Well if Butch Ever Leaves We Will Know Why.

I said nothing about what he is. I said I'm utterly confused as to how he's to blame for the receivers dropping passes and it's on him/not the players, but when the receivers start catching passes, it's the players that deserve the credit and not the coaching. You can't have it both ways.

Fact of the matter is he's coming off his best "coaching performance" of his career and yet we've still got people on this forum, including you, trying to play the debbie downer regarding him.

It's just a confusing aspect of this fan base. Some people here are so overly positive it's sickening, then there's people like you who are so negative you wonder how they make it through life.

If you can't be happy with the gameplan we used yesterday, you're never going to be happy with any gameplan we ever use.

I get being skeptical long term, believe me, I am too..but trying to down him for yesterday's game is just..dumbfounding to me.

I didn't down him for yesterday's gameplan. Jeeze

Reactions: 1 person
I'll help him pack. He beat a bad Florida team and acts like he's won a natti. In just four short years he's turned us into a powerhouse that should be ranked somewhere between #20 and #30 in the country. Great job coach you've managed to turn a team that for the last two years has been as talented as anyone in the country into a middle of the road team that is capable of beating other mediocre teams or losing to anyone. You're making millions a year and doing a subpar job so shut up about the media you deserve every bit of the criticism you've gotten. If you don't like it leave. The next coach will have us in playoff w current roster and u will be exposed for the clown u are

I think I could speak for most everyone about this. We would rather you just leave, and don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Reactions: 4 people
We have won 10 games in a row and just beat the Gators for the first time since the year Friends was still on the air. If you can be negative at this point I just feel sorry for you

I'll help him pack. He beat a bad Florida team and acts like he's won a natti. In just four short years he's turned us into a powerhouse that should be ranked somewhere between #20 and #30 in the country. Great job coach you've managed to turn a team that for the last two years has been as talented as anyone in the country into a middle of the road team that is capable of beating other mediocre teams or losing to anyone. You're making millions a year and doing a subpar job so shut up about the media you deserve every bit of the criticism you've gotten. If you don't like it leave. The next coach will have us in playoff w current roster and u will be exposed for the clown u are

Lose money on the game ?

No, he said it was just 1 game. He was happy for his kids and this fanbase. He knows how bad we all needed it. And he was even more proud of the resilience of his players

The media in this country is a distraction on so many levels. If they just reported the facts, instead of opinionated drivel (or out-and-out propaganda), they'd be far better off. Treat them like flies - just swoosh them away and keep on moving.

Ok ok you and the 5 likes you got win the award today for you know what...actually kinda funny to read though.

Sorry guys, I know I'm late getting in on this, but here goes:

"You can't spell malicious without Mali"

Amirite?

(Be here all week)

The media in this country is a distraction on so many levels. If they just reported the facts, instead of opinionated drivel (or out-and-out propaganda), they'd be far better off. Treat them like flies - just swoosh them away and keep on moving.

Sad part is my 87 year old mother watches this dishonest hogwash and it takes me 10 minutes every day to debunk everything she's heard that day from ABC, NBC, CNN, etc.

The loco local media. He sure called them out. Second or third sentence of post game press conference. That small market local mentality media ruining the program. What the heck you guys saying?
The 'media' is paid to be objective pundits of the program, not patsies. Likewise, Jones is paid to put a winner on the field. Part of that equation is making sure he goes to bat for the team whenever he thinks it's necessary.

Both parties are doing exactly what they should - and have to - do.

Damn we did just beat the gators right? I know butch hasn't won a championship but you need to calm the F*** down!!! We're 4-0 for the first time in forever and we have a great chance to do some damage. I will never count this team out until there are zeroes on the game clock after last night again. And to the people who liked this post, EAT A DUCK!!!!

The 'media' is paid to be objective pundits of the program, not patsies. Likewise, Jones is paid to put a winner on the field. Part of that equation is making sure he goes to bat for the team whenever he thinks it's necessary.

Both parties are doing exactly what they should - and have to - do.

Objective = reporting news
Subjective = Especially Stupid Prognosticators

I agree that he should have thicker skin.

Saying there were no in game adjustments or game planning makes me wonder if we watched the same game though...

If you listened to the post game show with the players, they all to a man indicated the staff at half time provided no major adjustments. Told them to play with more passion and like it was backyard game, and just keep playing hard. If the kids are lying they're lying, but they all said no major adjustments.

