Jalen Hurd to declare

And Fournette averaged < 2 ypc in his games against Bama while in the SEC.....

Conclusion: Fournette is worthless and will not be able to get it done running the ball in the NFL......:loco::crazy:

The dude's career average is 6.2 ypc.

Try again brother. You're making like Stretch Armstrong on this one. Silly analogy.

No sir---I'm exposing the silliness of your thinking and your statements when you STRETCH the YPC stats of both Kamara and Kelly in order to ASSUME that those guys would've maintained the same YPC numbers against the opponents we played early in the year..... That is what is SILLY....

You assume that the conditions all of these RBs faced were identical because of our OL....but that is where your comparison breaks down...because Kamara and Kelly generated their YPC against those "juggernaut" run defenses like aTm, TTU, Mizzou, KY, and Vandy...

I wonder what kind of numbers a healthy Hurd would've put up against those teams??? We DON'T know---any more than you can conclude that Kamara and Kelly would've maintained their YPC average against the teams we played earlier in the season.

It's pointless to even attempt to continue a logical discussion with you and others on here because of the animosity and bias against Hurd because he quit...

But I will point out that we've heard all of these arguments before in Volnation in the comparisons that were made between Foster, Coker, Creer, and Hardesty.

The conclusions you have posted about Hurd in this thread are almost a carbon copy of the ignorant statements made by Vol fans long ago about Foster. And how did that turn out?

Some people just never learn.....

Reactions: 1 person
Straight from his mother's FB page. TIFWIW though. I can't actually believe in what any of that family says now honestly.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20161206-135514~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20161206-135514~2.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 1
His mom confirmed today as well that Jalen is not declaring for the NFL draft and is indeed transferring. Rumor was started on twitter (surprise surprise )

His mom confirmed today as well that Jalen is not declaring for the NFL draft and is indeed transferring. Rumor was started on twitter (surprise surprise )

Jmo, but I think he's making a mistake. Must've been serious about changing positions then, and wants time to develop and get comfortable at either TE or WR. It's ultimately his decision. Good luck Jalen Hurd.

Jmo, but I think he's making a mistake. Must've been serious about changing positions then, and wants time to develop and get comfortable at either TE or WR. It's ultimately his decision. Good luck Jalen Hurd.

Any chance he has at an early payday will require another year in college, and switching positions is not a bad idea.

If he comes out not he's not looking at a remotely decent draft position or the immediate payday that comes with it.

GM: "Jalen, I understand you quit on your coaches, your teammates and friends. Can you give me one good reason why you chose to do this and why I shouldn't expect you to quit on me?"

Yea, most thought this was going to his only realistic route...no way could he sit out a full year and then play 2018 college...rash decisions can bit you...

Walter Camp is a draft projection board and a pretty good one. It's projected RBs only. SMH.

What can you expect? He's a Bama fan. As soon as information gets brought up out of their little 3rd world bubble, they are completely clueless.

SMH.

This family keeps making stupid decision after stupid decision.

He should just declare and start working for that second contract in the NFL. This idea he will transfer, sit out a year, and play for someone else in 2018. Then enter the draft in 2019 is moronic. He would only be delaying a payday.

Someone is giving this kid really bad advice.

Its just sad because if he had kept his mouth shut and finished the season at UT without any drama he would have been taken AT WORST by the 3rd round. Now he might never make it to the NFL if he goes this dumb route.

Reactions: 2 people
We saw Jalen at the gym today. He is still getting after it. I'm certain he weighed his options before leaving the team. I hated to hear it but I wish him nothing but the best.

Can't we just move on... Jalen Hurd is old news... no longer a Vol and certainly not a VFL (or for the season).

Go Vols!

Any chance he has at an early payday will require another year in college, and switching positions is not a bad idea.

If he comes out not he's not looking at a remotely decent draft position or the immediate payday that comes with it.

Certainly agree with your last statement. Just thinking that he's gotta sit out a year with the transfer and his clock is ticking. Although he does have excellent hands, a successful position change could prove dicey. While I think he has the skillls to be a receiving tight end, it's still a huge transition to actually putting his hand in the dirt and blocking 260-275 lb DEs.

Perhaps he drops 20lbs and tries the "big WR" route. But the obvious drawback there is his speed....it's not good for a WR.

I don't know, it's all bizarre. I've heard a handful of former NFL players here locally on the radio say his best shot is declaring and just going into the draft as a running back. Definitely interesting to see how it all plays out.

The guy is another Bryce Brown. He'll never amount to much, if anything in the NFL although I wish him well. I think his swollen head messed up his brain.

I obviously disagree. I'm not basing my opinion here on projected draft boards. From what I saw this year around the SEC, here are the running backs I think are better, more explosive, more productive SEC running backs than Jalen Hurd......

1. Alvin Kamara
2. John Kelly
3. Kamryn Pettway
4. Rawleigh Williams
5. Sony Michel
6. Nick Chubb (bad knee and all)
7. Boom Williams
8. Derius Guice
9. Leonard Fournette
10. Kerryon Johnson
11. Damien Harris
12. Bo Scarborough
13. Trayveon Williams
14. Ralph Webb

As a matter of fact, there are 2 QBs who are better SEC runners than Hurd IMO...Joshua Dobbs and Nick Fitzgerald.

Bama's Jalen Hurts as a QB runs the ball well.

VN Store

Back