The Official Tennessee @ #24 Florida Game Thread, 5:15 pm ET, ESPN2

It was encouraging seeing Admiral bang around in the post instead of standing around the 3pt line. Hopefully he now realizes he's not a perimeter player

Reactions: 3 people
Admiral appears to be trying to take on the Fulkerson role. I sincerely think this team would have at least 2 more wins of Fulk had been playing the whole time. Florida got way too many easy looks at the rim today (and shot the ball well, generally, credit to them.)

That being said, although I don't think Hubbs is a "bust," he hasn't lived up to the hype. 8 points in 37 minutes just isn't good enough. If you told me that we were going to turn it over 19 times and get 14 points combined from Hubbs and Williams, I would tell you we would lose by 25 or more.

Admiral appears to be trying to take on the Fulkerson role. I sincerely think this team would have at least 2 more wins of Fulk had been playing the whole time. Florida got way too many easy looks at the rim today (and shot the ball well, generally, credit to them.)

That being said, although I don't think Hubbs is a "bust," he hasn't lived up to the hype. 8 points in 37 minutes just isn't good enough. If you told me that we were going to turn it over 19 times and get 14 points combined from Hubbs and Williams, I would tell you we would lose by 25 or more.
We have some good young talent which bodes well for the future. While I do think Hubbs is finally becoming a leader, he still has too many games where he just disappears.

Too many turnovers in today's game and Hubbs did not get a lot of looks.

Schofield was the player of the game with his scoring outburst and tenacious work on the glass.

Alexander did a good job rebounding and needs to look more for his shot.

Bowden did well shooting the three ball in the second half.

Embarrassing. I get so freaking tired of losing in basketball every year. I wish the excitement would return already like it used to be. I like Barnes coaching but my goodness, it's just so tough to watch our team get outmatched by other bettter talented teams.

Buddy of mine is an Auburn fan and he's already about ready to run Bruce out of town. FWIW.

Reactions: 1 person
Hubbs plays the game 90% of the time like he doesn't want to be out there. The one game this year that he has played hard the whole game was the North Carolina game. Other than that he is pretty much non existent

I never said he was an all time bust. You think he played up to his 5 star ranking?

I'll say it. Basketball-wise, he's one of our all time busts. Doug Roth is #1, then probably Hubbs. It's inexcusable for a guy with his talent to be the invisible man in this crapass conference.

Buddy of mine is an Auburn fan and he's already about ready to run Bruce out of town. FWIW.

He's getting paid a lot of money, recruited very well, and has little to show for it in Year 3. So I can see why fans would be upset with his results. But run him out of town for who?

He's getting paid a lot of money, recruited very well, and has little to show for it in Year 3. So I can see why fans would be upset with his results. But run him out of town for who?

Not sure my buddy has gotten that far. He took for granted that Bruce would have them in the tournament every year after maybe the first year. Lots of unhappiness at starting out 0-3 in conference.

I'll say it. Basketball-wise, he's one of our all time busts. Doug Roth is #1, then probably Hubbs. It's inexcusable for a guy with his talent to be the invisible man in this crapass conference.

At least Roth did something memorable and flipped off the crowd at LSU after hitting a 3.

People just don't remember all the nights we spent watching that stupid flex action for 25 seconds followed by desperation to beat the shot clock.

Hubbs plays the game 90% of the time like he doesn't want to be out there. The one game this year that he has played hard the whole game was the North Carolina game. Other than that he is pretty much non existent
BS. Florida is a good defensive team when they want to be.
Hubbs and Mostella were being swarmed in this game. White's defensive plan included not letting Hubbs and Stella beat them. why do you think Admiral had the game of his career. If he hadn't shown up we'd have been beaten by 30 points.

Regardless of the sport, 80% of the run-'em-outa-town crowd will immediately respond, "Anybody would be better than ___" and feel justified that they've answered the question adequately enough for the AD to pull the trigger. :zeitung_lesen:

What was the deal on why Michael White turned UT down? Was it a money issue?

Wasn't Kennedy on the hot seat at the time? Consensus was he was hoping to coach his alma.
When Florida later offered it was just too sweet to turn down.

Hubbs and Mostella were being swarmed in this game. White's defensive plan included not letting Hubbs and Stella beat them. why do you think Admiral had the game of his career. If he hadn't shown up we'd have been beaten by 30 points.

In addition to that, conference foes now have enough to build a defensive book on our freshmen, so expect their performances to slump a bit as teams learn how to take away their best moves and first choices. Williams should especially be in for a rough time for awhile, as his height disadvantage will more frequently come into play.

But these guys don't appear to be one-trick ponies. They'll keep developing, learning how to set up other moves, and the career-long chess match will be engaged. I don't worry about our freshmen getting good individual coaching or working hard enough on their own.

Now, as for classroom performance through the meat of the season... we'll just have to wait and see.

Hubbs is a good player when he wants to be.
He is one of the easiest players to shut down. No jump shot, limited ability to handle the basketball, and soft. Keep him out of the paint and he's a non factor

VN Store

Back