Reactions: 2 people
If you listened to the post game show with the players, they all to a man indicated the staff at half time provided no major adjustments. Told them to play with more passion and like it was backyard game, and just keep playing hard. If the kids are lying they're lying, but they all said no major adjustments.

There were adjustments, we've never seen Malone come out of the backfield and run a slant route for a td!!! I can't remember if I've ever seen Hurd on a wheel route either.

The truth is not everyone is sold on his system being able to stay at the top of the SEC year in and year out. 1st question is can we get there with Butch Jones (on our way), 2nd question is can we stay there. A lot of coaches lost their jobs because they couldn't deliver 2nd question.

Recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, ... coaching ... managing team chemistry-espirit de corp.

If team spirit pulls vacuum it's really hard to impossible to win consistently. Ask yourself. What does the Vols espirit de corps look like?

To me, they look like they believe in themselves now after that 2nd half against the gators. And because they ARE consistently winning with the 3rd longest winning streak in Div I ball right now.

This is huge guys. HUGE. We might struggle some if we lose another couple or three games but it's a hump they can get over easily if they keep on pulling that truck.

Oh, and John Adams - yellow journalistic media hack? I hope he's banned from campus.
Good on ya, Butch.

Dang folks in stating my opinion; the same as you. So if I've got this right, we beat a mediocre fl team and all is forgiven. We forget losing to them the past two years due to boneheaded decisions by Butch and the boys when we were clearly far more talented. We forget games like Oklahoma where we had em on the ropes and let em get back up. We forget wide receiver u has turned into blocking u. I realize tn looked great in second half but in 4 football games we have played 2 good halves. That's a problem. Maybe I'm spoiled by the tn teams of the 90s and early 2000s. Just one question then bash away. When fulmer, richt, saban, harbough, Or Meyer took over their programs how long did it take them to Begin winning and winning big???

Aren't you that guy that was wanting Kiffin back?

Damn we did just beat the gators right? I know butch hasn't won a championship but you need to calm the F*** down!!! We're 4-0 for the first time in forever and we have a great chance to do some damage. I will never count this team out until there are zeroes on the game clock after last night again. And to the people who liked this post, EAT A DUCK!!!!

I feel ya. I was saying the same thing. Butch just got us to our biggest win in a very long time, and the kicker it was Florida! Poor guy just picked the wrong time to get down on Butch right now. Lol.

Dang folks in stating my opinion; the same as you. So if I've got this right, we beat a mediocre fl team and all is forgiven. We forget losing to them the past two years due to boneheaded decisions by Butch and the boys when we were clearly far more talented. We forget games like Oklahoma where we had em on the ropes and let em get back up. We forget wide receiver u has turned into blocking u. I realize tn looked great in second half but in 4 football games we have played 2 good halves. That's a problem. Maybe I'm spoiled by the tn teams of the 90s and early 2000s. Just one question then bash away. When fulmer, richt, saban, harbough, Or Meyer took over their programs how long did it take them to Begin winning and winning big???

Im not getting on u my Vol bro. Lol. IMO We got to leave the past in the past bro, or theres no moving forward. Dont get me wrong though, I was mad enough to kick my new flat screen off the wall.

But we witnessed something yesterday that weve hardly ever seen from Butch and his staff that got me a little less sckeptical about the direction Butch has got us going, a couple of Halftime adjustments & and finshing the game! The players could have folded after the throttling they took in the first half. But Butch and his staff did something right, because our boys came out of halftime playing like their heads was on fire!

Do us all a favor and post less.

Was there more to it than this?

“I hope you guys understand the resolve and the resiliency of this football team, and the local media should understand that. We have something special here. Must win, all that – that is not the case. We are building something special here with character and competitiveness. It’s just one game. We’ve got to go on the road next week. The resolve of these kids, with all the expectations on this football game and you go down at half time and to have that second half performance. If you don’t have character in your football program, that does not happen.”

172 posts over this? Wow!

His recruits came through yesterday. Not his gameplaning
:lolabove::eek:lol::lolabove::eek:lol:

LAMO asinine statements like this are hilarious. So we don't need any coaches or practices. Just go to the game on Saturday and play. LMAO..... we should try that.

There were adjustments, we've never seen Malone come out of the backfield and run a slant route for a td!!! I can't remember if I've ever seen Hurd on a wheel route either.

Seriously though - that play may have been planned for all along. I seriously doubt they make up plays on the fly during halftime. I suspect those plays were there and it was more a matter of when to call them.

VN Store

Back