'17 MO PF Derrick Walker Jr. (UT commit 2/3/17)

If you can land an impact wing/SF to help replace Hubbs, that is where I see the biggest need. Maybe an impact scorer in the post to pair with Williams that would allow Kent and Walker to come along slowly.

It all depends on how well they like Johnson imo. If they like him he needs to get minutes over a grad transfer at the 3.

If you can land an impact wing/SF to help replace Hubbs, that is where I see the biggest need. Maybe an impact scorer in the post to pair with Williams that would allow Kent and Walker to come along slowly.

Actually I would you use that for a 6'10 legit grad transfer with size

Could also keep the scholarship available if a kid elects to transfer out of a program... like WKU with Carmichael and McGhee or St. John's with Owens or Virginia with Thompson or Iowa State with What's His Face.

Edit: Kasongo

I expect us to go after another wing even if we miss on Pons. When you look at the roster it's obvious we need another wing.

Point: Bone, Turner, Parker
Wing: Bowden, Phillips, Johnson
Post: Williams, Schofield, Alexander, Fulkerson, Walker, Kent

I suggested that too along with the wing suggestion. I could make a case for either. I'd prefer Pons over either case.

Of course.

If we can't get Pons I would prefer to keep that scholarship open for 2018 since we won't have any other options unless a transfer occurs

Also this is a good get. If he's not ready we don't have to play him that first year but if he does he gives us something we don't have.

I expect us to go after another wing even if we miss on Pons. When you look at the roster it's obvious we need another wing.

Point: Bone, Turner, Parker
Wing: Bowden, Phillips, Johnson
Post: Williams, Schofield, Alexander, Fulkerson, Walker, Kent

Those PGs can play on a wing too. Especially Turner.

Lineups don't follow a set template as much anymore. There aren't necessarily 2 guards, 2 forwards, and a center, or a PG, SG, SF, PF, and a center/big man ("1/2/3/4/5") anymore. Smart coaches will use a lineup that defends the opposition well and creates matchup problems on the other end. Barnes seems to be able to exploit those kinds of things.

Of course.

If we can't get Pons I would prefer to keep that scholarship open for 2018 since we won't have any other options unless a transfer occurs

Well, as I said earlier, a grad xfer isn't going to take up a scholly for 18, so holding it is just wasting it. Now, I wouldn't just use it on another freshman just to use it.

Well, as I said earlier, a grad xfer isn't going to take up a scholly for 18, so holding it is just wasting it. Now, I wouldn't just use it on another freshman just to use it.

If there not a real good grad transfer they could use it to help out one of the walk-ons. One went to Christian Academy though... probably doesn't need the money. The kid from Austin, TX (Fleschman) is paying out-of-state tuition.

Rob Lewis says he measured in at 6'8" 255lbs, gonna need to buy into conditioning, but that's similar to Stokes territory as far as measurables go.

I've said it before, but this kid appears to be a Grant Williams clone, just a couple inches taller.

We all said, "Man, if only GW was a couple inches taller..." Hopefully Walker translates similarly.

Reactions: 1 person
3 star, good offer list, and RB knows what he's doing .....

I'll never question him again when it comes to recruiting

Reactions: 3 people

Schofield may take Hubbs role next year, if Walker can contribute immediately

Reactions: 1 person
Schofield may play the position but he is nowhere near the athlete Hubbs is and he cant defend out on the floor nearly as well.

True, but he can help spread the floor with his ability to shoot the three.

VN Store

Back