The Official Tennessee @ Mississippi State Game Thread, 3:30 PM ET, SEC Network

Doesn't matter that you weren't supposed to by up 19..they were and blew it to an average team. You can't give away games like that when you are fighting for a tournament spot!
Sure you can. I'll say it right now. We still make the tourney.

We had two Rd games this week and split them and we need to get to 18 wins to have a chance right? Not a bad week plus on the bright side no team has really beaten us all year except maybe the zags. We are getting better young team was due for a let down hopefully they refocus and get after it.GBO!!!!!!!

This year. Quit *****ing. Our fans are a mess. Young teams have ups and downs. We are not done.

We were up 20 freaking points and should have been 30 had we hit our FTs . This is the 4 time this year we have lost double digit leads. Our " young" 5 star Hubbs was the main reason we lost since he decided not to show up.

Reactions: 1 person
So why is it then? Does Barnes suck again? He go back to retirement mode, just collecting a check? His recruiting suck again?

You may not like it, but youth is an excuse. It's partially to blame for MSU's crappy first half, and then our crappy second half. Two young teams who couldn't sustain success for 40 minutes and basically came down to a final possession.

I didn't say any of the questions that you are asking is the reason we lost. When we lose it's our youth, but a younger team recovered and won. So again youth is not an excuse. I believe the 10 minute second half span of fouls called on us and hardly any on MSU. Took momentum completely away from us.

Um no....I expect to win when we are in complete control and up 19. Again, stop acting like this was some normal loss.

It is a normal loss for a young team on the road. I've seen worse.

But hey let's just mail it in, season is over now.

Most reasonable fans expected a split between AU and Miss St. Yeah it sucks that this could have been a win but it's basketball and things happen.

When UT was up 19 Weatherspoon and Peters hadn't scored a point. Did you expect that to last? I knew a run was coming, just thought we would be able to hold them off but our guys went cold like Miss St in the first half.

Again, things happen.

Hear me out, this may be good for us. You have to get knocked on your ass to see that you can't just expect to win. Get up, whipe off the blood, and go back at it.

GO VOLS!

Reactions: 2 people
We were up 20 freaking points and should have been 30 had we hit our FTs . This is the 4 time this year we have lost double digit leads. Our " young" 5 star Hubbs was the main reason we lost since he decided not to show up.

Yea, I understand. I watched it too. It sucks. But you can't "stick a fork in them." I choose to believe they will play better at home and win more games. Half of you guys need a cooling off period before you can post.

Offensive rebounds:

21-9 favor of MSU

Stinks that this is the one game out of all of ours that officials let guys get offensive rebounds by not calling pushes or over the backs (mostly phantom over the backs, but I digress).

And if you want to cry about it go ahead. I'd rather look to the next one instead of wallow in self pity over the last one.

You are smart enough to know that something like this was bound to happen with this team. I knew you guys would flip out once something didn't go UT's way.

Keep things in perspective and remember what these guys were projected to do. They are playing well and exceeding expectations and the tourney still isn't out of the question so stop being a drama queen.

GfoHCsV.gif

It is a normal loss for a young team on the road. I've seen worse.

But hey let's just mail it in, season is over now.

Most reasonable fans expected a split between AU and Miss St. Yeah it sucks that this could have been a win but it's basketball and things happen.

When UT was up 19 Weatherspoon and Peters hadn't scored a point. Did you expect that to last? I knew a run was coming, just thought we would be able to hold them off but our guys went cold like Miss St in the first half.

Again, things happen.

You know...it's possible to call a turd a turd without resorting to the dramatics you're claiming I'm going to.

This was a gigantic turd. Nobody said the "season is over", but it's a bad loss. If we're going to praise the good games, then fair is fair, call the sh**show we saw today for what it was. It wasn't just a loss, it's a terrible choke job in a game we could really have used a W.

Also, funny you say "reasonable fans"; I hate to break it to you but most "reasonable" fans expect to win a game they are up 19 in and in complete control.

That was a tough loss. Mississippi State made most of the plays in the 2nd half and did what it takes to win a ball game. The Vols played very good for much of the first half and couldn't get much going after halftime.

I threw the remote at the other chair and my wife thought I might as well have been destroying our home
daffy-duck-anger.gif

You know...it's possible to call a turd a turd without resorting to the dramatics you're claiming I'm going to.

This was a gigantic turd. Nobody said the "season is over", but it's a bad loss. If we're going to praise the good games, then fair is fair, call the sh**show we saw today for what it was. It wasn't just a loss, it's a terrible choke job in a game we could really have used a W.

Also, funny you say "reasonable fans"; I hate to break it to you but most "reasonable" fans expect to win a game they are up 19 in and in complete control.

Literally, it was posted that "we are done." No other way to sugar coat it.

Can't lose more than 2 the rest of the way now, which is asking a lot for a young team. Still can't believe Hubbs scored just 4 points

I just can't fully label it a "choke" job just because at one point they had 19 pt lead. That's 7 possessions in basketball, and UT was bound to cool off and Miss st was bound to heat up. Plus it was a road game. It is what it is I guess.

Vols were first four out before the game - now they out.

That's what happens when a team like the Vols relax and get complacent.

Should have beaten Ole Miss and Miss State - so unfortunate!

I didn't say any of the questions that you are asking is the reason we lost. When we lose it's our youth, but a younger team recovered and won. So again youth is not an excuse. I believe the 10 minute second half span of fouls called on us and hardly any on MSU. Took momentum completely away from us.

I never said you did say those things. That's why they are followed by question marks. You don't want to chalk it up to youth, but offer no reasonable explanation as to why we lost.

MSU is younger (barely) but they played at home, had a size advantage, and adjusted in the second half. They played like garbage in the first half, we played like garbage in the second half. That's how 19 point leads evaporate.Youth absolutely played a role for both teams. MSU just had some advantages we didn't have.

It was a tough loss. A stupid one. It matters... maybe a lot. But the team can bounce back and still make it to the dance. It will be harder, but there's still a lot of BB to be played.

Vols were first four out before the game - now they out.

That's what happens when a team like the Vols relax and get complacent.

Should have beaten Ole Miss and Miss State - so unfortunate!

Didn't know the season ended today. That sucks, if only we had some more games and a SEC tournament to play in.

You're apparently not paying attention. It's been posted more than once.

I just can't fully label it a "choke" job just because at one point they had 19 pt lead. That's 7 possessions in basketball, and UT was bound to cool off and Miss st was bound to heat up. Plus it was a road game. It is what it is I guess.

If that's not a choke job they don't exist. Come on man...

Reactions: 2 people
You're apparently not paying attention. It's been posted more than once.

He was responding to what I said and interjecting that I was having that attitude, and I meant I had not said it. I really don't give a sh** what other people say.

VN Store

Back