Jalen Hurd to declare

The transfer talk was a smokescreen and nothing more. He used it to mask the fact he was mailing it in for the draft.

SMH.

This family keeps making stupid decision after stupid decision.

He should just declare and start working for that second contract in the NFL. This idea he will transfer, sit out a year, and play for someone else in 2018. Then enter the draft in 2019 is moronic. He would only be delaying a payday.

Someone is giving this kid really bad advice.

Its just sad because if he had kept his mouth shut and finished the season at UT without any drama he would have been taken AT WORST by the 3rd round. Now he might never make it to the NFL if he goes this dumb route.

Everything I heard and read was that the family tried to talk him out of leaving Tennessee altogether and at least finish the season. But Jalen was fed up and made the bad decision on his own.

I know his mother is on record saying that she didn't support the decision and wanted him to stay. The decision was so bad, it sure looks like the impulsive decision of an immature 20 year old.

I don't believe for a minute that his family said "oh yeah Jalen, what you need to do to boost your draft stock is quit on your team with 4 games to go and get a ton of negative regional and national attention.......rather than just stick it out a couple more months and declare for the draft since you're eligible. You really need to damage your image by being labeled a petulant, selfish quitter. If you go ahead and leave now, you'll really make millions".

Everything I heard and read was that the family tried to talk him out of leaving Tennessee altogether and at least finish the season. But Jalen was fed up and made the bad decision on his own.

I know his mother is on record saying that she didn't support the decision and wanted him to stay. The decision was so bad, it sure looks like the impulsive decision of an immature 20 year old.

I don't believe for a minute that his family said "oh yeah Jalen, what you need to do to boost your draft stock is quit on your team with 4 games to go and get a ton of negative regional and national attention.......rather than just stick it out a couple more months and declare for the draft since you're eligible. You really need to damage your image by being labeled a petulant, selfish quitter. If you go ahead and leave now, you'll really make millions".

Good post and I agree 100%. It just makes what was going through his head, and the situation he felt he was in, that much more bizarre and confusing. I would like to think it was something more complex than him not being a team player, and not being able to tough it out. With that said, and as stuff continues to come to light, I fear it may be just that.

Has not declared.

He is still deciding.

Having to sit out one year is the only reason he may declare. He does not feel he is ready yet.

I still think he is UCLA bound but that is just an educated guess.

I suspect Jalen just packed it in and decided he did not want to risk injury. I think all of the other stuff was just smoke.

If he's drafted by the right team/system, that will use him as a fullback/H back he could do very well. A team like New England as a Hernandez type. He also needs some seasoning...maturity.

Has not declared.

He is still deciding.

Having to sit out one year is the only reason he may declare. He does not feel he is ready yet.

I still think he is UCLA bound but that is just an educated guess.

So why exactly did he quit? There had to be more than just the system.

Hurd isnt as good but the outcome will be the same
6d4486ab2307fe0481943e3beac5a7c6.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
The guy is another Bryce Brown. He'll never amount to much, if anything in the NFL although I wish him well. I think his swollen head messed up his brain.

IMO no way he even does that well.

Brown at least got some run with the Eagles

Imagine Gronk 2.0.

They are built very similar at this point with the same skill sets.

He will play on Sunday for years.

You're comparing 6'4 240 lb Hurd who's gonna try to change positions, to 6'7 265lb record-setting Gronk who's a natural TE and surefire future hall of famer. Sorry man, not buying it. If he can get much bigger without losing much speed and somehow learn how to successfully block 275lb defensive ends then maybe he can have some success in the NFL. But another Gronk? Nah.

Reactions: 4 people
I do note that nobody has him even listed in a NFL mock projection. I am guessing if he does declare and does well at combine someone would give him an FA contract at the minimum though - but then, they dont really care for primadonnas either - unless they are a truly special sort of talent.. and even then...

He don't have two big challenges, first where will he have his "pro day" since he's not part of any school. Second ,he's not play football in a couple of months and the draft is in four months better Hopis in shape and runs well or you could just fadeaway

I think the NFL is setting a bad example IF Hurd is invited to the combine. Hurd basically bailed on the team when:
1) he was being challenged by Kelly and Kamara as the best RBs and
2) the team lost back to back games to aTm and bama....he just chose Columbia as the place he'd throw his **** fit.

Reactions: 2 people
Hurd isnt as good but the outcome will be the same
6d4486ab2307fe0481943e3beac5a7c6.jpg

That's actually a great comparison. Dupree had incredible talent but had absolutely horrible advice and decision making and wound up on the outside looking in. I saw an ESPN segment on him that has him driving a truck in Mississippi now I think ? Such a waste of talent.

Reactions: 1 person
I think the NFL is setting a bad example IF Hurd is invited to the combine. Hurd basically bailed on the team when:
1) he was being challenged by Kelly and Kamara as the best RBs and
2) the team lost back to back games to aTm and bama....he just chose Columbia as the place he'd throw his **** fit.

LOL

The NFL should have absolutely no opinion about it. GMs and coaches from interested franchises should try to get to the bottom of it, though.

If what Hurd did is so bad, then he will suffer in terms of fallen stock. If what he did isn't that big of a character flaw, then it will not impact his draft status. The market will regulate itself. The NFL doesn't have to be some huge bureaucracy.

You're comparing 6'4 240 lb Hurd who's gonna try to change positions, to 6'7 265lb record-setting Gronk who's a natural TE and surefire future hall of famer. Sorry man, not buying it. If he can get much bigger without losing much speed and somehow learn how to successfully block 275lb defensive ends then maybe he can have some success in the NFL. But another Gronk? Nah.

I don't know if he'll stay healthy long enough to have a HOF career. He definitely has the talent.

VN Store

Back