2013 F Austin Nichols (Memphis Briarcrest)

Evan Daniels: Austin Nichols will transfer to Virginia, a source tells Scout.

That's better than Miss State. On the Sports Source TV show in Knoxville, they said Miss. St. was in play. Best of luck to him.

A big difference in being the biggest rival and being the most hated. I live in a Memphis suburb and there is no question. Memphis hates UT by far more than Louisville or any other team. We aren't the biggest rival but we are much more hated. Maybe envy is the culprit. They can't stand for anything good to happen for UT.

Little brother in little league will always hate. Big12 don't want tiger high.

A big difference in being the biggest rival and being the most hated. I live in a Memphis suburb and there is no question. Memphis hates UT by far more than Louisville or any other team. We aren't the biggest rival but we are much more hated. Maybe envy is the culprit. They can't stand for anything good to happen for UT.

Because the UT system sucks tax dollars out of the city and pumps them into Knoxville while relegating the UofM to community college level funding. The University and city as a whole would actually benefit if UofM was part of the UT system since that's where most of the $$$ goes. Our athletics program would probably look more like UAB, but the University itself would be in much better shape from both an academic and financial standpoint. The PTB in the state don't give a **** about higher education in Memphis. Louisville is just a sports rivalry. The UT/Memphis thing is bigger than sports.

It's embarrassing that a research university in the state's second largest metro area is treated like Jackson State.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
It's embarrassing that a research university in the state's second largest metro area is treated like Jackson State.

It's turruble. I read where they were digging up cadavers for research, right from downtown parks!

Obviously it's almost guaranteed not to happen, but is it possible he could immediately transfer to Tennessee, sit out his junior season and be eligible to play his senior year for Tennessee? I'm assuming he's leaving Virginia, although I suppose he could finish academically at Virginia and the transfer as a grad transfer? Just curious what his options are? We need a big man, and we could sure use just a one year rental scholarship next season.

Obviously it's almost guaranteed not to happen, but is it possible he could immediately transfer to Tennessee, sit out his junior season and be eligible to play his senior year for Tennessee? I'm assuming he's leaving Virginia, although I suppose he could finish academically at Virginia and the transfer as a grad transfer? Just curious what his options are? We need a big man, and we could sure use just a one year rental scholarship next season.

Wouldn't be able to play until the spring semester started at his next stop unless he is a grad transfer

he played one game this year--does that knock out his eligibility for the year or can he still take this as a sit out "transfer year"?

he played one game this year--does that knock out his eligibility for the year or can he still take this as a sit out "transfer year"?

Yes it counts as a year unless he has some kind of waiver

Strangely enough a drug addiction would warrant a waiver.

He had his chance ....

Reactions: 1 person
Strange. Visits UT in Sept 2011. First year played is at Memphis in 2013-14. Plays year 2 at Memphis in 2014-15. Sits out 2015-16. Plays 1 game (16 minutes, 11 points, 3 rebounds, 3 fouls) at UVa in 2016-17 and is done.

Austin Nichols stats

Last edited:

VN Store

Back