretty cheap in the Fort next to the Library.

Best steak value (and best steak) is a little joint in Hickman county called Rubee's.

They have what they call a Montana cut ribeye that is almost as big as your plate. The owner Bob is an excellent cook. I get mine medium rare and he nails it every time. It's a wonderful steak, fatty and juicy the way it's supposed to be. You get a salad and a side for $16.95. I go there every time I'm in the area.

It's as good as ANY steak I have had anywhere. I was partial to Longhorn before I had theirs. The burgers are pretty dang food too.

I can see that there are a lot of "I'd like my filet well done and also with a side of ketchup" folks up in here.

Haha. :)

If you're in the Raleigh area the one in Cary is one of the better ones I've been to...but that was 19 or 20 years ago. The one in Boca, meh. The one in Sarasota is good. It's hit or miss.

I would rate Flemings, The Palm, and Capital Grill higher.

Haha. :)

If you're in the Raleigh area the one in Cary is one of the better ones I've been to...but that was 19 or 20 years ago. The one in Boca, meh. The one in Sarasota is good. It's hit or miss.

I would rate Flemings, The Palm, and Capital Grill higher.

I actually lived less than a mile from the one in Cary about ten years ago and it was definitely good. Flemings is good, but I've never been to The Palm. I also remember having a very good prime rib in the cellar at Copper Cellar on Cumberland back in the day.

I miss the Butcher Shop in the World's Fair Park. 2nd best steak in Knoxville, while they were open, imo, behind the previous mentioned Ye Olde Steakhouse. Although, I never had a steak from Regas.

Reactions: 1 person
Ye Olde Steak House , no Comparisons, end of story. I think of it 9 months a year and eat there 3 months - football and steak- worth the 7 hour drive

Remind me not to go out for steak with most of the posters in this thread. Longhorn is nasty and Ye Olde is a shell of what it once was.

Ruth's Chris and Flemming's serve Prime grade beef, always cooked to perfection. I've never had a bad steak at a RC. Expensive? Yes.

Reactions: 4 people
Remind me not to go out for steak with most of the posters in this thread. Longhorn is nasty and Ye Olde is a shell of what it once was.

Ruth's Chris and Flemming's serve Prime grade beef, always cooked to perfection. I've never had a bad steak at a RC. Expensive? Yes.

I agree about Ye Olde, I do like Connors Steak & Seafood Restaurant too.

Edit: Can't go wrong with the 32oz Wagyu Tomahawk Ribeye from Lonesome Dove

Last edited:
Best steak value (and best steak) is a little joint in Hickman county called Rubee's.

They have what they call a Montana cut ribeye that is almost as big as your plate. The owner Bob is an excellent cook. I get mine medium rare and he nails it every time. It's a wonderful steak, fatty and juicy the way it's supposed to be. You get a salad and a side for $16.95. I go there every time I'm in the area.

It's as good as ANY steak I have had anywhere. I was partial to Longhorn before I had theirs. The burgers are pretty dang food too.

Never thought I'd see Rubee's mentioned on here.

For $115 for the Ribeye only, it had better be great. I would have to take out a loan for the complete meal.

Reactions: 1 person

Connor's has great steaks for a reasonable price ($30-$40 range) in relation to a Ruth's Chris, Morton's etc. Ate at a local place in San Antonio a few weeks back and it was on point. Cost us $330 for 3 people; thank goodness work paid for it and we added 2-3 more names to the receipt to dilute it out.

Last edited:

Gets it.

VN Store

Back