Official Tennessee at #7 Florida Game 3 Thread - 1 PM - SECN/ESPN3

Ballgame. Certainly had our chances in the 8th. No idea why we didn't tag up.

Overall, happy with the weekend. Certainly wasn't expecting it.

Vols battled but lost because two guys didn't compete with the game on the line in the 8th inning. If you don't want to be in that position, why are you playing!

no sweep, but definitely not shabby...just hope we can continue playing at this level...much better than before...we'll see....

PS. Thanks 66...much appreciated, and good day to all our BaseVol fans...love to see a good turnout...lotsa fun...:lol:

GO BIG ORANGE!

Reactions: 1 person
Coaching was not up to par today. Ammons should off been swinging on the second strike he saw.

From the looks of his swings with 2 strikes, I doubt he had the take sign on 2-1. On the first pop up, not a fast runner on 3rd and it was first out. I don't have a problem on that one.

Bartlett's AB was a killer. You cannot strike out there.

Three things that changed the game. 2 Baserunning mistakes: the rundown and the non tag in the 8th. The great catch by Florida in 8th

This was a game we could and imo should have won. Mental mistakes are understandable every now and then...but the number on brain dead plays we had today is just unacceptable. Dave knows better.

This was a game we could and imo should have won. Mental mistakes are understandable every now and then...but the number on brain dead plays we had today is just unacceptable. Dave knows better.

Good to get the series but this is about the 3rd conference game this year, they could have won if they had executed at bats or made pitches when needed.

Well didn't get the sweep got Auburn coming this weekend....they can pitch but struggle hitting the ball

Ammons taking a fastball down the middle on a 2-0 pitch has nothing to do with Serrano, Simcox, or anybody else but himself.

It was obvious that he was begging for a walk. Again, if you don't want to be at bat in that situation, why are you putting in all of the work it takes to be there.

It was obvious that he was begging for a walk. Again, if you don't want to be at bat in that situation, why are you putting in all of the work it takes to be there.

Agree. He took 2 fastballs over the heart of the plate 2-0 and 2-1. At 2-2 he did a good job and battled, but most guys are licking their chops, sitting dead red, and coming out of their shoes on a 2-0 pitch.

My guess is the 2-0 take was given from the dugout and I agree with it.

Anyone that thinks the 2-1 take is on coaching is showing their baseball ignorance

Welp...mojo broken. Still a good weekend. Much needed and proud of the kids.

VN Store

Back