Official 2017 NFL Playoffs thread

I loved PTI too but Wilbon has gotten very annoying recently. They are simply clueless most of the time.

I used to love TK and Wilbon kinda bothered me, but then TK became more of a grumpy old man over time and Wilbon became a little less pompous....but I stopped watching like 4 years ago and I have no idea how they act now.

Yeah I don't do the whole debate stuff anymore. Only thing I will listen to is the dan lebatard show and the right time with bomani jones.

Yeah I don't do the whole debate stuff anymore. Only thing I will listen to is the dan lebatard show and the right time with bomani jones.

To keep the shows interesting, they have to take strong positions that they don't really believe and it cheapens the quality overall.

I used to love TK and Wilbon kinda bothered me, but then TK became more of a grumpy old man over time and Wilbon became a little less pompous....but I stopped watching like 4 years ago and I have no idea how they act now.

I actually enjoy listening to Wilbon. He typically has very measured and rational takes on race related issues, and has taken on the grumpy old man persona every time the issue of advanced metrics come up, which I like because there's almost nothing in sports I despise hearing about more than advanced metrics.

I actually enjoy listening to Wilbon. He typically has very measured and rational takes on race related issues, and has taken on the grumpy old man persona every time the issue of advanced metrics come up, which I like because there's almost nothing in sports I despise hearing about more than advanced metrics.

Yeah, give me explanations like "team chemistry" and "they wanted it more" all day. Who cares what the data says when talking heads can deliver such compellingly vague cliches. :)

Yeah, give me explanations like "team chemistry" and "they wanted it more" all day. Who cares what the data says when talking heads can deliver such compellingly vague cliches. :)

I just hate this ever growing line of thought that sports can simply be reduced to spreadsheet data and that the things you mentioned have no bearing whatsoever on the outcome of games. That's no fun to me.

Reactions: 1 person
I just hate this ever growing line of thought that sports can simply be reduced to spreadsheet data and that the things you mentioned have no bearing whatsoever on the outcome of games. That's no fun to me.

It's not that team chemistry doesn't have any bearing, it's just not insightful commentary.

Break down plays, mismatches, contrast in style, numbers, etc., but don't tell me "they wanted it more". Even if there is truth to it, nothing is more reductionist than reducing an outcome to that.

Great opportunity for the Falcons to win the nfc championship game and play in a super bowl for the 1st time in the Matt Ryan era.

5096034708_e7740f5fd3.jpg

Every promo I see for the game starts with "The red hot Packers are facing the Atlanta Falcons". Are the Falcons not red hot either? Since their loss to KC, they have had leads of 42-0, 41-13, 33-16, 38-13, and 36-13 prior to garbage time. I would say they have been hot as well.

Last edited:
I would also like to point out that the statistics for the Falcons defense is a bit skewed. A lot of people point out their defensive rankings and talk about how bad the defense is, but I feel that the defense isn't as bad as people make it out to be. I don't think it's a great defense by any stretch, but I think they are much more capable than people are making them out to be. The Falcons generally hop to a great lead, and as a result the Falcons play primarily prevent defense most of the second half or 4th quarter, which lead to inflated stats.

The Atlanta defense has been much better since their bye week. I'd still worry about facing Rodgers without Trufant though

The Atlanta defense has been much better since their bye week. I'd still worry about facing Rodgers without Trufant though

If someone told me we would have made it to the NFC championship game with trufant out for the year, I would have called them absolutely crazy.

I find it remarkable when pundits say that they need to see more out of Matt Ryan in big games and that he lost the only other time he went to the NFC championship game.

He threw for 396 yards and 3 TDs against an Elite 49ers defense during that game in 2012. If not for Harry Douglas tripping they could have easily won that game. It is just crazy how people judge people solely on wins and losses, failing to recognize this is a team game.

Tom Brady has thrown 27 interceptions in his past 22 games! People act like the man is unstoppable come postseason. Win he plays well, the patriots almost always win. When he plays poorly, they still usually end up winning.

It just boggles my mind how people ignore individual performances and only look at wins and losses when measuring quarterback success.

Heading to the game tomorrow to hopefully see the Falcons beat the Packers. Just wondering if any of you have ever sat in the 300 level of the dome? I am taking my dad tomorrow, sitting in the first row of 339, and now I am worried about the view. Should be fun no matter what!

Heading to the game tomorrow to hopefully see the Falcons beat the Packers. Just wondering if any of you have ever sat in the 300 level of the dome? I am taking my dad tomorrow, sitting in the first row of 339, and now I am worried about the view. Should be fun no matter what!

Haven't been, but there's a site called aviewfrommyseat.com (I'm mobile or I'd link it) that lets you look at pictures/views from various sections.

I was up there for their playoff game 2 years ago. Not great seats but it was lots of fun, even tho the game got ugly

Go Pack!

There's not really a bad seat in the Georgia Dome.

VN Store

Back