Doug Mathews' thoughts on Team 121....

For all the jokes we've made about Paul Bain, I'm genuinely glad to see the guy get to where's he's at by working hard. Kudos to Mr Bain

I'm not certain they were jokes in the true sense of the word joke. At least mine weren't. I WANT to have a dude that bad on the team and if it's PB so much the better. Maybe we are going to be a little mean this year.

Reactions: 2 people
I was listening to the Vol network radio for the spring game and they mentioned that QD went down to Florida over the break and worked out with a QB guru which had current NFL QBs, the guru (sorry I don't remember his name) said QD threw the best ball there.

Tom House possibly. If it was House, that would explain everything. You don't get the than House.

No problem. I wish I would've caught the name but I do remember the reporter saying Aaron Murray was there.

I honestly think QD can succeed if he has the protection up front and according to your original post, it may be our strength.

I read about in a link posted on VN a week or so ago. (It was only a mention in a longer story)
Don't remember where he went though, just remember thinking it was weird that it was hardly mentioned but JG had 20 stories.

Pretty certain it's pointing to the D4H quote stating Richmond was a dud.

Richmond was downright terrible last year. I was watching the Missouri game again a few days aho to see how great Josh was in his home finale and couldn't get over how bad Richmond looked. Charles Harris made him look like a child on every snap tossing him to the side. We had to have a RB chip him every play or we had to run away from his direction.

Good for Drew if he's improved. But I'll believe it when I see it. Based on what I saw last year he'll be lucky to be more than a depth player.

Last edited:
Richmond was downright terrible last year. I was watching the Missouri game again to see how great Josh was and couldn't get over how bad Richmond. Charles Harris made him look like a child on every snap tossing him to the side. We had to have a RB chip him every play or we had to run away from his direction.

Good for Drew if he's improved. But I'll believe it when I see it. Based on what I saw last year he'll be lucky to be more than a depth player.

SJ couldn't move yesterday but you saw wonderful things. You need to ask your eyes some difficult questions.

Reactions: 1 person
Doubt he was sitting at home on the couch watching Netflix and eating cheetos all week. Looked like he's been putting in work yesterday, no?

That may be the most obtuse response I've ever read to anything. No one questioned how he looked yesterday. No one questioned if he worked out.

Let me guess, you are the owner of a tac light.

Doubt he was sitting at home on the couch watching Netflix and eating cheetos all week. Looked like he's been putting in work yesterday, no?

There is a bit of a gap between what you've suggested and "QD went down to Florida over the break and worked out with a QB guru which had current NFL QBs, the guru (sorry I don't remember his name) said QD threw the best ball there."

That's all, sport. Nothing wrong with verification. Or, is there?

That is not the question.

You ask yours and I'll ask mine. :aggressive:
large.gif

Reactions: 2 people
There is a bit of a gap between what you've suggested and "QD went down to Florida over the break and worked out with a QB guru which had current NFL QBs, the guru (sorry I don't remember his name) said QD threw the best ball there."

That's all, sport. Nothing wrong with verification. Or, is there?

Maybe we should second guess that Guarantano/Whitfield yarn also? Sounds sketchy. :glare: k...sport?

Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back